Windows 10: Unwanted messages

Discus and support Unwanted messages in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete") I keep getting messages, "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jun 28, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

Unwanted messages

In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete")

I keep getting messages, "The supreme court said..." and Trump said,"blah, blah, blah"),"Shooting in Massachusetts".

I don't want or care about or want these messages.

Where did they come from?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jun 28, 2018
  3. bogmali Win User
    Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Josey Wales Win User

Unwanted messages

Windows Defender to protect against apps that show coercive messages

You read it. I do not need MS deciding what I install on My PC.

Josey Wales, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted messages

1. Unwanted messages - Similar Threads - Unwanted messages

2. Unwanted keyboard layout keeps showing up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted keyboard layout keeps showing up: Hi everyone, I got a really weird problem which keeps disturbing my typing experience for half of a year. I mainly use two keyboards: English (US) and Chinese Simplified - Pinyin. However, every time I restart the PC, an English (US) - International keyboard layout...
  3. Deleting unwanted items

Deleting unwanted items: When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago....
  4. How to stop unwanted apps from popping up on Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop unwanted apps from popping up on Windows 10?: I don't know why, but unwanted ads from some apps (I did not download them) keep popping up from the right side of the screen. I can't even control it on Settings. Please help me. Thanks. P.S. I am using Windows 10....
  5. Wifi keeps swapping to an unwanted wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi keeps swapping to an unwanted wifi connection: ** My System Think Pad X1 Carbon 5th: Model: 20HR-S1780 Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C Dock Windows 10 What happened today illustrates the problem. My computer was on and my wifi (my-wifi) was working. **** “My-wifi” The computer normally shows my-wifi as “connected, secured”....
  6. Unwanted Programmes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted Programmes: To whom it may concern, Can someone PLEASE explain to me who it is at Microsoft who imagines they are allowed to force unwanted, non- requested programmes which seem impossible to delete, onto the computers of private users. I thought we had overcome this problem with the...
  7. Posting info to help diagnose recent unwanted restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Posting info to help diagnose recent unwanted restarts: I have not had a BSOD but am posting here as requested by zbook in this thread Inexplicable restarts - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums Happily, there has been no further impromptu occurrence since those described in detail. So I'm hoping that this will remain one of those...
  8. Potentially Unwanted Programs

Potentially Unwanted Programs: Hi Microsoft, How do I prevent the operating system from pre- and re-installing PUPs on my computer? I neither need or want several programs on my computer that seem to have magically been installed without my permission including but not limited to: Candy Crush XBox...
  9. Windows 10 Unwanted Shortcut Keys

Windows 10 Unwanted Shortcut Keys: Hi everyone, I'm having an issue which is really confusing. I was playing a video game (Overwatch), it is a shooting game, so I need to use WASD to play. As I was playing, my laptop repeatedly exit to the desktop as if I pressed the Windows Logo Key which I did not. I got...
  10. Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.: Hi, I do apologise if this has been asked, I have searched and also used google to search, to no avail, at least not worded this way. I do not use windows firewall, I opt to use Windows10Firewall Control, which does, IMO, a better job of giving me control. Which is...