Windows 10: unwanted links showing in email OL 2016

Discus and support unwanted links showing in email OL 2016 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; When I am looking at email in outlook 2016, moving my mouse over a selection it will show the link. i.e. when I place my mouse cursor over "get coupon"... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by meebers, Sep 2, 2017.

1. meebers Win User

unwanted links showing in email OL 2016

When I am looking at email in outlook 2016, moving my mouse over a selection it will show the link. i.e. when I place my mouse cursor over "get coupon" the link shows. Sometimes this hides the button to select. Is there a setting to turn this off?

:)

meebers, Sep 2, 2017

2. How to Create "Rules" in "Mail" (Live Mail) (image 1) - Not in Outlook Mail (image 2)

> Outlook.com and Outlook 2016 - are they same/different?

And don't forget the good ol' Outlook Express. Outlook.com is the old
    Hotmail, basically a webmail like Gmail or Yahoo. Outlook 2016 is a part of
    MS Office Outlook. That is an email client, but it is not freeware.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 2, 2017
  3. possible scam

[Merged]

I assume the following message purporting to be from the "Microsoft account team" is spam and have not clicked on the link. Any comment, please? {Apparently, my previous attempt to post did not include the following message - apologies}

Regards

unwanted links showing in email OL 2016 [​IMG]

Add to contacts

4:53 AM

To: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Show this message...

Microsoft account team (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***)
    This sender is in your safe
    list

Sent:
    Tuesday, 22 March 2016 4:53:00 AM

To:
    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Microsoft account

Verify your account

We detected something unusual about a recent sign-in for the Microsoft account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. For example, you might be signing in from a new location, device, or app.

To help keep you safe, we've blocked access to your inbox, contacts list, and calendar for that sign-in. Please review your recent activity and we'll help you take corrective action. To regain access, you'll need to confirm that the recent activity was
    yours.

Review recent activity

Thanks,

The Microsoft account team

Bill and DianaNelson, Sep 2, 2017
Thema:

unwanted links showing in email OL 2016

1. unwanted links showing in email OL 2016 - Similar Threads - unwanted links showing

2. email link not opening

in Browsers and Email
    email link not opening: I am running Windows 10 v 1903 64bit,also Firefox Quantum 68.0.164bit.My Email is Outlook. When I open an Email I get a link with letters and numbers like a code(see screenshot)but when I click on them nothing happens,I have to close the email programme to read them on the...
  3. Browser link in Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser link in Emails: Email links are becoming a major problem, through viruses and phishing. Why on earth hasn't Microsoft produced a simple switch to stop an email link opening a browser. I understand that outlook can do it, but we don't all have that, but we almost all have some version of...
  4. Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted icons for previously opened emails showing up in taskbar: This is some kind of settings problem that I can’t find. I am getting unwanted icons representing previously opened emails in my task bar when I am using GMail. If I hover mouse over the icon, I get small pictures of every message I’ve opened and can ‘X’- out. How do I get...
  5. Email links not working in Earthlink Email program

in Browsers and Email
    Email links not working in Earthlink Email program: I have Vietnam Vet friend in AK, he tells me that when I send him an email with a hyperlink in it, he cannot get it to work immediately. However, if he comes back to it later in the day it will work. He uses Firefox as his browser and VLC for audio & video. I have to save...
  6. Email link problem

in Browsers and Email
    Email link problem: When clicking on a link in an E mail I get a box full of technical letters and numbers and the link doesn`t open. When I close Outlook,the link is opened on the screen.I`ve attempted to include a screenshot (if it works). 127693
  7. Email and linked accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email and linked accounts: I have a new surface and am trying to set it up with two of my email accounts. I thought I did everything correctly, including linking them so they would all come through email together but I am only getting the emails from one of the accounts and not the other even though...
  8. email links question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    email links question: What’s happened with links in my emails? They suddenly stopped working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/email-links-question/3580ffa7-d6cb-43e8-b256-85cfd792b43a
  9. emailing links

in Browsers and Email
    emailing links: When I try to add a You Tube link to an email it says "We couldn't add your attachments. Please try again." 112071
  10. Unwanted emails

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted emails: I haver gmail account and ever since they change their login site I get many emails I don't want (ads) and I can't find a way to unscribe from them. Can anyone help me??? 83763