Unwanted messages

Discus and support Unwanted messages in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete") I keep getting messages, "The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by doncole, Jun 28, 2018.

1. doncole Win User

Unwanted messages

In the lower right hand corner of the desktop, (where windows messages usually show up such as, "Download complete")

I keep getting messages, "The supreme court said..." and Trump said,"blah, blah, blah"),"Shooting in Massachusetts".

I don't want or care about or want these messages.

Where did they come from?

Don Cole

:)

doncole, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jun 28, 2018
  3. bogmali Win User
    Private Message Notifications

Not a bad feature suggestion as it saves you time getting to the gist of the message. EVGA, Anandtech, and OCN has the feature on their site.

bogmali, Jun 28, 2018
  4. Josey Wales Win User

Unwanted messages

Windows Defender to protect against apps that show coercive messages

You read it. I do not need MS deciding what I install on My PC.

Josey Wales, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted messages

1. Unwanted messages - Similar Threads - Unwanted messages

2. Unwanted Apps Keep Appearing in Start Menu After Uninstall in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted Apps Keep Appearing in Start Menu After Uninstall in Windows 10: Many have tried to solve this, but few have been successful. I have turned of suggested apps in the Start Menu, and uninstalled Candy Crush, Bubble Witch, Etc.., but they keep showing up in my Start Menu after I reboot. I have never played these games, this is a fresh install...
  3. Unwanted Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Music: Like many other users, unwanted music starts playing when I open a news window in Yahoo. I'm sure you have been advised/asked about this "virus attack" many times. Do you have a solution? Thanks. 9M...
  4. How to stop Windows 10 from installing unwanted Store apps

in Windows 10 News
    How to stop Windows 10 from installing unwanted Store apps: [ATTACH] Windows 10 now comes with some pre-installed Store apps. This article will guide you on how to prevent or stop the installation, reinstallation or updating of unwanted Microsoft Store apps and advertisements of these apps. Microsoft released Windows 10 as [...] This...
  5. Unwanted pop showsup everytime i start my laptop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unwanted pop showsup everytime i start my laptop.: 'C:\users\lenovo\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\windows\uwgdireh\vcfvvhwg.exe.' Make sure you typed name correctly then try again. This pop up started showing up on my screen a week back.It doesn't cause any problem when i click on ok but it shows every time i start my system....
  6. Unwanted McAfee services running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted McAfee services running: HP Envy laptop I never had mcafee products. I use Norton. But I found the following exe files in my task manager: "Processes" McAfee Core Firewall Service McAfee Management Service McAfee Management Service Host McAfee Process Validation Service "Services"...
  7. Unwanted Installation

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Installation: Hello, Today I have noticed in the list of installed programs a new fresh (today) installation "Microsoft OneDrive". I was not asked to accept this installation, I was even not notified it was installed on my computer. Now I do not know who owns my computer, microsoft or me....
  8. Unwanted transparent box in corner of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted transparent box in corner of screen: I have an unwanted transparent box that has recently appeared in the top right hand corner of my screen I is always there irrespective of what program I am using Clicking on it does nothing and I cant drag it I am using Bitdefender antivirus and a full system scan has not...
  9. Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script: I Created a few scripts that removes all bloat preinstalled and unpins everything, but some items remain... .Having trouble to create a script that will "uninstall / unpin" the following apps listed below from start Candy Crush Soda Saga Disney Magic Kingdoms Bubble Witch...
  10. Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Turn on Windows Firewall - unwanted message every boot.: Hi, I do apologise if this has been asked, I have searched and also used google to search, to no avail, at least not worded this way. I do not use windows firewall, I opt to use Windows10Firewall Control, which does, IMO, a better job of giving me control. Which is...