Windows 10: Unwanted icon on taskbar

Discus and support Unwanted icon on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nanz, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Nanz Win User

Unwanted icon on taskbar

Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something I did not recognize. How do I stop it from being on my task bar? Windows version number 2004 (OS Build 19041.1052)

:)

Nanz, Jun 9, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Unwanted items on Windows 10 taskbar

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to customize the taskbar and also try to unpin the unwanted icons from the taskbar.

Step 1: Try customizing which icons which will be displayed on the task bar and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Settings.

3. Then select System.

4. Click on Notifications and actions.

5. Then click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Also click on
    Turn System icons on or off.

6. Try to turn off unwanted icons on the taskbar.

Step 2: I recommend you to unpin unwanted shortcut icons which is created on the taskbar.

1. Right click on unwanted icons on the taskbar other than System icons such as network icon and sound icons.

2. Then click on Unpin from taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on taskbar
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Unwanted icon on taskbar

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Unwanted icon on taskbar

1. Unwanted icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - Unwanted icon taskbar

2. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar: I,For some reason, I am seeing artifacts in the line that shows up under open windows. I thought I could take a screenshot, but it doesn't show up.On my PC Windows 10, I see a second line and a third line that flashes. All the lines are thinner than what shows up in the...
  3. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar: I,For some reason, I am seeing artifacts in the line that shows up under open windows. I thought I could take a screenshot, but it doesn't show up.On my PC Windows 10, I see a second line and a third line that flashes. All the lines are thinner than what shows up in the...
  4. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop

Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop: I have my desktop icons on my taskbar.Recently, an SSD drive and the Downloads folder have appeared among the icons. I may have accidently dragged the there, but I'm not sure.Regardless to how the got there, how do I remove them, as there is no option to remove them when...
  6. Unwanted Taskbar

Unwanted Taskbar: After downloading garage band from garagebandforpc.org, a strange task bar appeared at the top of my desktop. I went to my taskbar settings, I restarted my computer, I uninstalled Garage Band, and I scanned my computer for malware, but none of these things helped, leading me...
  7. How do I cleanup unwanted taskbar icons?

How do I cleanup unwanted taskbar icons?: A week or so ago I experimented with showing all the lower right icons I could just for fun. Now I am paying the price for my foolish experiment. I can't find out out to remove all but the 2 or 3 I had displayed before. This complicated by the difficulty in finding a...
  8. Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar: This is some kind of settings problem that I can’t find. I am getting unwanted icons representing previously opened emails in my task bar when I am using GMail. If I hover mouse over the icon, I get small pictures of every message I’ve opened and can ‘X’- out. How do I get...
  9. Unwanted desktop icon

Unwanted desktop icon: I have an icon on my desktop that I cannot delete. It belongs to a music app not used and long ago deleted - but the icon is still there. I have checked Google Play store and the icon does not appear in their top 500 music apps. It's a green background with two notes and two...
  10. Unwanted Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Icons: Hello everybody, There are some icons on my toolbar I don't know how to get rid of. See screen shot. The messed up icon is OneDrive. OneDrive tells me wants me to sign in. When I try sign in, I get password incorrect. When I reset the password it says, Email...