Windows 10: Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar

Discus and support Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This is some kind of settings problem that I can’t find. I am getting unwanted icons representing previously opened emails in my task bar when I am... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rbdaves, Apr 20, 2019.

1. rbdaves Win User

Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar

This is some kind of settings problem that I can’t find. I am getting unwanted icons representing previously opened emails in my task bar when I am using GMail. If I hover mouse over the icon, I get small pictures of every message I’ve opened and can ‘X’- out. How do I get rid of these icons showing up?

:)

rbdaves, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar

Unwanted items on Windows 10 taskbar

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to customize the taskbar and also try to unpin the unwanted icons from the taskbar.

Step 1: Try customizing which icons which will be displayed on the task bar and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Settings.

3. Then select System.

4. Click on Notifications and actions.

5. Then click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Also click on
    Turn System icons on or off.

6. Try to turn off unwanted icons on the taskbar.

Step 2: I recommend you to unpin unwanted shortcut icons which is created on the taskbar.

1. Right click on unwanted icons on the taskbar other than System icons such as network icon and sound icons.

2. Then click on Unpin from taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on taskbar
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar

1. Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar - Similar Threads - Unwanted icons previously

2. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  3. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  4. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  5. Taskbar and file icons not showing up

Taskbar and file icons not showing up: My taskbar icons and file icons aren't showing up and are replaced by some sort of default icon. But for some reason it only happens to some of the icons and not others, I've tried searching for solutions and couldn't find very much. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling...
  6. Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties: The icons on my desktop shortcuts are gone, leaving only the names. In the taskbar, they are replaced with what looks like a newspaper or website page icon. I cannot open the properties of anything and it applies in file explorer as well....
  7. Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties: The icons on my desktop shortcuts are gone, leaving only the names. In the taskbar, they are replaced with what looks like a newspaper or website page icon. I cannot open the properties of anything and it applies in file explorer as well....
  8. Taskbar and desktop icons not showing up; can't open properties

9. Unwanted icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on taskbar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  10. Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted icons appeared on taskbar desktop: I have my desktop icons on my taskbar.Recently, an SSD drive and the Downloads folder have appeared among the icons. I may have accidently dragged the there, but I'm not sure.Regardless to how the got there, how do I remove them, as there is no option to remove them when...