Windows 10: Unwanted McAfee services running

Discus and support Unwanted McAfee services running in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; HP Envy laptop I never had mcafee products. I use Norton. But I found the following exe files in my task manager: "Processes" McAfee Core Firewall... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wdb95126, Jul 4, 2018.

1. wdb95126 Win User

Unwanted McAfee services running

HP Envy laptop

I never had mcafee products. I use Norton. But I found the following exe files in my task manager:

"Processes"

McAfee Core Firewall Service

McAfee Management Service

McAfee Management Service Host

McAfee Process Validation Service

"Services"

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\VSCore_15_8\McApExe.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfefire.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfemms.exe

C:\windows\system32\mfevtps.exe

And 25 more in C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\SystemCore

And these 3:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\MMSSHost\MMSSHost.exe
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Mcafee\MMSSHost\MMSSHost.exe
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe

There are no mcafee applications or software to removed in control panel.

I searched many different places on the web as well as answers.microsoft.com.

Any help appreciated.

:)

wdb95126, Jul 4, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Hi Wdb95126, click the link below to download the official McAfee Removal tool, then run that to remove all traces of McAfee software from your PC

McAfee Removal Tool - McAfee Uninstaller

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

DaveM121, Jul 4, 2018
  3. wdb95126 Win User

HP Envy laptop

I never had mcafee products. I use Norton. But I found the following exe files in my task manager:

"Processes"

McAfee Core Firewall Service

McAfee Management Service

McAfee Management Service Host

McAfee Process Validation Service

"Services"

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\VSCore_15_8\McApExe.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfefire.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\SystemCore\mfemms.exe

C:\windows\system32\mfevtps.exe

And 25 more in C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\SystemCore

And these 3:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\MMSSHost\MMSSHost.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Mcafee\MMSSHost\MMSSHost.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\Platform\McSvcHost\McSvHost.exe

There are no mcafee applications or software to removed in control panel.

I searched many different places on the web as well as answers.microsoft.com.

Any help appreciated.

wdb95126, Jul 4, 2018
  4. Ethan B. Win User

Hey wdb,

Hope I can help here. McAfee has a guide to remove their consumer products, have a look:

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/...

Step 1 is useless, look at step 2 for their removal tool. Good luck, let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns..

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Ethan B., Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unwanted McAfee services running - Similar Threads - Unwanted McAfee services

2. Unwanted software Running in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted software Running in background: A software is running and it is using 60%-80% of my cpu i notice this when I open "NZXT CAM" software. I can see what software is running heavily and I saw visual features and whenever I open task manager to close it the visual feature that is causing my cpu to run at 90%...
  3. Unwanted software Running in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted software Running in background: A software is running and it is using 60%-80% of my cpu i notice this when I open "NZXT CAM" software. I can see what software is running heavily and I saw visual features and whenever I open task manager to close it the visual feature that is causing my cpu to run at 90%...
  4. How To Contact McAfee Customer Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Contact McAfee Customer Service?: McAfee customer service +1-202-960-2084 Phone Number provides assistance and support for various security products, including antivirus software, internet security, and identity protection. Their team helps customers with installation, troubleshooting, subscription inquiries,...
  5. How To Contact McAfee Customer Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Contact McAfee Customer Service?: McAfee customer service +1-202-960-2084 Phone Number provides assistance and support for various security products, including antivirus software, internet security, and identity protection. Their team helps customers with installation, troubleshooting, subscription inquiries,...
  6. How To Contact McAfee Customer Service?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows defender running unwanted scans

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender running unwanted scans: So I scheduled all of my scans for windows defender, as far as I can tell, to happen when my laptop is plugged in at night and when I am not using it. However, despite my best efforts to stop them, it runs scans all of the time during the middle of the day, managing to take...
  8. McAfee won't run

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    McAfee won't run: It appears after prerelease 200828-1431, my McAfee Live Safe won't launch. The only thing that it will do is verify my subscription. Everything else just flashes the McAfee start up panel for a second, then disappears. Anyone else experience this or know the problem...
  9. Unwanted Speech Services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted Speech Services: When I "swipe down" using a touchpad on Windows 10, I often get a pop-up bar at the top of the screen that says, "To use dictation, go to settings and turn on speech services." I don't want this. I don't have a microphone enabled. Sometimes the service hangs up, and the...
  10. Unable to run a program(McAfee)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to run a program(McAfee): Recently, I've installed McAfee in my computer but it was unable to run and therefore I contacted their technician to fix this. After troubleshoting my computer and couple times of reinstalling McAfee, the issue still exists. The technician said it was due to the OS issue...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Mmsshost.Exe

2. mcafee services running