Windows 10: Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off?

Discus and support Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a repeating periodic xylophone type sound that my computer keeps making. It's annoying and I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Epeorusjim, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off?

I have a repeating periodic xylophone type sound that my computer keeps making. It's annoying and I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. It doesn't seem to be associated with any particular program. The "Adjust System Volume" has the speakers on (so I can listen to music or videos) but the system sounds are turned off. Notifications are turned of. System sounds are set to "none". Any ideas?

:)

Epeorusjim, Feb 17, 2017

2. why notification sounds changes when phone is on a tilted surface?

I got a Lumia 920.

When I leave the phone resting on a tilted surface (or wherever it lays in a not horizontal position), the notifications sounds are added with a second sound that is like xylophone arpeggio or something like that. When I pick up the phone, it gets its
    usual notifications sounds.

It is a repeatable behavior but I wasn't able to find an explanation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

cmsalvatore, Feb 17, 2017
  3. A turn-on sound in new N-Gage

I've been hunting for an option too, to no avail. I've got the games on mute for the bus and still there's this rampaging xylophone sound jumping out at me.

sockatume---01, Feb 17, 2017
  4. CountMike New Member

Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off?

Could be some malware, I don't recall any such system sounds.

CountMike, Feb 17, 2017
  5. After some trial and error, I figured out it was one of the programs. ITunes isn't playing well with my system. I now use the windows music app "Groove Music". No problems and it sounds better?

Epeorusjim, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off?

1. Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off? - Similar Threads - Unwanted repeating xylophone

2. PC turns on and off repeatedly but No display

in Windows 10 News
    PC turns on and off repeatedly but No display: [IMG]If your Windows PC turns on and off repeatedly but shows no display, the solutions provided in this article will help you. Such types of issues usually occur due to hardware faults. The fault may also be with the power supply. What does it mean when my PC turns on and...
  3. How to turn off Spacebar sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Spacebar sound?: Hello,I have a HP Pavilion and sometime last week my spacebar key started making a beeping noise whenever I press it. The noise disappears when I have my sound turned off but, I don't like having to resort to that. I don't have sticky keys on and I've disabled them just to...
  4. How to turn off Spacebar sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Spacebar sound?: Hello,I have a HP Pavilion and sometime last week my spacebar key started making a beeping noise whenever I press it. The noise disappears when I have my sound turned off but, I don't like having to resort to that. I don't have sticky keys on and I've disabled them just to...
  5. Laptop repeatedly turns off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop repeatedly turns off: My laptop and several work ones turn off whilst typing. Continually happens, fully charged and not overheating. Microsoft help complete waste of time, anybody have any ideas?...
  6. How to turn off sound in Excel?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    How to turn off sound in Excel?: I want to turn off sounds when I do things like entering data into or right-clicking a cell in Excel (Windows 10 v. 1909, Office 16). In Excel Options, under "Ease of Access" I turned off "Provide feedback with sound". Didn't help. Under Windows > Settings > "Notifications &...
  7. Laptop turning on and off repeatedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop turning on and off repeatedly: So after trying to reboot my laptop it started turning on and off repeatedly how do I stop this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turning-on-and-off-repeatedly/ccee4664-e112-48b4-84b1-d7dc59b470c4
  8. How to Turn Sound Off in Microsoft Jigsaw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Turn Sound Off in Microsoft Jigsaw: Does anyone know how to turn off sound effects and music in Microsoft Jigsaw? The only place I see the option is after you begin playing a Classic Jigsaw. I want it off for all puzzles, including Daily Challenges. Thanks!...
  9. How to turn off notification sound ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to turn off notification sound ?: How to turn off notification "audio" sound heard when update pop up window appears lower right screen as defender is updated done a scan it gives this piano type music I would like to disable. Anyone disabled this and how to do it ? Thanks! 79957
  10. how to turn off random Bling sound

in Windows 10 Support
    how to turn off random Bling sound: every now and then, my wife's laptop makes a short sharp "Bling!" sound. It is becoming annoying. It is not related to the arrival of any incoming email, nor to any outstanding update. We had two quite days over the weekend, now it started again. Once every 10-20 or 30...