Windows 10: Unwanted keyboard

Discus and support Unwanted keyboard in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I live in Belgium but have set my region to the UK as I want English to be the main language of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NellF, May 24, 2019.

1. NellF Win User

Unwanted keyboard

I have a new laptop with Windows 10 installed. I live in Belgium but have set my region to the UK as I want English to be the main language of the laptop. I need an English keyboard (UK) and French (Belgian) and these are installed in my language options. However a third keyboard appears that I cannot delete 'English United States Belgian French keyboard'. I don't even know what this means from a linguistic point of view but most importantly, it doesn't appear in the list of language packs or language options so I can't delete it. I don't want 3 keyboard languages as I want to have a quick switch between EN and FR but I also don't want American English near my computer (i.e. making its way into spell checks) so I don't to delete the UK English language pack, leaving the American English.

How do I get rid of the intrusive keyboard that I didn't ask for?

:)

NellF, May 24, 2019

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 24, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, May 24, 2019
  4. Alsojohn Win User

Unwanted keyboard

Unwanted Keyboard on startup since updating to version1709

• 1) Does the On-Screen Keyboard launch before or after logging in to your Microsoft account?
    • When I turned on the computer, programs loaded as well as the unwanted keyboard
    • 2) Have you checked your startup programs if the On-Screen Keyboard is listed?
    • No idea what to look for but looked at startup programs in task manager- not seen.
    • 3) Is your device in tablet mode upon startup?
    No.

With all my fiddling, my computer mechanic deleting old files, the computer loads up - NO unwanted keyboard.

I am happy

Thank you for showing interest

Alsojohn, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted keyboard

1. Unwanted keyboard - Similar Threads - Unwanted keyboard

2. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  3. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  4. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  5. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  6. Unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  7. Unwanted keyboard layout

Unwanted keyboard layout: HiMy laptop shows an extra keyboard layout [German Germany Albanian] and I cannont remove it. It doesn't appear in "Preffered Langauges" List.Any Ideas to remove it?Thanks in adcance.** I cannot insert pictures here, you can show this capture on Drive....
  8. Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher: I can`t get rid of wrong layouts in the list of the input switcher on Windows 11.This problem discussed before but obvioulsy still not solved. I had to use regedit, but now it has come back.Microsoft should understand that there are people using two different languages. Then...
  9. Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher

Unwanted language or keyboard is still in the input switcher: I can`t get rid of wrong layouts in the list of the input switcher on Windows 11.This problem discussed before but obvioulsy still not solved. I had to use regedit, but now it has come back.Microsoft should understand that there are people using two different languages. Then...
  10. Trouble with Laptop - Keyboard Glitch and Unwanted Back Key Presses

Trouble with Laptop - Keyboard Glitch and Unwanted Back Key Presses: Hello Microsoft community, I'm reaching out due to a series of perplexing and random issues that have been occurring on my laptop. Recently, I've been facing problems with keyboard input where the active typing location intermittently moves backward, disrupting my ability to...