Windows 10: Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete

Discus and support Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the update to W10 creator edition I have two extra keyboard layouts available to me which I do not want, but I can't get rid of. Before, I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete

Since the update to W10 creator edition I have two extra keyboard layouts available to me which I do not want, but I can't get rid of.

Before, I had two languages -- UK English and Belgian French -- with the US International AltGr Deadkeys (installed from a third party) and the Canadian Multilingual layouts assigned respectively to each language. But now I have English UK with a UK keyboard and English US with a standard US keyboard as well. This is very annoying when I need to switch languages quickly. However in the language preferences I cannot find these two unwanted layouts to delete them. What do I need to do?

:)

ricecrispies, Apr 26, 2017

2. Keyboard layouts issue in Windows 10

Hello everyone,

after the last big Windows upgrade I have strange issue with keyboard layouts: after system restart I see 3 layouts instead of 2, but in settings I can see only one layout, so I cant delete unwanted items. By the way, I can't add Russian US keyboard, because
    it's missing in the list of layouts I'm able to add.

Google and registry editing not helped.

Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete [​IMG]

Evgeny Konovalov, Apr 26, 2017
  3. Windows constantly adds keyboard layouts I don't want

I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10. I use two custom keyboard layouts - Programmer Dvorak and a Keyman layout. I want it set up so that those are the only
    two layouts, so I can switch between them easily using (Window Key) + (Spacebar).

But every time Windows updates, it adds three to four more layouts I don't want. Some of them (US Dvorak) I've used in the past, while others (Canadian Multilingual Standard) I haven't. These layouts usually don't show up in the Region and Language settings,
    so I have to add them and then remove them again. This usually gets rid of the unwanted layouts and I can go about my business with minor inconvenience.

The latest update broke the system completely. Now, every time I reboot or sometimes just when I wake up the computer from sleep, the unwanted keyboards are back. Often, I can't even remove them - adding and then removing them as I've done in the past only
    reorders them in the list, rather than actually removing them. One keyboard, the standard US QWERTY, is almost impossible to remove.

I can't imagine I'm the only Windows user who uses keyboard layouts differing from their regional default, and I similarly can't imagine that Microsoft has devoted so little QA effort to this feature that it's essentially non-functional. Is there a setting
    somewhere I need to change? Something in the registry that's recreating the keyboard layouts? (Yes, I've tried deleting Preload, and that works briefly, if at all)

Graham9797, Apr 26, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete

Go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language. Here you will see your Windows display language, presumably in your case 'English (United Kingdom)'. Click on it to reveal the 'Options' button. Click the button and in the options you'll see all your keyboards listed. Click on one of them to reveal the 'Remove' button.

5. The extra keyboard layouts aren't listed. All I can see are the two I had originally. Basically I still have just the two languages with one layout for each.

6. Erm.... It seems like I forgot to try logging out and logging in again before I posted for help. I've launched a new login session and the problem has corrected itself. I think it was just keyboard layouts I had had active in the past and deleted coming back to haunt me.

7. Bree New Member
    Glad you got it sorted. As a bonus you now know where to look if you want to add, say, English International in the future - useful for things like á ë ó ö etc.

8. Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete

I use the US International AltGr Dead Keys instead of the normal US International because it behaves just like the standard US keyboard until I want those extra characters. I also use WinCompose to do the characters that I can't reach any other way. (But run a virus check if you do download WinCompose because they did have a problem of one release getting infected with something.)

9. Where have you read that? I compile WinCompose by hand, package and publish it on a Linux machine. There is no way it can have been infected with “something”.

sam hocevar, Apr 27, 2017
  10. I downloade a binary installer and my virus checker caught it, so I went back to an earlier release and that was OK.

ricecrispies, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete

1. Unwanted keyboard layouts I can't delete - Similar Threads - Unwanted keyboard layouts

2. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  3. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  4. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  5. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  6. Unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  7. Unwanted keyboard layout

Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  8. I can't delete keyboard layouts!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't delete keyboard layouts!: Hello, I have a custom layout but I have a problem... My problem is that there are two keyboard layouts on windows that will not go away... I've tried everything (even the registry edit method) It's a pain because of my particular layout... See the images attached here......
  9. Removing unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing unwanted keyboard layout: Hello guys, Windows 10 is making me a hard life sometimes, recently without any setting change I see the keyboard layour near the clock (ENG) or (ROU US) but I did not want any of extra layouts and I don't know why Microsoft like to f*** with people nerves so much. The...
  10. Can't delete the unneeded keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't delete the unneeded keyboard layout: Hello, Please help me to delete the English (UK) keyboard layout, as I don't really need it. I have it in the layouts popup windows on taskbar, though in the settings there is no such layout! Therefore Windows think that there is nothing to delete. The screen shot is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unwanted keyboard layouts I cant delete windows 10

2. unwanted keyboard change