Windows 10: UNWANTED FOLDER NAME CHANGE IN WIN10

Discus and support UNWANTED FOLDER NAME CHANGE IN WIN10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Win10 Desktop Documents shortcut points to D:\Pete. Every so often the folder name changes to Documents with a corresponding change of icon. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeaufflingPC, Aug 14, 2019.

1. UNWANTED FOLDER NAME CHANGE IN WIN10

My Win10 Desktop Documents shortcut points to D:\Pete. Every so often the folder name changes to Documents with a corresponding change of icon. My wife's account also points to a folder on D: and also suffers the name change which means two folders with the same name and icon when viewed in Windows Explorer. Can this be stopped, please? I have tried a Registry change to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell" with new string FolderType set to NotSpecified. This appears to work for a while but the problem eventually returns.

:)

KeaufflingPC, Aug 14, 2019

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Aug 14, 2019
  3. Change local user account name in Windows 10

Hello!

I've just reinstalled Win10 and created a second account for my wife. Unfortunately, the login names is the mail she's registered to Microsoft.

How can I change the name.

I've read an answer to same question suggesting following:

"

Follow the steps provided below to change the username and check.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account

"

I don't have that option in Win10.

Thanks for assistance

MichaelBar, Aug 14, 2019
  4. UNWANTED FOLDER NAME CHANGE IN WIN10

Unable to change folder name

Hi,

It is unusual that the folder name gets changed to "document" automatically during the backup.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if the issue persists.

1. Create the new folder, right click on it and select "properties".

2. Click "customize".

3. Under "optimize this folder for", select "general items" and also make sure to check the"also apply this template to all subfolder" option and save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

UNWANTED FOLDER NAME CHANGE IN WIN10

1. UNWANTED FOLDER NAME CHANGE IN WIN10 - Similar Threads - UNWANTED FOLDER NAME

2. How to change this folder name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change this folder name?: I know how to rename the folder but this one wont let me do so. So when the person who set up this laptop for me, misspell my name and now i want to change it. Please help...
  3. Unwanted folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders: Windows 10 Home 20H2. There are 2 folders, one called Pictures, the other called Videos, which keep appearing on my desktop. Both these folders are empty. I keep deleting them but as soon as I restart the computer they reappear. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of...
  4. Change the name of account and folder name.

Change the name of account and folder name.: I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find...
  5. Changing User folder name ??

Changing User folder name ??: I recently clean installed Win 10 and i came to found out that the name of the user folder is first 5 letters of my email address. I wanted to know if there is a simple solution to this. I also tried renaming and changing path in regedit using Administrator account but it was...
  6. Change the users name in folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change the users name in folder: I want remove the space in folder's name: C:\Users\Arbnor Gashi\Desktop\Master_Thesis\Write\Thesis. The space between name and last name should be removed because it doesn't work for a statistical program. I changed my account name but this name doesn't change in...
  7. Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing file name changes the folder name AND cannot find the folder: Two odd things are happen to my files: 1. Changing only the file name in explorer changes the folder name 2. I cannot locate the directory (possibly a library) Here's what is happening in explorer: I search for the text OLD, the results come up: file=IMG_3654.JPG folder...
  8. change a user name folder

change a user name folder: how do I change a user name folder in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-user-name-folder/7413f37f-1efb-44a8-9a97-24132b3ad0f8
  9. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  10. Is it possible to change this folder name ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is it possible to change this folder name ?: Is it possible to change this folder name ? Because I type the wrong name when I install windows 10 *Sad In this folder C:\Users [img] 16405