Windows 10: unwanted links showing in email OL 2016

Discus and support unwanted links showing in email OL 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I am looking at email in outlook 2016, moving my mouse over a selection it will show the link. i.e. when I place my mouse cursor over "get coupon"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by meebers, Sep 2, 2017.

1. meebers Win User

unwanted links showing in email OL 2016

When I am looking at email in outlook 2016, moving my mouse over a selection it will show the link. i.e. when I place my mouse cursor over "get coupon" the link shows. Sometimes this hides the button to select. Is there a setting to turn this off?

:)

meebers, Sep 2, 2017

2. How to Create "Rules" in "Mail" (Live Mail) (image 1) - Not in Outlook Mail (image 2)

> Outlook.com and Outlook 2016 - are they same/different?

And don't forget the good ol' Outlook Express. Outlook.com is the old
    Hotmail, basically a webmail like Gmail or Yahoo. Outlook 2016 is a part of
    MS Office Outlook. That is an email client, but it is not freeware.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 2, 2017
  3. possible scam

[Merged]

I assume the following message purporting to be from the "Microsoft account team" is spam and have not clicked on the link. Any comment, please? {Apparently, my previous attempt to post did not include the following message - apologies}

Regards

unwanted links showing in email OL 2016 [​IMG]

Add to contacts

4:53 AM

To: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Show this message...

Microsoft account team (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)
    This sender is in your safe
    list

Sent:
    Tuesday, 22 March 2016 4:53:00 AM

To:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Microsoft account

Verify your account

We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app.

To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you take corrective action. To regain access, you'll need to confirm that the recent activity was
    yours.

Review recent activity

Thanks,

The Microsoft account team

Bill and DianaNelson, Sep 2, 2017
Thema:

unwanted links showing in email OL 2016

1. unwanted links showing in email OL 2016 - Similar Threads - unwanted links showing

2. aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails: Hi Aol keeps revamping its email, always for the worse. they now add an image to an any link one copies and pastes. there is the option in the upper right hand corner to remove it after the fact.i was hoping someone here might know how to prevent the image to begin with....
  3. aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    aol adds unwanted image to any links put in emails: Hi Aol keeps revamping its email, always for the worse. they now add an image to an any link one copies and pastes. there is the option in the upper right hand corner to remove it after the fact.i was hoping someone here might know how to prevent the image to begin with....
  4. jpj][][ol[

in Windows 10 Gaming
    jpj][][ol[: oupigphl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpjol/360fab68-1644-4d50-a7cf-431962fa5d3b
  5. Unwanted email addresess !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted email addresess !: Is it possible to remove suggested and unwanted email addresses in Windows Mailbox app ? I seem to have managed it in my yahoo account but unsure how to do it in Mailbox! Although helpful it is sometimes annoying. I sent a Email to a friend of mine yesterday, it actually went...
  6. Unwanted email addresess !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted email addresess !: Is it possible to remove suggested and unwanted email addresses in Windows Mailbox app ? I seem to have managed it in my yahoo account but unsure how to do it in Mailbox! Although helpful it is sometimes annoying. I sent a Email to a friend of mine yesterday, it actually went...
  7. Links unwanted in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links unwanted in task bar.: I would like to remove the unwanted links in the hidden links popup on the right side of my taskbar. I already have the links I need on the task bar proper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-unwanted-in-task-bar/cba66636-1011-4647-85a6-9b659052752f
  8. Showing unwanted links in Lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Showing unwanted links in Lock screen in Windows 10: Dear Microsoft team, Still facing problem in Windows 10 lock screen since a week. I have already turned off get fun facts, tips and more from Windows and Cortana on your lock screen option in personalization, lock screen but nothing happened. Please help! [IMG][ATTACH][IMG]...
  9. unwanted adult emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unwanted adult emails: How do I stop this **** from coming into my email, and constantly getting between 300 and 400 emails a day, Im tired of it, do I need to cancel my email account and start a new one?...
  10. Unwanted emails

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted emails: I haver gmail account and ever since they change their login site I get many emails I don't want (ads) and I can't find a way to unscribe from them. Can anyone help me??? 83763