Windows 10: unwanted pop up menus

Discus and support unwanted pop up menus in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; because of my disability I am consistently dragging across a window. this results in menus popping up often in the place that I am trying to work. how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jalea148, Jul 9, 2019.

1. jalea148 Win User

unwanted pop up menus

because of my disability I am consistently dragging across a window. this results in menus popping up often in the place that I am trying to work. how do I stop these menus?
    BTW, it might not make any difference in the solution but I am running Windows 10 on an ASUS Gamer..

:)

jalea148, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 9, 2019
  3. unwanted pop up

Hi bilwilli .

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

The following steps are valid for blocking pop-up pages in Microsoft Edge:

> Click on the ellipses and select Settings.

> At the end of the list select advanced settings.

> The option called Block pop-up windows will appear.

I hope this information is helpful.

DouglasMillar69, Jul 9, 2019
  4. Glymac Win User

unwanted pop up menus

Adware and unwanted pop-ups

I am continually under attach with ADWARE and unwanted pop-ups - and this occurs even though I have set the security preferences to avoid these issues.

Maybe you can guide me to "correct settings" of suggest an alternative

<Modified Title to read adware and unwanted pop-ups. Original Title: Internet Properties - Security settings ->

Glymac, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

unwanted pop up menus

1. unwanted pop up menus - Similar Threads - unwanted pop menus

2. Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop: As you can see by the below image, an unwanted pop up occurs on my desktop occasionally. Does any one else experience this? Where does it come from and how do I stop it? [img] 136590
  3. After installing a new patch on windows 10 - pop up menus not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    After installing a new patch on windows 10 - pop up menus not working: After installing a new patch on windows 10 - pop up menus not working Can you please provide an solution or workaround for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-installing-a-new-patch-on-windows-10-pop-up/74528599-6e83-4c21-978b-ce645ad0e2b2
  4. unwanted pop up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unwanted pop up: How do I get ride of this. Every time I start my computer this pops up.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-up/7f001aee-234a-4546-bc43-e39be9b8fe33"
  5. unwanted screen message that pops up, Spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unwanted screen message that pops up, Spam?: Every so often the message "your Icloud settings are out of date" I called Apple and they said "Not so" How can I get the message to stop popping up?...
  6. UNWANTED POP UP ADS

UNWANTED POP UP ADS: [ATTACH]THESE KEEP APPEARING ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF MY SCREEN. I WANT TO REMOVE THEM. HELP PLEASE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-up-ads/42e35d84-d35a-46b0-88e7-76a1dffbf474
  7. text in file explorer powerpoint pop-up menus is corrupted unreadable

text in file explorer powerpoint pop-up menus is corrupted unreadable: Text in Windows 10 File Explorer, PowerPoint 365, and in pop-up menus are corrupted and unreadable. This screen shot is from PowerPoint 365. Note both the text on the slide and the pop-up menu. [ATTACH] This screen shot is from File Explorer. Notice the missing file...
  8. How to stop unwanted apps from popping up on Windows 10?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop unwanted apps from popping up on Windows 10?: I don't know why, but unwanted ads from some apps (I did not download them) keep popping up from the right side of the screen. I can't even control it on Settings. Please help me. Thanks. P.S. I am using Windows 10....
  9. pop ups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pop ups: Howto stop all the pop ups when on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/pop-ups/a38e76cf-9e35-4950-b446-6535a51ea907
  10. An unwanted ng toolbar has popped up in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    An unwanted ng toolbar has popped up in Edge: Hello! This morning I've noticed that there's a problem with my Edge. Some unwanted Bing toolbar has popped up. It looks like this: [img] I haven't installed anything so I scanned my PC with AdWare cleaner, Malwarebytes and Avira. There were no threats. I also looked...