Windows 10: Unwanted desktop icon

Discus and support Unwanted desktop icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an icon on my desktop that I cannot delete. It belongs to a music app not used and long ago deleted - but the icon is still there. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JayHale1, Jan 27, 2019.

1. JayHale1 Win User

Unwanted desktop icon

I have an icon on my desktop that I cannot delete. It belongs to a music app not used and long ago deleted - but the icon is still there. I have checked Google Play store and the icon does not appear in their top 500 music apps. It's a green background with two notes and two lines pointing to the top left corner. Right clicking only offers open options (there is nothing to open) and pinning options. Looking in Windows Explorer it does not appear on any of the various user desktops. The app it once belonged to is not in the app list (I do not recall its name). It allows itself to be moved around and copied but it will not drop into a folder.

How can I delete it please ?

:)

JayHale1, Jan 27, 2019

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Unwanted desktop icon

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted desktop icon

1. Unwanted desktop icon - Similar Threads - Unwanted desktop icon

2. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  3. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  4. Unwanted icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on taskbar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  5. Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop

Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop: I have my desktop icons on my taskbar.Recently, an SSD drive and the Downloads folder have appeared among the icons. I may have accidently dragged the there, but I'm not sure.Regardless to how the got there, how do I remove them, as there is no option to remove them when...
  6. Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around

Desktop Icons Unwantedly Moving Around: I have an issue that has been upsetting me for a while. Whenever the computer boots, awakes or I plug in my second monitor my desktop icons move around. I organise them again and select refresh to save them apparently and then again whenever the computer boots, awakes or I...
  7. unwanted desktop displays

unwanted desktop displays: I somehow got a bunch of boxes with apps on my desktop that dims the display and takes away everything else on desktop. How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-desktop-displays/44305eec-71f1-4847-98f3-59ee6c532aad
  8. How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop

How To Delete Unwanted Icon On Desktop: How do I get rid of an unwanted icon on my desktop. It is black and white and looks like a light icon that has been crossed out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-unwanted-icon-on-desktop/30311986-b3bd-4b7e-9f5a-3d96dc658fe9
  9. How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove unwanted icons from Desktop Toolbars?: [img] ---------------- *I have already uncheck all except Recycle Bin in Desktop Icon Settings. [img] Thanks 139653
  10. Unwanted Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Icons: Hello everybody, There are some icons on my toolbar I don't know how to get rid of. See screen shot. The messed up icon is OneDrive. OneDrive tells me wants me to sign in. When I try sign in, I get password incorrect. When I reset the password it says, Email...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unwanted icons appear on desktop