Windows 10: Unwanted folders

Discus and support Unwanted folders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home 20H2. There are 2 folders, one called Pictures, the other called Videos, which keep appearing on my desktop. Both these folders are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xb101353, May 23, 2021.

1. xb101353 Win User

Unwanted folders

Windows 10 Home 20H2. There are 2 folders, one called Pictures, the other called Videos, which keep appearing on my desktop. Both these folders are empty. I keep deleting them but as soon as I restart the computer they reappear. Why is this happening and how do I get rid of these folders permanently?

:)

xb101353, May 23, 2021
  2. Jekyll99 Win User

Problem with unwanted folder deletion

I have a rather large HDD with multiple directories and sub-directories. I've recently discovered that each of these directories contains an unwanted .metadata folder, which itself contains a number of unwanted files. I'd like to delete all these .metadata folders and their contents (all identical) in one fell swoop, rather than have to laboriously wade through maybe 300 separate directories to delete them individually.

Suggestions?

Jekyll99, May 23, 2021
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Unwanted folders

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 23, 2021
Thema:

Unwanted folders

1. Unwanted folders - Similar Threads - Unwanted folders

2. Can you delete old/unwanted MRL files from a Hyper-V VM Hard Disc folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you delete old/unwanted MRL files from a Hyper-V VM Hard Disc folder?: Hello,I have a VM that has about 80GB of old MRL files over a year old inside of its hard disc folder. The new working replication MRLs are also present along with older ones.Can I safely manually delete these MRL files without damaging any current replications or...
  3. Can you delete old/unwanted MRL files from a Hyper-V VM Hard Disc folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you delete old/unwanted MRL files from a Hyper-V VM Hard Disc folder?: Hello,I have a VM that has about 80GB of old MRL files over a year old inside of its hard disc folder. The new working replication MRLs are also present along with older ones.Can I safely manually delete these MRL files without damaging any current replications or...
  4. Unwanted folders in Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted folders in Recycle Bin: I have one, two and occasionally three unwanted folders which regularly but not always, re-appear in my Recycle Bin. I have tried deleting them separately. Restoring them doesn't make them appear back in their original place. They were all created, used and deleted empty over...
  5. Outlook keeps writing an unwanted folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outlook keeps writing an unwanted folder: I am trying to permanently delete a folder from Documents that Outlook keeps writing back. I am pretty stumped as to what could be happening here. Rep steps: 1. Attempt to delete the folder from File Explorer. It will throw "the folder is in use by another process". 2....
  6. Unwanted folder installed on system upon installation

Unwanted folder installed on system upon installation: After I installed Win 10 Pro ver. 2004 / build 19041.685, I noticed that a 4 character folder C: Users\char on my system drive. I also noticed that the same folder was created on my data drive D:\char. Both files seems to be owned by the system, and it's interfering with...
  7. Removing unwanted folders or programs

Removing unwanted folders or programs: How do I remove a program or folder I no longer want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-unwanted-folders-or-programs/34be2cf4-1af7-4a4f-80ba-b2e14116c168
  8. Unable to delete unwanted system folders

Unable to delete unwanted system folders: [ATTACH] These folder appeared after I connected my iPhone and PC to back up my iCloud datas. I couldn't delete them though they are all empty. Other than being very annoying they don't really do much to my PC. Please guide me how to delete these folders. When I click on...
  9. Microsoft Onedrive - Windows 10, creates unwanted folders in the user directory

Microsoft Onedrive - Windows 10, creates unwanted folders in the user directory: Looking over my User folders I noticed that OneDrive puts the backed up Pictures folder alongside my original Pictures folder. Basically I have 2 Picture folders. I wanted to know if this is related to the OneDrive settings. I wanted to know if this is related to the...
  10. Windows 10 Administrator can't delete unwanted folder on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Administrator can't delete unwanted folder on USB: Just recently got a new Lenovo Ideapad S340 with windows 10 built in and I have spotted a problem with my external 1Terabyte harddrive while using it on it for the first time on it on this machine. The usb hard drive it has a folder stuck in it which wasn't there when it...