Windows 10: Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop

Discus and support Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As you can see by the below image, an unwanted pop up occurs on my desktop occasionally. Does any one else experience this? Where does it come from and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RichardC, Jul 14, 2019.

1. RichardC Win User

Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop

As you can see by the below image, an unwanted pop up occurs on my desktop occasionally. Does any one else experience this? Where does it come from and how do I stop it?

Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop [​IMG]

:)

RichardC, Jul 14, 2019
  2. Donna Men Win User

annoying desktop pop ups

Hi Sheena,

Pop ups can be distracting for some, and depending on your reference, you can disable the desktop pop ups by following these steps:

• Click Start or the Windows logo and go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Go to System and choose Notification & actions.
    • Under Notifications, turn off Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows or whatever you want to turn off.
    • Close the window and it will automatically save the changes.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Donna Men, Jul 14, 2019
  3. unwanted pop up

Hi bilwilli .

My name is Douglas and I am an Independent Advisor.

I would like to help you.

The following steps are valid for blocking pop-up pages in Microsoft Edge:

> Click on the ellipses and select Settings.

> At the end of the list select advanced settings.

> The option called Block pop-up windows will appear.

I hope this information is helpful.

DouglasMillar69, Jul 14, 2019
  4. Glymac Win User

Adware and unwanted pop-ups

I am continually under attach with ADWARE and unwanted pop-ups - and this occurs even though I have set the security preferences to avoid these issues.

Maybe you can guide me to "correct settings" of suggest an alternative

<Modified Title to read adware and unwanted pop-ups. Original Title: Internet Properties - Security settings ->

Glymac, Jul 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Unwanted Pop Up on Desktop - Similar Threads - Unwanted Pop Desktop

2. Unwanted pop ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted pop ups?: When you visit a website, and something unwanted pops up. Should one then leave the website by pressing X at the very top of the right corner, or just press away x what pops up? Often when you try to click away X what pops up, you still get to another/unwanted website.What...
  3. Unwanted pop ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted pop ups?: When you visit a website, and something unwanted pops up. Should one then leave the website by pressing X at the very top of the right corner, or just press away x what pops up? Often when you try to click away X what pops up, you still get to another/unwanted website.What...
  4. Unwanted pop ups?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unwanted pop-ups

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unwanted pop-ups: How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-ups/1742328f-7133-4745-a0dc-e0556c5e7215
  6. Unwanted pop-ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted pop-ups: How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-ups/1742328f-7133-4745-a0dc-e0556c5e7215
  7. Unwanted pop-ups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unwanted CMD pop-ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted CMD pop-ups: Hello,I recently started getting random cmd pop-ups. Cmd window pops up for just a second and I saw that it's name is wdrrabu and found it CLR_v4.0_32 folder. How can I stop these pop-ups because if I try to play a game in fullscreen then the game minimizes....
  9. unwanted pop up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unwanted pop up: How do I get ride of this. Every time I start my computer this pops up.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-up/7f001aee-234a-4546-bc43-e39be9b8fe33"
  10. UNWANTED POP UP ADS

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNWANTED POP UP ADS: [ATTACH]THESE KEEP APPEARING ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT OF MY SCREEN. I WANT TO REMOVE THEM. HELP PLEASE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-up-ads/42e35d84-d35a-46b0-88e7-76a1dffbf474