Windows 10: Unwanted Edge message

Discus and support Unwanted Edge message in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 v1909 I use Firefox as my default browser and most times when I visit some web sites I get the following message: [img] On another... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bluewind, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Bluewind Win User

Unwanted Edge message

Windows 10 v1909

I use Firefox as my default browser and most times when I visit some web sites I get the following message:

Unwanted Edge message [​IMG]

On another machine, my laptop, this does not happen. On the laptop I am not sure whether Edge is the out of the box version or the 'new' one.

Will someone please try to help me get rid of this pesky message permanently?

:)

Bluewind, Aug 17, 2020

2. Unwanted search bar on Microsoft Edge and Steam Browser

Hi Noah,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you clear the data of Edge and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbw

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge and check.
    With respect to issue that you are facing with Steam I would suggest that you contact the developer as we do not support third part application.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 17, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Unwanted Edge message

Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

Unwanted Edge message

1. Unwanted Edge message - Similar Threads - Unwanted Edge message

2. Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop: I logged into my personal computer today to find a brand-new Microsoft Edge shortcut added to the desktop. I am the only one with access to this computer, and have not left it unlocked when I was not using it.I have, in the past, gone through a lot of effort to remove Edge,...
  3. Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop: I logged into my personal computer today to find a brand-new Microsoft Edge shortcut added to the desktop. I am the only one with access to this computer, and have not left it unlocked when I was not using it.I have, in the past, gone through a lot of effort to remove Edge,...
  4. Unwanted Microsoft Edge Shortcut on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unwanted message removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted message removal: How do I stop getting this website to show up on my desktop?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/build-expirationI have already upgraded to 11 and this is annoying.Jack...
  6. Unwanted message removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted message removal: How do I stop getting this website to show up on my desktop?https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-insider/build-expirationI have already upgraded to 11 and this is annoying.Jack...
  7. Unwanted edge install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted edge install: How do I stop edge from being installed? Every so often there's a windows update that's actually edge browser. The unwanted and disguised download takes forever and stops any work that requires the internet from being performed. I then have to take the time to use Revo...
  8. Unwanted messages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted messages: The following keeps appearing when using Microsoft Solitaire: do you want to get-user-id.js from ads.yahoo.com? I do not wish to accept this, but trying to cancel it or clicking on the 'x' does nothing. It will not go away. How can I get rid of this, and stop it from...
  9. Unwanted message on Boot

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted message on Boot: sir, start PC booting process PCGuard ROM V1.1 Feb 2 2010 11:44:56 Please setup the Hidepartion of pcguard? this two line message appear for 1 second and boot normal. can i remove the message? Hitu...
  10. Unwanted messages

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted messages: In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete") I keep getting messages, "The supreme court said..." and Trump said,"blah, blah, blah"),"Shooting in Massachusetts". I don't want or care about or want...