Windows 10: Unwanted English Language Keyboard

Discus and support Unwanted English Language Keyboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by helensot, Jun 20, 2022.

1. helensot Win User

Unwanted English Language Keyboard

I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want the English United States US keyboard.Where as the language settings show only these two:I've tried the method with powershell and these commands:$1 = New-WinUserLanguageList en-USSet-WinUserLanguageList $1This removed my Greek Keyboard, but not the redundant UK one.I've also tried the registry edit method. Nothing seems to work.This problem was reported years ago, yet here is shows up in 2022 on Win11.I type bilingual text, Greek and English

:)

helensot, Jun 20, 2022

2. Switch bilingual keyboard to English language on Windows 10.

Hello Ray,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What is the keyboard default language set on your PC?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to
    download the keyboard language from the Settings page by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.

• Select Time & Language from the options shown in the window.

• Click on Region & Language from the left side panel, click on
      English language under Added language and click on
      Options.

• Check if you have downloaded the Language Pack,
      Speech and Keyboard language from the window. Download the pending language pack and check if the issue is resolved.

• If the issue persist, go to Region & language window, select
      English language and click on Set as Default.

• Close the page and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to manually
    update the keyboard drivers from device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Keyboards option.

• Right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update
      option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

• After updating, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 20, 2022
  3. Can I keep the Windows system in English but the keyboard in a different language?

Since it didn't work, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Time & language.
    • Go to the Region & language tab.
    • Click on English (United States).
    • Click on Options.
    • Select Add a keyboard.
    • Choose Icelandic.
    • Click on US.
    • Select Remove.

The steps above will let you add a keyboard for Icelandic.

Once done, kindly check if you can now type using the language that you want.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Charianne Per, Jun 20, 2022
  4. Unwanted English Language Keyboard

Keyboard in input field problem (not english nor french)

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding the keyboard language. I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of the computer\keyboard?

2. Have you tried connecting other keyboards and check if the issue persists?

I suggest you to remove the other keyboard languages apart from English Language
    and check if the issue still persists.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Windows + X and then select Control Panel
    • Select Languages.
    • In Keyboard layout select the language.
    • Select the other languages apart from the English language in the input method and then select Remove.
    Please reply us back if the issue still persists. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jun 20, 2022
Thema:

Unwanted English Language Keyboard

1. Unwanted English Language Keyboard - Similar Threads - Unwanted English Language

2. Unable to remove English UK keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove English UK keyboard language: I have 2 English keyboard languages: UK and US. I want to keep only US. But when I go to language & region settings, I can't find UK language to remove it....
  3. Unwanted keyboard language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboard language: Hello,I have a language keyboard that I want to remove on my laptop, in this case FRA :Français allemand.When i go to the parameters it only show me the keyboard layouts that I want to keep so I don't know how to get rid of this extra keyboard. It really annoys me because it...
  4. Unwanted keyboard language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted keyboard language: Hello,I have a language keyboard that I want to remove on my laptop, in this case FRA :Français allemand.When i go to the parameters it only show me the keyboard layouts that I want to keep so I don't know how to get rid of this extra keyboard. It really annoys me because it...
  5. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support: I have a PC, but for comparison I have a school laptop I use. I have both Korean keyboards downloaded on them, however for some reason whenever I try to write in Hangul, it keeps resetting into the English alphabet on the Korean keyboard itself on PC. When I use any...
  6. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support: I have a PC, but for comparison I have a school laptop I use. I have both Korean keyboards downloaded on them, however for some reason whenever I try to write in Hangul, it keeps resetting into the English alphabet on the Korean keyboard itself on PC. When I use any...
  7. Language keyboards not typing in the actual language but with their English support

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Unwanted English Language Keyboard

Unwanted English Language Keyboard: I'm running Windows 11, build 22000.739 and I'm getting an annoying English United Kingdom US keyboard entry on my language switcher where I just want the English United States US keyboard.Where as the language settings show only these two:I've tried the method with...
  9. Unwanted language

Unwanted language: Hi, i have a problem in my windows, an unwanted languagechinese treditioanl tiwan added to my languages and i cant see it on windows settings to delete it. i tryed deleting the language from registry editor but not worked! [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. English/German Keyboard-language issue

English/German Keyboard-language issue: Hello there. I've recently installed the German language keyboard onto my American keyboard. I've done this in the past on other computers and didn't seem to have an issue. I have this on my laptop currently, also no issue. However, only on this computer--my...