Windows 10: unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar

Discus and support unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How do I stop unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by greggreen_661, Jul 15, 2020.

1. unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar

How do I stop unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar

:)

greggreen_661, Jul 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 File Explorer not responsive on Task Bar.

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the File Explorer has become unresponsive on the Task Bar. After clicking the File Explorer on the Task Bar the Desktop refreshes but I never get the list of files. The only way I can access my files is to right
    click on the Windows icon at the lower left of the screen, then select File Explorer.

I've tried unpinning the File Explorer from the Task Bar and then re-adding it. This did not solve the problem.

One additional piece of information, I have four accounts on this PC. Two of the accounts have the problem I described above. The other two accounts work correctly.

Thanks for your help.

JamesEastman, Jul 15, 2020
  3. sixt5cuda Win User
    Windows 10 lost my pinned OneDrive file links on the task bar

First, my files are not missing, I simply cannot access them the same way I did with Windows 8 and 8.1

Correct behavior from Windows 8.1:

1) Open Windows Explorer

2) Find and open Notepad file "Notes.txt" located in a OneDrive folder

3) Notepad is pinned to the task bar

4) Right-click on Notepad icon in task bar

5) List of recent files appears, including files recently opened on OneDrive

6) Right-click on "Notes.txt", left-click on Pin To This List

7) "Notes.txt" is now quickly accessible from the list of files in the Notepad list on the task bar

Under Windows 10, step 5 is broken. Files located on OneDrive never appear in the list of recent items for a pinned application on the task bar. This behavior is duplicated on the Start Menu Jump List.

Under Windows 8.1, I had many pinned documents connected to applications on my task bar. As soon as Windows 10 booted the first time, these links disappeared. Links to documents on the desktop or in my local Documents folder, remained linked to task bar
    applications.

Has anyone else seen this behavior, or is it just my computer?

sixt5cuda, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Mikky_888 Win User

unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar

how to successfully pin files to the task bar

I use to be able to drag and drop files onto the task bar and they would reside withing the file list for that program. Since the recent upgrade it appears that I am not able to pin a file to the program on the task bar. Suggestions?

Mikky_888, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar

1. unwanted, multiple file explorer files in my task bar - Similar Threads - unwanted multiple file

2. Links unwanted in task bar.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Links unwanted in task bar.: I would like to remove the unwanted links in the hidden links popup on the right side of my taskbar. I already have the links I need on the task bar proper. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/links-unwanted-in-task-bar/cba66636-1011-4647-85a6-9b659052752f
  3. Unwanted icon on task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted icon on task bar: Just had a windows update and after the restart, a weather icon appeared on the bottom right of my task bar. I right clicked it to try to exit it, get rid of it. Did not have that option so I went in to the "start" program to find it and couldn't unless it was named something...
  4. Help with file explorer as a task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with file explorer as a task bar: In older Windows versions than Windows 10, I used to set up a floating taskbar for all the folders, and it was either hidden or present on all monitors and locked to the left side. I was able to get directly to my files and folders and it was clean and clear, didn't require...
  5. File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive

File Explorer & Task Bar Unresponsive: Whenever a second user logs in on my machine, they do not have access to FIle Explorer and the Task Bar is unresponsive. I am able to fix the issue by forcing the other account to sign off in the User portion of the Task Manager. If the initial account then logs back in, it...
  6. File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working

in Cortana
    File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working: Hi, Recently I cannot search for files in the File Explorer search box and the Taskbar search option does not work. I have tried all these Under Task Manager, re-start File Explorer Under Task Manager - Details, cannot find Under File Explorer - View - Options -...
  7. File explorer and Task bar search windows

in Cortana
    File explorer and Task bar search windows: Why can't I type into the file explorer and the task bar search windows? There is no cursor when trying to click in either window. It is some what recent, worked several week ago pretty sure. I was working with using the file search function out of a 3rd party manual. Glen...
  8. Task Bar/File Explorer Hanging constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Bar/File Explorer Hanging constantly: I am having a problem when I click on a pinned program on the taskbar, it hangs for a while, then when I click on the pinned program again, it works. I think it is the file explorer behind the scene restarting. This is happening about every 5 to 10 minutes. It makes work...
  9. Pinning file explorer to the task bar to access files and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pinning file explorer to the task bar to access files and folders: I accidentally unpinned the file explorer icon from the task bar at the bottom of the screen. It is the icon I use to access all my files and folders. Now I can't access any of my folders. What can I do to recover the icon on the task bar?...
  10. Frustrating unwanted task bar

Frustrating unwanted task bar: How do I get this search engine task bar off the top of my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frustrating-unwanted-task-bar/b9552b77-27e8-41e1-893f-c519af982c60