Windows 10: Unwanted hotspot/network sharing

Discus and support Unwanted hotspot/network sharing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello ,There is a hotspot/shared in the area I am in, of which I can't connect meaning its being hosted by my own PC, "mobile hotspot" and "nearby... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dena v.a, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Dena v.a Win User

Unwanted hotspot/network sharing

Hello ,There is a hotspot/shared in the area I am in, of which I can't connect meaning its being hosted by my own PC, "mobile hotspot" and "nearby sharing" are both turned off; so I'm out of ideas why this could happen.

:)

Dena v.a, Sep 14, 2020

2. Accidently disabled myPublicWifi hotspot in networks and sharing centre

To further assist you regarding your concern, we suggest that you manage the hotspot settings on your PC. To do this, you may follow the steps provided on this
    link. Once you’re on the page, proceed with the steps and
    complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Additionally, if the issue continues, you may check the Advanced sharing settings from the
    Control Panel to identify if the issue is not related to it. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel and press
      Enter
    • Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center.
    • On the left-side pane of the window, click Change advanced sharing settings.
    • Expand the Private network profile, select the Turn on network discovery option under the
      Network discovery section.
    • You may also select the Turn on network discovery option from the
      Guest or Public and Domain (current profile) network profile by expanding them one by one.
    • Once you’re done, click Save changes.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Network Sharing

Hi Arya,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Are you trying to share the wireless network connection from Windows device to phone?
    2. What is the make and model of the phone?
    3. Which version of Windows is installed on your device?
    Refer the article ‘Which version of Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to sharing the Wireless network connection in Windows 10, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and click on Network & Internet.
    2. On the network & Internet page, click on ‘Mobile hotspot’.
    3. Turn On’ Share my Internet connection with other devices under Mobile hotspot.
    4. The default network name and password will be available under Mobile hotspot.
    5. Enter the same password on the device which you’re trying to connect and check the status of the issue.

If you’re trying to share the internet connection, then refer the article
    Use your PC as a mobile hotspot
    for more information.

If you’re referring to ‘File sharing’, I suggest you to refer the section ‘How do I troubleshoot sharing and folders’ from the article ‘File
    sharing over a network in Windows 10

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 14, 2020
  4. Unwanted hotspot/network sharing

Mobile hotspot No network access

Hi,

To fix the issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC to your WiFi.
    • Right-click on the WiFi tray and click on Open network and sharing center.
    • Click on Change adapter settings which is present at the left side of the window.
    • Right-click on your WiFi and click on Properties, then click on the
      Sharing tab.
    • Check the box next to Allow other network to connect through this computer's internet and
      Allow other network users to control or disable the shared internet and click
      OK.
    • Go to Settings > Network & Internet >
      Mobile Hotspot
      and turn it on.

• After you turn on the hotspot, go back to the Change adapter settings window. You will find a connection called
      Local area connection* 20. The number 20 may differ.
    • Do step 4 again. In Sharing tab below the first checkbox, select the
      Local area connection* 20 from the drop-down.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Unwanted hotspot/network sharing

1. Unwanted hotspot/network sharing - Similar Threads - Unwanted hotspot network

2. Hotspot internet sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotspot internet sharing: I have my PC connected to internet via ethernet cable and I want to share internet via wifi adapter to my laptop. The thing is if I do this with the hotspot my laptop ends up on a different subnet. Is there a way to share wifi and keep my laptop and PC on the same network?...
  3. Networking two computers and sharing files using iphone hotspot

Networking two computers and sharing files using iphone hotspot: Hello, I'm trying to find a way to provide two computers an internet connection through iphone hotspot, and share files between them at the same time. Does anyone have any tips for how to do this? I have had some success with: iphone's internet --> Personal hotspot via...
  4. sharing of hotspot is not working

sharing of hotspot is not working: it will be connect but the network is not coming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-of-hotspot-is-not-working/3eb4149b-5a5d-4823-947a-aa01100c5215
  5. Unwanted Background Sharing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted Background Sharing: We have several business computers running Windows 10 Professional. They all have separate Office Applications all connected to the same Microsoft Business Account. The problem is several computers are randomly sharing background images from one computer to another. How do we...
  6. Mobile hotspot sharing from

Mobile hotspot sharing from: How do i set this up in laptop. Under the sharing from box it dont have choice of cellular network even though the cell phone is in available Wi-Fi networks just wont connect 135229
  7. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...
  8. Hotspot sharing not working

Hotspot sharing not working: Good Afternoon, After the last windows update, I've been finding impossible to share my pc internet connection with my phone. Whenever my phone connects to the hotspot I get the message that there isn't any internet connection, and in the hotspot settings I can't see...
  9. Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing.

Support IPv6 in mobile hotspot network sharing.: I have a native IPv6 connection for my cable network. However, I cannot share that network through mobile hotspot in Windows 10. When I use mobile device to connect the hotspot, it can only get IPv4 address....
  10. Problems sharing internet with hotspot

Problems sharing internet with hotspot: I've created hosted network with this command NETSH WLAN set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Your_SSID key=Your_Passphrase then activated it like this netsh wlan start hostednetwork Now i am supposed to share Ethernet internet with this hotspot interface, but there is...