Windows 10: Unwanted messages

Discus and support Unwanted messages in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete") I keep getting messages, "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jun 28, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

Unwanted messages

In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete")

I keep getting messages, "The supreme court said..." and Trump said,"blah, blah, blah"),"Shooting in Massachusetts".

I don't want or care about or want these messages.

Where did they come from?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jun 28, 2018
  3. bogmali Win User
    Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Unwanted messages

Windows Defender to protect against apps that show coercive messages

You read it. I do not need MS deciding what I install on My PC.

Josey Wales, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted messages

1. Unwanted messages - Similar Threads - Unwanted messages

2. How do I stop unwanted audio alerts?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I stop unwanted audio alerts?: How do I stop all audio alerts in the middle of the night? They occur randomly when I am trying to sleep. Turning off notifications does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-unwanted-audio-alerts/7829918a-301a-458f-a13b-041bf8465115
  3. UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI remove unwanted boot entries from BIOS solved easily: Hi folks with UEFI if you've installed say some Linux versions and you don't want them any more you might still see these at boot if you go into your BIOS boot menu. Easy way to fix these i.e remove them 1) Go into command mode (run as administrator) 2) type bcdedit /enum...
  4. unwanted screen message that pops up, Spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unwanted screen message that pops up, Spam?: Every so often the message "your Icloud settings are out of date" I called Apple and they said "Not so" How can I get the message to stop popping up?...
  5. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...
  6. Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder"

in Windows 10 Support
    Uninvited and Unwanted "My Shared Folder": Every time I boot my computer (OS: Windows 10) a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears on the desktop. In addition a folder named "My Shared Folder" appears is added in the File Explorer. This folder has its own address: C:\Users\Omar\Desktop\My Shared Folder. How do I...
  7. October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer)

in Windows 10 Customization
    October Update - unwanted dark theme (Windows Explorer): I recieved the October Update yesterday. I noticed that Windows Explorer has a dark theme after restarting. But the dark theme is ugly and makes me angry, because it's all very unclear. I tried to search in Explorer's settings but there is not an option for change it back...
  8. Frustrating unwanted task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frustrating unwanted task bar: How do I get this search engine task bar off the top of my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frustrating-unwanted-task-bar/b9552b77-27e8-41e1-893f-c519af982c60
  9. Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus

Blocking unwanted software messages to purchase such as slimware plus: How do I stop and block unwanted software from sending me messages to purchase such as slimware plus https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-unwanted-software-messages-to-purchase/1073a497-23ec-4436-8414-aa12194ac31e"
  10. Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.: Hi, I do apologise if this has been asked, I have searched and also used google to search, to no avail, at least not worded this way. I do not use windows firewall, I opt to use Windows10Firewall Control, which does, IMO, a better job of giving me control. Which is...