Windows 10: Unwanted/not requested IP Address changes on network-connected HP MFP Printer.

Discus and support Unwanted/not requested IP Address changes on network-connected HP MFP Printer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Often, about once a month, I come across a strange network issue. My HP Multi-Function Printer is connected to my home network, as well as my HP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Handy Dan, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Handy Dan Win User

Unwanted/not requested IP Address changes on network-connected HP MFP Printer.

Often, about once a month, I come across a strange network issue. My HP Multi-Function Printer is connected to my home network, as well as my HP Pavilion desktop PC running Windows 10. Every so often the printer is shown on my PC as "Offline". It isn't. What a hiccup does is change the IP address of the printer by adding 1 to the final IP address number. I can go into add a printer and then add a new printer with the system or printer-changed new IP address. Is this common and is there a fix for this?

:)

Handy Dan, Mar 21, 2020
  2. jackin Win User

Unable to add network printer HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP on Windows 10 PC.

Issue: Unable to add network printer HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP on Windows 10

Laptop ThinkPad T480 OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro X64
    Printer: HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP

Steps i have taken to resolve issue:

Network settings are:

Printer IP address: 172.29.235.46

PC IP settings:
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.29.232.19
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.240.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.29.232.10

Both laptop and printer connected to same open WiFi network.

Neither Windows nor HP installation will detect printer over the network automatically.

I tried adding it using printer's IP address: 172.29.235.46, no good.

Checked if two devices are on same network.
    Range of network: 172.29.224.1 - 172.29.239.254
    PC and Printer IP's are on the same network, however, ping fails:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 172.29.235.46
    Pinging 172.29.235.46 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 172.29.232.19: Destination host unreachable.

Cannot ping default gateway either:

C:\Users\XYZ>ping 172.29.232.10
    Pinging 172.29.232.10 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.

I'm connected to internet & browse the internet normally.
    Network discovery, file and printer sharing is turned on.

1. How to figure out what might be causing it?
    2. As per my knowledge if two devices are on same network they should have no problem talking.
    3. Could any please advise next steps? TY

jackin, Mar 21, 2020
  3. cannot print on network printer HP P1606DN

We can try the following ways to troubleshoot or resolve the issue:

First check the IP address of the printer? If it is consistent with the IP address we pinged?

1. If it is an IP address automatically assigned by the DHCP Server, this IP address may change. If it is not consistent with the IP address we pinged, the IP address of the printer is changed, we need to change the IP address of the network printer.
    2. If it is consistent with the IP address we pinged. Then we turn off the network printer and ping its IP address, it should be not ping normally. If we can ping its IP address, it means that other devices on the network are using this IP address.Then we need to view the real IP of the network printer.
    3. All of the above checks, after determining the IP address of the printer, and we can ping this IP address. If we still can't print now, delete the printer on our computer and re-add this network printer according to the printer's instructions.

We also need to go to the HP official website to download the printer driver of this model, and then install the network printer.

How to change IP address of printer

Step one:Installing wired network driver

Method 1:

The HP Smart Install driver, only Windows system supports this type of installation.
    Check the IP Address on the configuration page. On the computer to install the product, open the Web browser. In the browser's address line, type the IP address of the product.
    Click the tag of HP Smart Install, and then click the Download button.Run the downloaded driver and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.

Method 2:

Use random CD to install driver.Insert the software installation CD into the computer CD driver.If the installation program is not automatically opened, please browse the contents of CD SETUP.EXE and run the file. Set up products and install software according to the instructions on the screen.

Note: ensure that when prompted, select "configure to print through the network".

Step two: configure the network settings

Use the embedded Web server to view or change the configuration settings of IP.
    The specific steps are as follows: look at the configuration page and find the address IP. If you use IPv4, then the IP address contains only numbers.The format is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx . If you use IPv6, then the IP address is a combination of sixteen character characters and numbers. Its format is similar to: xxxx:: xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx .
    To open the embedded Web server, type product IP address in the Web browser address line. Click Networking or other tabs to get network information. You can change the settings as required.

Daisy Zhou, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Unable to find printer IP Address

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Here are the few settings that you can try to find the IP address of the printer that are connected on the same network.

Method 1:

1. Search for CMD on the start menu, right click on CMD and run it as administrator.
    2. Type in arp –a on the command prompt and hit enter.
    3. You will find list of all the IP connected to the system.
    4. Look for the dynamic IP address.
    5. Copy and paste the IP on your browser, and the IP that opens your Printer setup page will be the IP for the printer.

Method 2:

1. You can try to ping the printer name, by typing
      ping <printer name> on the command prompt that will give you the printer IP address.
    2. You can also refer to this
      suggestion
      posted by BulldogXX on January 13.
    3. Check for the Canon IJ Network Tool from the post above, as you have mention you are using Canon printer.

You can type in ipconfig and find your Ethernet adapter IP address, if the printers are on wired network, and if the printer IP address has the same network address as your Ethernet network address then the printer
    is in wired network, and same goes for the Wireless network.

You can also compare the SSID of the WIFI and the SSID of the printer, if the SSID matched then the printer is on WIFI network, same goes for the Ethernet connection.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post more information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Unwanted/not requested IP Address changes on network-connected HP MFP Printer. - Similar Threads - Unwanted requested Address

2. Printer IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer IP address: Hp printer ip address changed suddenly. How to reset it to my laptop ip address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ip-address/e0c4af31-bee2-4b80-8979-44d88eaeb60a
  3. Printer IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer IP address: Hp printer ip address changed suddenly. How to reset it to my laptop ip address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ip-address/e0c4af31-bee2-4b80-8979-44d88eaeb60a
  4. Changing printer IP address under Azure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing printer IP address under Azure: Our company requires Azure. When installing Canon MF644cdw printer, I get message "insufficient privileges" - apparently the Azure admin privileges are not sufficient. So, I download the driver, do "Add printer", and eventually printer gets installed but it appears to me...
  5. Trying to change my Printer IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to change my Printer IP address: 1. We have a new router and I'm trying to locate my the new IP address on my computer in order to change the IP address on my wireless printer. I have a Dell PC and operating system: windows 10 which has been updated Printer information: EPSON47D6C8 WF-3640 Series...
  6. printer ip address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer ip address: iv gone to the control , did right click still nothing. think maybe I should update my windows. would that help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-ip-address/fa33bdee-8ee0-4b97-afed-2526ea67571f
  7. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  8. IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    IP Addresses - Unwanted Remote Access: I talked to Microsoft on an issue and told them I used a wireless connection on one of my two computers. One computer uses Vista (wireless) and the other Windows 10 (through a router). Microsoft said my issue could have been caused by someone remotely accessing my computer....
  9. microsoft account & IP address request

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft account & IP address request: Received phone call with my phone number displayed stating that my Microsoft account & IP address had been hacked in several countries and that I had to stay on the line and have my IP address changed for security reasons. They have called several time in the last 3 hours....
  10. OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    OpenVPN connecting but not changing IP address: Apologies in advance... total novice here. Running windows 10 and using OpenVPN Connect. I used OpenVPN Connect a few weeks ago with no problem whatsoever. However, today when I log in it states that I'm "connected" VPN, yet when I click "go to" within OpenVPN I can see it...