Windows 10: Unwanted Possible System Restore

Discus and support Unwanted Possible System Restore in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; When I logged in today my system it took longer to load than usual and then the start screen looks like I just started with W10. I lost all favs and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by enigma1944, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Unwanted Possible System Restore

When I logged in today my system it took longer to load than usual and then the start screen looks like I just started with W10. I lost all favs and picked up this movable blue image on the right side of the monitor. This image has a percentage number inside and a search button outside.

This AIO desktop came preloaded with W10 and was initialized in Nov 16. Any Ideas appreciated

Thanks

:)

enigma1944, Jan 18, 2017

2. i don't know what this folder is.... Any answer will be helpful. Thanks

Hi,

System protection is a feature that allows you to undo unwanted system changes by being able to do a System Restore. The image folder is the system image on your computer. Incorrect modification of the image may result in damaging the system files on your computer.
    We recommend not configuring it to avoid possible issues.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jan 18, 2017
  3. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 18, 2017
  4. Win10Pro Win User

Unwanted Possible System Restore

Would it be a problem for you to add a screenshot of your desktop?
    Maybe a hidden tuning app reappeared all of a sudden and caused all this mess.

Win10Pro, Jan 18, 2017
Thema:

Unwanted Possible System Restore

1. Unwanted Possible System Restore - Similar Threads - Unwanted Possible System

2. Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?: I have an SSD drive that has Win 10 that got so corrupted I am not able to boot into Recovery mode. Even a system repair disk does not work. It always goes into Automatic Repair and stays there forever. I've removed the SSD from the latop it was in and the drive passes all...
  3. Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?: I have an SSD drive that has Win 10 that got so corrupted I am not able to boot into Recovery mode. Even a system repair disk does not work. It always goes into Automatic Repair and stays there forever. I've removed the SSD from the latop it was in and the drive passes all...
  4. Is it possible to restore a system image to an external drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?

Is it possible to create and restore a backup without a system image?: I have wasted a week trying to backup my computer because I've been warned the hard drive will fail. Every time I get to 97% - which takes a day - it stalls. I have run chkdsk - also one day - and found some problems. I have a feeling each time I run it and each time I...
  6. Unwanted Icons in System Tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted Icons in System Tray: My system tray is populated with a couple of icons that appear to serve no purpose but to annoy me and crowd out the display. See image below: [ATTACH] The icons, highlighted in yellow, a padlock and the number 9 have no discernable feature and do-not display a menu or...
  7. Possible Unwanted file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Unwanted file: Heyo, Norton just detected a .bin file in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0_32\UsageLogs It's apparently some sort of Trojan but norton has also detected some legit files as trojans before so I thought I'd ask The file's called "6K6AY.bin" and it reads:...
  8. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

"Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?: Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system. Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903, Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past. Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP...
  9. "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Downgrade" to "lower" Win10 version by System Restore possible?: Assume I created a SRP on a Win10 v1803 system. Later I was upgraded by automatic updates to Win10 v1903, Then after some problems in the following weeks I decided to do a System restore to the SRP I created in the past. Is this possible? Or are (in general) only SRP...
  10. Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug)

Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug): Hello, First of all i am a long time Microsoft/windows fan (YES i still have my windows 10 mobile device in active use). I have long supported MS desisions and defended them where i could, but this is getting out of hand! tl;dr My PC just restarted, quite normal you say?...