Windows 10: Unwanted messages

Discus and support Unwanted messages in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete") I keep getting messages, "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jun 28, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

Unwanted messages

In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete")

I keep getting messages, "The supreme court said..." and Trump said,"blah, blah, blah"),"Shooting in Massachusetts".

I don't want or care about or want these messages.

Where did they come from?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jun 28, 2018
  3. bogmali Win User
    Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Josey Wales Win User

Unwanted messages

Windows Defender to protect against apps that show coercive messages

You read it. I do not need MS deciding what I install on My PC.

Josey Wales, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted messages

1. Unwanted messages - Similar Threads - Unwanted messages

2. How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop onedrive from syncing unwanted files?: I'd like to set my one drive to only store and save screenshots. Is it possible? - A bit off topic Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-onedrive-from-syncing-unwanted-files/95560840-7a0a-497d-89bc-0c9b45b4433a
  3. Windows Installing Unwanted Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Installing Unwanted Audio Driver: When i installed Windows earlier today it installed this drivers (1) [ATTACH] This Two driver Works Perfectly Fine And i want to stick to it.. But Windows keeps installing this two drivers (2) [ATTACH] Now i want know how do i remove the drivers shown in picture...
  4. Unwanted Speech Services

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted Speech Services: When I "swipe down" using a touchpad on Windows 10, I often get a pop-up bar at the top of the screen that says, "To use dictation, go to settings and turn on speech services." I don't want this. I don't have a microphone enabled. Sometimes the service hangs up, and the...
  5. unwanted program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unwanted program: Recently I've been logging in to Google Chrome email and from that into Outlook. Next, when I hit new tab it no longer opens the Google Chrome email home page. Instead, it opens a search page and won't get off it unless I completely exit from Google or restart the whole...
  6. cortana unwanted notifications

in Cortana
    cortana unwanted notifications: How do you stop Cortana from delivering unwanted notificationson? I keep getting notifications from Sports teams that I don't follow and that I didn't ask for. See Below; [ATTACH] How do I stop unwanted notifications Thanks...
  7. how to uninstall unwanted driver update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to uninstall unwanted driver update: I plugged a Samsung phone into my Windows 10 PC which i copied it files and it automatically download driver and i want to delete these samsung driver the problem is that how to uninstall it is there a way that i can delete these updates or uninstall it completely from my...
  8. Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two Onedrive folders, one unwanted: I set up the Onedrive folder in a non-default location, but now I have two Onedrive folders; the one I set up in the custom location, and another one that was created at the same time in the default location. I can't get rid of the one in the default location without...
  9. Remove Unwanted Languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Unwanted Languages: Good day, I have a HP notebook that I upgraded to windows 10, version 1803 home edition. I am trying to figure out why I am getting multiple languages downloaded when I think I have all the settings set to US (English). I have attached a .doc file that list the files that are...
  10. Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.: Hi, I do apologise if this has been asked, I have searched and also used google to search, to no avail, at least not worded this way. I do not use windows firewall, I opt to use Windows10Firewall Control, which does, IMO, a better job of giving me control. Which is...