Windows 10: Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop

Discus and support Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have my desktop icons on my taskbar.Recently, an SSD drive and the Downloads folder have appeared among the icons. I may have accidently dragged the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by artytoitx, Jun 8, 2021.

1. artytoitx Win User

Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop

I have my desktop icons on my taskbar.Recently, an SSD drive and the Downloads folder have appeared among the icons. I may have accidently dragged the there, but I'm not sure.Regardless to how the got there, how do I remove them, as there is no option to remove them when right-clicked and they do not show up in any of the user folders as links or shortcuts?

:)

artytoitx, Jun 8, 2021

2. Unwanted items on Windows 10 taskbar

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to customize the taskbar and also try to unpin the unwanted icons from the taskbar.

Step 1: Try customizing which icons which will be displayed on the task bar and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Settings.

3. Then select System.

4. Click on Notifications and actions.

5. Then click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Also click on
    Turn System icons on or off.

6. Try to turn off unwanted icons on the taskbar.

Step 2: I recommend you to unpin unwanted shortcut icons which is created on the taskbar.

1. Right click on unwanted icons on the taskbar other than System icons such as network icon and sound icons.

2. Then click on Unpin from taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on taskbar
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 8, 2021
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop - Similar Threads - Unwanted icons appeared

2. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar: I,For some reason, I am seeing artifacts in the line that shows up under open windows. I thought I could take a screenshot, but it doesn't show up.On my PC Windows 10, I see a second line and a third line that flashes. All the lines are thinner than what shows up in the...
  3. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar: I,For some reason, I am seeing artifacts in the line that shows up under open windows. I thought I could take a screenshot, but it doesn't show up.On my PC Windows 10, I see a second line and a third line that flashes. All the lines are thinner than what shows up in the...
  4. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear: I have a problem for three weeks is that the taskbar does not appear the icons ce windows applications as configuration among others, just as I can not open the Windows window neither with the keyboard nor pressing with the mause on it, and the desktop when the system starts...
  6. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear: I have a problem for three weeks is that the taskbar does not appear the icons ce windows applications as configuration among others, just as I can not open the Windows window neither with the keyboard nor pressing with the mause on it, and the desktop when the system starts...
  7. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unwanted icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on taskbar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  9. Unwanted desktop icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted desktop icon: I have an icon on my desktop that I cannot delete. It belongs to a music app not used and long ago deleted - but the icon is still there. I have checked Google Play store and the icon does not appear in their top 500 music apps. It's a green background with two notes and two...
  10. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...