Windows 10: Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines

Discus and support Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have two computers. A workstation with a belgian keyboard layout and a laptop with a German keyboad layout. I only use local accounts on these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sjerra, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Sjerra Win User

Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines

Hi,

I have two computers. A workstation with a belgian keyboard layout and a laptop with a German keyboad layout. I only use local accounts on these machines but I do log into my microsoft account for office onedrive etc. Since the last update, suddenly my workstation has a German keyboard layout as default.

I couldn't log in for a while till I realised this and changed the layout at the bootscreen because the keystrokes don't match.

How is it possible that Microsoft decides to change my layout without question? Furthermore how is it possible that it just takes information from one machine and applies it to another.

I deleted the german layout, but guess what........ I couldn't log into my laptop anymore.

Is there a way I can stop windows from doing this?

Sjerra

:)

Sjerra, Jun 14, 2020
  2. HEM
    HeM Win User

Removing unwanted keyboard layout

@JaJe,
    I think, you have to read above tutorial more carefully...*Smile
    From that:

Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines [​IMG]

3. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Jun 14, 2020
  4. JaJe Win User

Removing unwanted keyboard layout

Clicking on option I only have this:

Only my personalized layout here, but still present on taskbar the other two...

Thema:

1. Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines - Similar Threads - Unwanted keyboard layout

2. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  3. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  4. Unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  5. Unwanted keyboard layout

Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  6. Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout: I cannot remove unwanted keyboard ENG-VI English United States Vietnamese in setting. I even tried to remove by using PowerShell but it wasn't listed in InputMethodTips. What can I do?...
  7. Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout

Cannot remove unwanted keyboard layout: I cannot remove unwanted keyboard ENG-VI English United States Vietnamese in setting. I even tried to remove by using PowerShell but it wasn't listed in InputMethodTips. What can I do?...
  8. Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted data sharing between 2 computers: I have 2 computers 1 for school and the other for personal use when I download/put things on my desktop on my personal computer, they appear on my school computer whenever I next use it. How can I stop this from happening....
  9. Removing unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout: Hello guys, Windows 10 is making me a hard life sometimes, recently without any setting change I see the keyboard layour near the clock (ENG) or (ROU US) but I did not want any of extra layouts and I don't know why Microsoft like to f*** with people nerves so much. The...
  10. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout: When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it). Now when I switch...