Windows 10: Unwanted overlay interfering with Start menu/Taskbar autohide

Discus and support Unwanted overlay interfering with Start menu/Taskbar autohide in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I open a certain program called Hitfilm Express, a couple of icons appear (microphone and refresh?) which didn't used to be there and there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by THX1138, Jul 24, 2017.

1. THX1138 Win User

Unwanted overlay interfering with Start menu/Taskbar autohide

When I open a certain program called Hitfilm Express, a couple of icons appear (microphone and refresh?) which didn't used to be there and there are preventing the Start menu and Taskbar responding whilst I'm using the program. Does anyone recognise the overlay or know how I can identify and destroy it?

Unwanted overlay interfering with Start menu/Taskbar autohide [​IMG]

:)

THX1138, Jul 24, 2017

2. TaskBar Malfunctioning (AutoHide as well as Task Bar Menu deficiencies)

My Windows 10 Taskbar does not consistently autohide. It will autohide for a while and then stops. Also, the taskbar will not hide behind programs like MS Word when I am typing. I need to see the bottom of the screen and the taskbar blocks my view. When
    I go into the Taskbar Properties and Start Menu to again autohide the taskbar, none of the changes I click (like move taskbar) will work, and it still shows the autohide taskbar box with a checkmark. The only solution is to re-boot until the next time the
    malfunction occurs.

Please help.

Jeremy

Rockyshores2, Jul 24, 2017
  3. ZenBalancer, Jul 24, 2017
  4. THX1138 Win User

It was from the Nvidia GeForce Experience application. It's been vanquished.

THX1138, Jul 24, 2017
Thema:

1. Unwanted overlay interfering with Start menu/Taskbar autohide - Similar Threads - Unwanted overlay interfering

2. Why no taskbar autohide?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why no taskbar autohide?: My machine was updated to 1903 the other day and now my taskbar won't auto-hide (yes I've checked the settings). This is especially annoying because I work on a relatively small screen and the task bar is covering the bottom of the program windows. What's the secret to...
  3. Start Menu and Taskbar customization

Start Menu and Taskbar customization: Hi everyone, Does anyone have recommendations on how to customize the start menu and taskbar for a deployment image? I've tried customizing the start menu and taskbar, then exporting the configuration into a XML, but the start menu appears in two columns when I want it half...
  4. Start menu overlay

Start menu overlay: I have been having a translucent overlay over my start menu whenever I open it for the first time. I can close it then open it again to make it go away. I am also unable to type to search with the start menu....
  5. Bright start menu and taskbar

Bright start menu and taskbar: I've just upgraded to win 10. Is there a way to make the taskbar and startmenu light gray and low contrast? I enabled "Show color on..." and added my own light grays to the palette with WinAeroTweaker. The chosen colors show up in window title bars but have no effect on...
  6. build 10074 start menu interfering with games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    build 10074 start menu interfering with games: this is a clean installing using nvidia 352.64 drivers with nvidia 780 card and intel 3700k with 32gb mem. every time I start a game, the start menu open causing the game to go to the desktop. I try to get back into the games but the start menu opens again causing the...
  7. Taskbar Autohide issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Autohide issues: So.. Ive made sure that auto hide is checked .. and looked through some of the other common things named in alot of forums.. but simply turning auto hide off isnt an option for me cus i run my task bar on the left edge of my screen rather than the bottom. plz help.. its...
  8. Changing the trigger distance for autohide taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing the trigger distance for autohide taskbar: Is it possible at all to change this? I have my taskbars on the inside edges of my two monitors, but when I try and bring up the taskbar it requires me to almost have the mouse on the other screen before it will unhide. 8120
  9. Autohide taskbar after X seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Autohide taskbar after X seconds: Hello, Just wanted to know whether it was possible to auto hide the Win10 taskbar after X number of seconds or minutes? Does anyone know how to do this? Cheers! 78321
  10. Remove line when autohide taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove line when autohide taskbar?: I have my taskbar on autohide, but when it is hidden, I can still see a small line of the taskbar. Can I make the taskbar hide itself completely? Also, the taskbar pops up when I move my mouse near. Can I disable that as well (so that taskbar pops up only when I press the...