Windows 10: Unwanted interference

Discus and support Unwanted interference in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I get this (explicative) McAfee software off of my laptop? These (explicative) advertisements are blocking a full 1/4 of my screen!... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kiltedbiker, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Unwanted interference

How do I get this (explicative) McAfee software off of my laptop? These (explicative) advertisements are blocking a full 1/4 of my screen!

:)

Kiltedbiker, Nov 28, 2018
  2. AndreTen Win User

Daily Unwanted Restarts

Ok, just ask and we will go step by step.

For temps monitoring, I like HWinfo. download and install (link was here before). At start it will ask you if running only sensors, check yes and run

Unwanted interference [​IMG]

Find Temps/ Core max and GPU, click them and graph will show.

You can show it in system tray too. follow like in the picture below

AndreTen, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Nokia 920: Radio Interference?

Could be anything from WiFi to the phone trying to connect to a network, as lots of other phones make the same sound. Would follow Cjlim's suggestion and attempt to isolate the source of the interference.

adrianhughesNSD, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Unwanted interference

Edge interferes with mouse operation

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the mouse pointer freezes when using Microsoft Edge.

Please perform the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser.

A. Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task B.
    Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Method 2

Step 1: Check if the cursor freezes on safe mode with networking. Follow below.

A. Press Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.

B. Type in msconfig to start the system Configuration Tool.

C. Go to the Boot tab and, in the Boot options section check the box that says "Safe boot" and choose "Network" from the available options. Then, click OK.

D. Click Ok and restart the computer.

Step 2: If the issue doesn't occur in safe mode then, you may perform clean boot and check. Follow below.

A. To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called
    Clean Boot

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Disclaimer: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may
    also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a
    clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings
    may prevent you from following these steps.

B. To disable any 3rd party unwanted startup programs in Windows 8 and above, follow:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/20119.how-to-enable-or-disable-startup-programs-in-windows-8.aspx

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Method 3

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue.

Step 1: Kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Step 2:

If issue persist, Kindly follow the below given steps and check if it helps:

Run these commands:

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Type the following command in Powershell and hit enter:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    Additionally, I would also suggest you to check if the issue still persist when logged in to Windwos using a different User Account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted interference

1. Unwanted interference - Similar Threads - Unwanted interference

2. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  3. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  4. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  6. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  7. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  8. Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows

Unwanted account requesting login credentials when startup log into windows: Hi I am getting an account requesting a email and password etc... when I start windows. This account is in my name it is not the admin account and it is not listed under settings other users or the control panel. In the email address in the windows login prompt it has the...
  9. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  10. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...