Windows 10: Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App)

Discus and support Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've done extensive searching for a solution. It seems everyone that has experienced this problem has found a solution; but nothing I have tried works.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Shane Gorman, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App)

I've done extensive searching for a solution. It seems everyone that has experienced this problem has found a solution; but nothing I have tried works. My Gallery is littered with unwanted Xbox .png files, OneNote .png files, Skype .png files, Microsoft .png files, etc....

I will tell you that I know for a fact it was my fault and they are not there for any unknown reason. By accident I imported everything from my external hard drive into this APP. It imported 27000 pictures. Little did I know that most of these pictures I imported were complete nuisances!

Within the App I have tried Settings>Sources> and so far I have only four items in the list: C:\Users\User\Pictures, D:\PLAYA\My Photos\IPHONE PICS\2019, C:\Users\User\OneDrive\Pictures, and C:\Users\User\Pictures\Our Time With German Girls. These are the four items in Sources. I have gone to each of these items File Explorer locations and made sure they contained only the photos I desire to be in the App.

I have Updated my: Windows Update (Last Checked: Today, 5:10 PM) and restarted my computer.

Yes, I can Right-Click a single, unwanted, item and reveal it's File Location; but I cannot delete them. Not only because I'm receiving a "File Access Denied" message, which gives me two options: 1) Try Again and 2) Cancel … but also, because I don't want to delete these items permanently in case they serve a purpose. I simply don't want to see them in this Photo App.

What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? Is there something I haven't tried? Is there something I don't know?

If I cannot find a solution to this problem the easy way. Is there a way I can wipe the App clean and just start my collection all over again? I don't have a problem with that. I do have all my wanted pictures and photos backed up on my external hard drive; but it would be nice if this issue could be resolved the easy way.

PS. I also read somewhere that Windows Live Essentials could be updated or changed to potentially resolve this problem, but I cannot find Windows Live Essentials in my Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features list. Is that why I'm having this issue?

:)

Shane Gorman, Sep 9, 2019
  2. SahilManiar, Sep 9, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App)

Why do my photos show up in the microsoft app but not in my pictures folder?

Hi Cindy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "microsoft app", are you referring to photos app?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to check the source file for photos app and also copy the picture from external device.

Step 1: I recommend you check the source file settings in the photos app settings and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Click on Settings on the bottom left corner of the Photos app.

4. Then check if under Sources, pictures directory is present or not.

Step 2: I suggest you to directly copy and paste the picture from the external device into the computer.

Please get back to us with an update on issue displaying pictures imported in the photos app into picture folder, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App)

1. Unwanted pictures in Photos (Trusted Microsoft Store App) - Similar Threads - Unwanted pictures Photos

2. Trusted Microsoft Apps quitting on start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted Microsoft Apps quitting on start: All Trusted Microsoft Apps except for Netflix suddenly began crashing a few seconds after launch. These are apps like mail, calendar, photos, Minecraft win10 and others. I have tried many things. sfc /scannow resulted in corrupt files that were unable to fix. dism...
  3. Daily Picture app from Microsoft Store

Daily Picture app from Microsoft Store: All of a sudden yesterday my Daily Picture app from the Microsoft store no longer downloads the daily Bing picture. I'm having the problem on both my desktop & laptop, running Windows 10. I've tried uninstall/reinstall, updating and running the troubleshooter, and using...
  4. adding picture folders to the Photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding picture folders to the Photo app: I have a few thousand pictures on my laptop that are in 75 folders under the Pictures folder. I want to copy/move all to the Photos app. and have the individual folders become albums in Photos. How can I accomplish this without loading 75 different folders?...
  5. People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store

People tags in Microsoft Photo app from Store: If I tag people in the Microsoft Photo app from Store. the tags are computer specific. They don't get written into the files EXIF data. So if you use that same photo on other devices (or just put it on onedrive and use it on mutliple pc's), all the tags are lost. How can we...
  6. Microsoft store apps missing text and pictures

Microsoft store apps missing text and pictures: [ATTACH] it is this for almost every MS apps. Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-apps-missing-text-and-pictures/00e8ced0-0ffe-47b2-b9f6-e5090f8106e8
  7. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App: The initial issue I was having was that my photos app was not working and most windows app icons didn't show at all. They were just blank blue color and the photos app would not even launch. The fact that the app wouldn't even work at all told me something was up, so after...
  8. Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reinstalling Microsoft Store and Windows Photos App: The initial issue I was having was that my photos app was not working and most windows app icons didn't show at all. They were just blank blue color and the photos app would not even launch. The fact that the app wouldn't even work at all told me something was up, so after...
  9. App store and Photo app annoying

App store and Photo app annoying: Basically I have a problem... Every time I leave my computer for more than 5 minutes the App Store and Photo app opens. It is bugging me as it minimizes games I am in. I then just right click and exit. Any ideas on how to prevent this? 17180
  10. Unwanted photo album

Unwanted photo album: My wife has a Win7 desktop machine that she uses for stuff brought home from work, but also keeps a collection of photos that she posts to Facebook, etc. Rather than let her deal with any fallout from an automatic Win10 upgrade While I wasn't around, I did it manually...