Windows 10: Unwanted programs starting (no Task Manager)

Discus and support Unwanted programs starting (no Task Manager) in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Whenever I start Windows 10, early on in the boot cycle I get a Firefox Window. As the system continues to initialize the Firefox window slowly come to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RoyBarkas, Dec 10, 2015.

1. RoyBarkas Win User

Unwanted programs starting (no Task Manager)

Whenever I start Windows 10, early on in the boot cycle I get a Firefox Window. As the system continues to initialize the Firefox window slowly come to life, though sometimes not fully.

I've checked all the obvious places, Task Manager, c;\users\user_name\AppData\Roaming

I must have put this in for some reason but can't think of why / how.

I want to get rid of it.
    How to do so?

:)

RoyBarkas, Dec 10, 2015

2. Windows 10: 100% disk utilization in the Task Manger after Start up.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode and also disable the unwanted programs in the startup.

Method 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue is occurring in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the issue still persist, refer to the below method.

Method 2: I recommend you to disable startup programs through task manager and check if it help in system performance.

1. Right-click on Taskbar.

2. Then select Task Manager.

3. In the taskbar Window, click the Startup tab and check for the list of programs that are enabled to start during startup.

4. Then try to stop the unwanted program from running, right-click on the program and choose
    Disable.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with
    high hard disk usage in the task manager with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 10, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    c drive getting filled up automatically

Hi Avinash, generally removing items from your Startup will improve system performance . . .

Please Note, do not remove any item you do not recognise . . .

Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager

Click on the Startup Tab

See if are unwanted programs is listed there

If it is, select it and click 'Disable'

Close Task Manager

Click your Start Button, type msconfig and hit Enter

When the System Configuration dialog opens, click on the Services Tab

Check the box marked 'Hide Microsoft Services'

In the remaining lSee if are unwanted programs is listed there , uncheck any you find

Click Apply and OK

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Privacy - scroll to the bottom of that and click 'Background Apps - turn off all those

Restart your System

DaveM121, Dec 10, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

Hi.
    There are a couple of ways to look for these things. Try opening Task Manager and look in the Startup Tab. If you don't find what you're looking for, sometimes it's a task that you can find easily in Ccleaner free. Also, it sounds like Forefox may need to be reset.

Unwanted programs starting (no Task Manager) [​IMG]

simrick, Dec 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Unwanted programs starting (no Task Manager) - Similar Threads - Unwanted programs starting

2. program running when windows starts but not show in task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    program running when windows starts but not show in task manager: Hi, my English is not really good but I was wondering. I got my pc 3 months ago with windows 10 until today everything seems fine but there is some program that runs every time when windows start but it did not show in task manager in the startup section. I tried to find the...
  3. "Start" task in task-manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Start" task in task-manager: I want to ask if this task in the task-manager runs a malicious .exe file. File path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Start\MenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe I read on the Internet that this is either safe or evil and I don't know if I...
  4. End unwanted process permanently in task manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    End unwanted process permanently in task manager.: From what i can see in task manager, many unwanted process are running in the background which is making my pc slow. Even when I stopped or end the process, it appears again after some time or when pc is restarted. Can somebody tell me how to permanently remove unwanted...
  5. unwanted program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unwanted program: can't uninstall segurazo antivirus. do not know where it came from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-program/78587875-7014-489c-bc73-eff95598fed5
  6. Unwanted program

Unwanted program: How do I get rid of Microsoft Teams on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-program/96d1f953-2c45-42a3-8d01-6d757de5ca93
  7. unwanted program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unwanted program: Recently I've been logging in to Google Chrome email and from that into Outlook. Next, when I hit new tab it no longer opens the Google Chrome email home page. Instead, it opens a search page and won't get off it unless I completely exit from Google or restart the whole...
  8. Task Manager / Start-up / anonymous "Program" listed

Task Manager / Start-up / anonymous "Program" listed: Hi - there are two "Program" entries listed in my Start-up list (Task Manager) that I can't resolve. (see images) When I right-button click on them everything is greyed out except the ability to enable/disable and search online. I can't open file location or properties....
  9. Unable to open Start Menu, any Programs or Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to open Start Menu, any Programs or Task Manager: The other day my computer was refusing to open some pop-up windows in Google Chrome so I restarted it. It hung in the restart window with the spinning circle for a significant period of time so I was forced to shut down. Upon restarting, I get to my desktop and my cursor...
  10. Start Menu, Task Manager, Programs wont launch

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu, Task Manager, Programs wont launch: Hey all - After about 15-20 minutes of use my computer starts acting strangely. The Start Menu, Task Manager, and Programs wont launch, nothing works. If I have something open (Game/Browser/Whatever) whatever is open continues to function just fine. The computer wont restart...