Windows 10: unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10

Discus and support unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If I click start menu, settings and choose the apps folder it opens with a list of installed apps and games. I have 3 games which have been uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MUDJ, Apr 8, 2019.

1. MUDJ Win User

unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10

If I click start menu, settings and choose the apps folder it opens with a list of installed apps and games. I have 3 games which have been uninstalled but still show in this list. The option to uninstall or modify is greyed out. Using the search icon there are no traces of any files or folders using these names. I tried powershell, which also does not display the names. I really want these game names off my PC and all traces of any files still on my system. I hope there is a simple solution.

:)

MUDJ, Apr 8, 2019

2. microsoft game apps CAN'T uninstall

Hi Gloria,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Which are the games you would like to remove?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to uninstall?
    Example: Microsoft solitaire collection is the game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10. Follow the below steps to remove/uninstall the Microsoft solitaire collection from the Windows 10.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Apps and features from the system settings menu.
    • Locate and click on the Microsoft solitaire collection
      from the list of apps installed under the Apps and features.
    • Click on Uninstall. (click on Uninstall if any window prompts)
    By following the above steps, you may remove/uninstall any app/game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Phaellow Win User
    Remove uninstalled apps that show up on Windows Search

So, I installed Classic Shell. The unwanted/uninstalled apps do not show up under the All Programs list, nor do they show up when searching by their name.

Exiting back to the regular Start Menu shows the same erratic behaviour.

Phaellow, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Yvonne Win User

unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10 - Similar Threads - unwanted game files

2. Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Programs still showing in Programs and Features: Hi all,old Photoshop /Bridge version from 2021 still showing in Programs and Features. These versions are from 2021 and long gone/uninstalled / not listed in Creative Cloud, as old versions automatically are uninstalled when a new version comes out.Initiating the "Uninstall"...
  3. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features: Uninstalled apps still appears in App & Features on Settings. Can't be uninstalled or modified.I have uninstalled those GTAs but it still appear there, and I don't know if it taking the space in my disk....
  4. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features: Uninstalled apps still appears in App & Features on Settings. Can't be uninstalled or modified.I have uninstalled those GTAs but it still appear there, and I don't know if it taking the space in my disk....
  5. Uninstalled apps still appear in Apps & Features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  7. Uninstalled app still shows in start menu

Uninstalled app still shows in start menu: I bought a new laptop and uninstalled the bloatware that came with it. After I updated, all of the icons came back on the start menu. But they don't show as installed in the all programs menu and when I try uninstalling from the start menu, absolutely nothing happens. They're...
  8. Uninstall apps & features that installed with win10

Uninstall apps & features that installed with win10: Would there be any problems if i uninstall apps (example: groove music, people, skype) and features (example: windows media player) in win10 ? Anyone done this ? 180280
  9. Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstalled apps are still showing in Start Menu: I am having some problem with app installed from microsoft store. Even after i uninstalled them they still appear on on start list. Why?? I have also checked C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs here but found nothing. Please help, someone. Bloons TD...
  10. uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    uninstalled apps still show in apps and features win10: How do you remove the icon of an uninstalled app that still show in Apps and Features win10. Clicked (offending program) uninstall and shows windows cannot find c:\windows\system32\ss2uninst.exe. So I removed the program manually. Was able to remove all traces of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps uninstalled still show up in microsoft store

2. app still showing as installed in settings?

3. how to remove app listed in menu but not installed win10

4. how to remove unwanted app but still shows in my menu