Windows 10: Unwanted language (En-US) automatically adds to task bar keyboard options

Discus and support Unwanted language (En-US) automatically adds to task bar keyboard options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm currently using Windows 10, and have 3 languages English-NZ, Korean, and Chinese as preferred languages, with En-NZ as the default. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ju-EunKim, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Ju-EunKim Win User

Unwanted language (En-US) automatically adds to task bar keyboard options

I'm currently using Windows 10, and have 3 languages English-NZ, Korean, and Chinese as preferred languages, with En-NZ as the default.

However, English-US automatically adds to keyboard selection almost every time I restart my laptop/MS surface. It doesn't appear in the settings, so I have tried installing then uninstalling English-US language pack, and that did successfully remove the language, but when I restarted my PC, it appeared again.

I have tried changing Microsoft office preferred languages, where En-US was one of the languages registered, and that seemed to help for a while, but En-US has reappeared now.

:)

Ju-EunKim, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Jul 24, 2019
  3. AnhVu_ls Win User
    App automatically add keyboard/language to windows

I'm having trouble with this app called Unikey (it let you type in Vietnamese Unicode, basically). Upon installing the app automatically add Vietnamese keyboard layout to windows, this has caused me quite a bit trouble since I need to switch between US and
    Taiwan keyboard frequently, another language to the list of language bar slow down my workflow quite a lots.

So my question is "Is there anyway to prevent an app from adding keyboard to windows?" Maybe restrict them from adding registry that involves Windows's language keyboard stuffs..

AnhVu_ls, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Unwanted language (En-US) automatically adds to task bar keyboard options

Change input language based on keyboard?

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with automatically switch input languages based on which keyboard on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• Do you wish to perform this task, on any particular Windows

application?
    • Why do you want to perform this task?
    The Automatically switch keyboard to match language of surrounding text option is only available in OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word.

When the Automatically switch keyboard to match language of surrounding text option is turned on, it changes the keyboard's layout to the language that matches the language of text adjacent to the cursor's position.

For more information, refer to the link below:

Turn on automatic language options:
    Turn on automatic language detection

Your default keyboard layout or input method is the one that’s automatically used with the language you see Windows in (for example, the QWERTY keyboard for American English). If you want to keep your Windows language the same but use a different keyboard
    automatically, follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel by entering Control Panel in the search box, and then

tapping or clicking Control Panel.

2.Enter Add a language in the search box, and then tap or click Add a

language.

3.Tap or click Advanced settings.

4.Under Override for default input method, choose the keyboard layout or input method you'd like to be your new default, and then tap or click Save.

For more information, refer to the link below:

Change your language or keyboard:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/add-language-keyboard

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted language (En-US) automatically adds to task bar keyboard options

1. Unwanted language (En-US) automatically adds to task bar keyboard options - Similar Threads - Unwanted language automatically

2. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  3. Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows adds EN-US keyboard to keyboard layouts unrequested: I currently use Windows 11, English United States set as main language, with Portuguese ABNT 2 as my only keyboard layout. However, Windows keeps adding US layout, usually when I reboot. When this happens, this layout does not show up under my language options, and I have to...
  4. Mysterious EN-US Input Language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious EN-US Input Language: Hello,For some strange reason I have two languages available in my taskbar, ENG-UK and ENG-US. It's a bit annoying having ENG-US there, as I don't actually have this language pack, display language, input method, keyboard layout etc... installed anywhere!I'm pretty tech savvy...
  5. Mysterious EN-US Input Language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious EN-US Input Language: Hello,For some strange reason I have two languages available in my taskbar, ENG-UK and ENG-US. It's a bit annoying having ENG-US there, as I don't actually have this language pack, display language, input method, keyboard layout etc... installed anywhere!I'm pretty tech savvy...
  6. windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through. It appears without an...
  7. Language Bar - Unwanted "Other Language" options

Language Bar - Unwanted "Other Language" options: Hello community. Not sure when did this start happening but my language bar has unwanted "Other Language" options. [ATTACH] They are also in the Advanced Key Settings: [ATTACH] But they do not show up in "Preferred Languages" or anywhere else: [ATTACH] So I can't...
  8. If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout

If i add language en-US also en-UK will be added after reboot as keyboard layout: I run Windows 10 with de-DE as default language settings. For IT tasks like administration and programming I also use en-US INTL as keymap. So I install en-US language via Windows 10 setting and change keymap to en-us intl. Looks good but after reboot I also have en-UK...
  9. missing keyboard language in task bar

missing keyboard language in task bar: Following a recent update, the language selection tool for my normal laptop keyboard, heretofore in the task bar next to the date and time, has disappeared. Now I cannot switch back and forth between languages, a useful function for me in a multi-lingual environment How...
  10. Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically

Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically: Windows keeps adding input language (EN-US and EN-FR) automatically, and to delete them i have to add this input methods because they existe just on switching list.... but they will come back again and i have to do it all over... help me to solve this problem forever...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adds unwanted keyboard