Windows 10: unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10

Discus and support unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If I click start menu, settings and choose the apps folder it opens with a list of installed apps and games. I have 3 games which have been uninstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MUDJ, Apr 8, 2019.

1. MUDJ Win User

unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10

If I click start menu, settings and choose the apps folder it opens with a list of installed apps and games. I have 3 games which have been uninstalled but still show in this list. The option to uninstall or modify is greyed out. Using the search icon there are no traces of any files or folders using these names. I tried powershell, which also does not display the names. I really want these game names off my PC and all traces of any files still on my system. I hope there is a simple solution.

:)

MUDJ, Apr 8, 2019

2. microsoft game apps CAN'T uninstall

Hi Gloria,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Which are the games you would like to remove?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to uninstall?
    Example: Microsoft solitaire collection is the game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10. Follow the below steps to remove/uninstall the Microsoft solitaire collection from the Windows 10.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Apps and features from the system settings menu.
    • Locate and click on the Microsoft solitaire collection
      from the list of apps installed under the Apps and features.
    • Click on Uninstall. (click on Uninstall if any window prompts)
    By following the above steps, you may remove/uninstall any app/game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Phaellow Win User
    Remove uninstalled apps that show up on Windows Search

So, I installed Classic Shell. The unwanted/uninstalled apps do not show up under the All Programs list, nor do they show up when searching by their name.

Exiting back to the regular Start Menu shows the same erratic behaviour.

Phaellow, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Yvonne Win User

unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. unwanted game files, uninstalled, still show in apps and features menu in settings, Win10 - Similar Threads - unwanted game files

2. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...
  3. Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Shows Uninstalled App As Installed — How To Fix?: I recently downdated an app (1Password) for testing purposes. I probably should have uninstalled first and then reinstalled the older version, but I went ahead and just "updated" to the older version. Unfortunately, Windows Settings thought there were two versions installed....
  4. Uninstall unwanted apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall unwanted apps: Hi to everyone, after major update i did from windows version 1803 to 1809 ,i am experiencing a problem.Whenever i open my computer there are some unwanted appps and games that are automatically installed even if i delete them,even if i turn off automatic updates from...
  5. Deleted app still in App and Feature

Deleted app still in App and Feature: I had deleted an app but it is still presented in the App and Feature settings. How do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-app-still-in-app-and-feature/cbae7532-63d0-4850-b924-b77e5d0b49c7
  6. Unwanted Apps Keep Appearing in Start Menu After Uninstall in Windows 10

Unwanted Apps Keep Appearing in Start Menu After Uninstall in Windows 10: Many have tried to solve this, but few have been successful. I have turned of suggested apps in the Start Menu, and uninstalled Candy Crush, Bubble Witch, Etc.., but they keep showing up in my Start Menu after I reboot. I have never played these games, this is a fresh install...
  7. uninstalling apps&games

uninstalling apps&games: hi, I really have a problem with uninstalling an app, because its not a program that I can find in my control panel and when I found out about that I searched in Microsoft store so could I find anything to uninstall it but there isn't anything like an install bottom, whyyy?...
  8. Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 apps still showing in search after uninstall: I Just upgraded to Office 365 Pro(which installed Office 2016 apps) , but these apps are not showing in Windows Search but instead shortcuts from Office 2013 are still showing up as Best Match in Windows Search. eg: Word 2013 shows up when I search for Word but Word 2016...
  9. Item still in start menu after uninstall

Item still in start menu after uninstall: Well I uninstalled a few programs and most of them have no traces left... one however is still listed under the letter sorted part of the start menu. No clue how to remove it as it's not installed and none of the files from it are left... Edit: You know those blonde...
  10. Settings Still Shows Notification Option for Uninstalled Application

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings Still Shows Notification Option for Uninstalled Application: "Settings->Notifications & actions->Show notifications from these apps" here shows an entry for an uninstalled application (not a Store app). The uninstall looks to have been clean. There are no registry or file system entries. Anyone know why/where this entry still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to remove unwanted app but still shows in my menu