Windows 10: Unwanted Nero Ad on Desktop

Discus and support Unwanted Nero Ad on Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Periodically, I get the ad shown below on my Desktop. I have Nero 2014 installed so I guess that is the source of the ad. How can I prevent it from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JJG10, Oct 8, 2017.

1. JJG10 Win User

Unwanted Nero Ad on Desktop

Periodically, I get the ad shown below on my Desktop. I have Nero 2014 installed so I guess that is the source of the ad.

How can I prevent it from showing up?

Unwanted Nero Ad on Desktop [​IMG]

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Oct 8, 2017

2. Unwanted Ads

Hi Nicolle -

Unfortunately you cannot mitigate the ads on Yahoo pages including Mailbox with popup blockers. They spend a lot of money programming their site to defeat popup blockers since it's how they make their money with those display ads - the reason you have to subscribe
    to Pro to even get rid of the ad to the right of the Inbox.

What works best to defeat this is to use WIndows 10 Mail which will sync all of your webmail like Yahoo into an ad-free larger inbox with a huge ad-free reading pane, gives all the functions of the Yahoo Mail including your folders, allows you to set the sync
    for as much history as you want in your Inbox or folders, and generally works great to merge all of your web mailboxes into the same Inbox or keep them separated.

Here's how to get started:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2488072,00...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes. I'll keep working with you until this is resolved.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Oct 8, 2017
  3. Nicole116 Win User
    Unwanted Ads

Hello,

I have the pop up blocker set on.. however Yahoo ads keep appearing at the bottom left corner of my screen.. it appears when I am looking at items to potentially buy. How do I stop Yahoo ads???

Nicole116, Oct 8, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

I have Nero 2017. I used to get the pop up for the new version. I haven't gotten any (yet) since upgrading to 2017. I have received e-mail offers for the 2018 but 99% of what I do is Audio CD production (I have a recording studio) and Nero BurningROM in 2017 works perfectly (older versions had a but when dragging a song with a two work title, it cut the first word off. It had been that way since at least Nero 6 and maybe before). 2017 finally fixed the two word problem.

fireberd, Oct 8, 2017
Thema:

1. Unwanted Nero Ad on Desktop - Similar Threads - Unwanted Nero Desktop

2. Unwanted ad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted ad: My new Windows 11 has the annoying habit of when the user leaves for a while, when returning, the OS has called up an ad for MS products displayed on on Bing.. I want the unwanted feature to go away....
  3. Unwanted ad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted ad: My new Windows 11 has the annoying habit of when the user leaves for a while, when returning, the OS has called up an ad for MS products displayed on on Bing.. I want the unwanted feature to go away....
  4. unwanted ads in solitaire collection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unwanted ads in solitaire collection: From the very start of the first Windows OS, there was a free solitaire game as a bonus. In the following decades, it evolved a little, adding more variation, but basic solitaire remained the same. In the last decade, when the user wants to play solitaire, there are requests...
  5. UNWANTED POP UP ADS

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNWANTED POP UP ADS: [ATTACH]THESE KEEP APPEARING ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF MY SCREEN. I WANT TO REMOVE THEM. HELP PLEASE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-up-ads/42e35d84-d35a-46b0-88e7-76a1dffbf474
  6. Unwanted ads

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted ads: HI, I have a laptop that is less than a year old. Has antivirus etc. Ads keep popping up on the home screen, not when I have an internet browser open, and there is no option to stop seeing ads etc. They are ads for random products, apps etc, a lot of them misogynistic and...
  7. Nero

in Windows 10 Support
    Nero: Using Windows10 and have a DVD/CD but need a Nero player. There are so many on their web site which do all sorts of different things but all I want is something to create a copy and play a disc. Which one should I purchase please? Cheers. 113054
  8. How to stop Nero ads in lower right of screen

How to stop Nero ads in lower right of screen: For about the last month I've been getting Nero ads that pop up in the lower right of the desktop, above the notification area. I have NERO 2017 and have disabled or deleted Nero notifications and update (all that I could find including registry) but the pop ups still...
  9. unwanted ad

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unwanted ad: I went to a website about two weeks ago and now every time I am online there is an ad from that site on my screen. Is there a way to eliminate it? 46109
  10. Nero

Nero: Nero 12 will not install on Windows 10. They want $59 for update. 92019

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nero desktop ad remove

2. how do i delete nero ad on desktop