Windows 10: unwanted files in onedrive

Discus and support unwanted files in onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I remove unwanted files in onedrive to free up space?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gearman38, Feb 20, 2021.

1. gearman38 Win User

unwanted files in onedrive

How do I remove unwanted files in onedrive to free up space?

:)

gearman38, Feb 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Delete unwanted files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, please help us with the details requested below:

• When you say, “SYSTEM DRIVE” are you referring to System Reserved Partition or the drive where windows is installed?
    • Which unwanted files are you referring?

If you are running out of space on your computer, you may want to refer the suggestions mentioned in the article

Free up drive space in Windows 10

Please reply with more information to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

1. unwanted files in onedrive - Similar Threads - unwanted files onedrive

2. How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?: In my Windows 10 laptop, when download a video file by clicking on Always Keep on This Device and then open that video file, a few moments later a little window pops up saying "Automatic File Downloads / Photos is downloading from OneDrive / Learn more in Settings > Automatic...
  3. How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?: In my Windows 10 laptop, when download a video file by clicking on Always Keep on This Device and then open that video file, a few moments later a little window pops up saying "Automatic File Downloads / Photos is downloading from OneDrive / Learn more in Settings > Automatic...
  4. How to avoid unwanted downloading of files with OneDrive for Windows?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unwanted data from OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted data from OneDrive: I just noticed data that is not mine Users\Owner\OneDrive on my PC. I did not even know what OneDrive was until this occurred, and now all I know about it is what I read briefly on the internet. The data contains personal files e.g., photos as well as sensitive data. I have...
  6. unwanted files

unwanted files: I recently opened my Photos and discovered loads of unrequested symbols. How can I remove them so that I can access my photos easily? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-files/4405be2f-7e09-4c09-94b9-3a99733ea0b8
  7. Possible Unwanted file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Unwanted file: Heyo, Norton just detected a .bin file in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32\UsageLogs It's apparently some sort of Trojan but norton has also detected some legit files as trojans before so I thought I'd ask The file's called "6K6AY.bin" and it reads:...
  8. Delete unwanted files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete unwanted files: I have a long history of many files of one subject that I would like to clean up. I have done a search and get a long list of resulting files. Opening a file on this list to determine current relevancy results in a search redo of the list. How can I save the original...
  9. How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?: I'd like to set my one drive to only store and save screenshots. Is it possible? - A bit off topic Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-onedrive-from-syncing-unwanted-files/95560840-7a0a-497d-89bc-0c9b45b4433a
  10. Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted

Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted: I set up the Onedrive folder in a non-default location, but now I have two Onedrive folders; the one I set up in the custom location, and another one that was created at the same time in the default location. I can't get rid of the one in the default location without...