Windows 10: unwanted local account

Discus and support unwanted local account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Unwanted Local Account I had a computer crash that had a local user account as well as a Microsoft account. I replaced that computer with another and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YolandaPosada, Dec 4, 2020.

1. unwanted local account

Unwanted Local Account

I had a computer crash that had a local user account as well as a Microsoft account. I replaced that computer with another and set it up. I did not put a local user account on the new computer. Now the old local user is showing up on the new computer and causing problems. I have searched my computer and cannot find the local user account anywhere but still remains. How do I talk to someone at Microsoft to address this issue? I just spent an hour listening to music.

:)

YolandaPosada, Dec 4, 2020

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Dec 4, 2020
  4. unwanted local account

Unexpected/unwanted change to local account definitions

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Based on your information, if you want to convert the current Microsoft user account to local account. Follow the below steps.

Since, your account has been changed to Microsoft account you will have to log-in with the password that you use for email address. Once you logged-in successfully follow the below steps to change the account from Microsoft account to local account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your Account on the left pane and click on
      Sign in with a local account.
    • Enter the password and follow the on screen instruction to convert the Microsoft account to local account.
    If you want to install the Linux, visit the below link for Linux support.

https://www.linux.com/community

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

unwanted local account

1. unwanted local account - Similar Threads - unwanted local account

2. The Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Local Account: I've been using my laptop under my parent's account and i wanted to change it to a local account, but i still want all my apps and games on my computer. If i change to a local account will my apps still be there?...
  3. Local account

Local account: I accidentally logged into my local account with my moms microsoft account. i have my person microsoft, my moms microsoft, and my local all logged in on my computer and i need help removing them. I can remove the microsoft accounts. the issue is, my local account is now...
  4. Local accounts

Local accounts: Hi, just purchased a new Lenovo laptop and logged in using my onmicrosoft account. Now I need to create a local login to allow other users to share the PC. I have created an account called Admin under Settings, Accounts, Other users where it allows me to enter a password....
  5. Switch to local account or reinstall with local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch to local account or reinstall with local account: Hello. So i am new to Win 10, and recently did a Windows 10 Home edition test install on a separate harddrive (using Win 7 atm). I installed using the Microsoft account method, as i thought this was the only option. I recently found out that it is possible to install Win 10...
  6. Unwanted accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted accounts?: Hello, I was advised to use the 'run- netplwiz' and it shows only 1 account. It then shows username, and under 'Group' it shows Administrators; Users. However, when I go to \windows\users\ I see directories: default, default user1, defaultuser1.NAME-LAPTOP.001, then 'first...
  7. local account

local account: How can I change the name of a Local account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-account/6e627884-0d84-4afe-afec-c77b19a18b11
  8. Cannot delete unwanted account

Cannot delete unwanted account: I have removed an unwanted account in Windows 10 by going Settings\Accounts\Email & app accounts\Accounts used by other apps Then clicking on the account and Remove. So it disappears from the list but next time I switch on and go there it has returned. And I keep getting...
  9. unwanted user account

unwanted user account: hi there is an unwanted user account in my windows 10 that i don't know how it's created. when i delete this user account and restart my laptop that account is created itself. The account has an unusual name: khrgrenqjxsx. i think it should be a virus or malware. How...
  10. Local Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Local Account: How do I remove my local account log in information? I started to set it up but changed my mind. I don't see a way to delete the information. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/local-account/dab14d7f-e91c-4317-8fc0-d412d41b2027"