Windows 10: unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard.

Discus and support unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am working with a few different colour profiles for various ambient light conditions. I made them with calibrating software and the are listed in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Erik van den Boom, Dec 23, 2018.

1. unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard.

I am working with a few different colour profiles for various ambient light conditions. I made them with calibrating software and the are listed in the display settings. When I change to another profile, all is fine. A next change (whether that is a changing to another or changing bach to the same), Windows resets to uncalibrated.

Also a change in resolution settings causes the reset to uncalibrated. I'd say that is a bug, or am I missing something?

:)

Erik van den Boom, Dec 23, 2018

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, Dec 23, 2018
  3. Colour profile app

Hello Rommel,

after the hard reset the situation is better with the battery options but the problem with Colour profile App is still there. It wouldn't get updated or work.

mohammedbelkhair, Dec 23, 2018
  4. kormath Win User

unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard.

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard. :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard.

1. unwanted resetting of colour profiles to standard. - Similar Threads - unwanted resetting colour

2. Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working: Yesterday, while in the midst of typing, my PC did a little hiccup and suddenly the screen lost all colour, becoming black and white. I have tried all the suggestions found on google e.g., Window+ Cntrl +C; settings -ease of access; settings-personalisation, turn off and on,...
  3. Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working: Yesterday, while in the midst of typing, my PC did a little hiccup and suddenly the screen lost all colour, becoming black and white. I have tried all the suggestions found on google e.g., Window+ Cntrl +C; settings -ease of access; settings-personalisation, turn off and on,...
  4. Loss of colour display and standard solutions not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. reset colours to default

reset colours to default: How can I restore my colours to default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reset-colours-to-default/cf585063-c252-4cba-b329-54e8e53db926
  6. How do I reset my pc with a standard user profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I reset my pc with a standard user profile?: So I accidentally made my profile into a standard user with netplwiz and now there is no admin account. Is there a way to reset my pc so it would start like it's brand new or maybe restore my user account into an admin? submitted by /u/pyromainwm1 [link] [comments]...
  7. Colour profiles not loading at restart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Colour profiles not loading at restart: Every time I restart my computer, the colour settings reset, making me having to apply thecthe profile in colour management every tike I restart my pc. Anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  8. Clone Admin profile to standard profile???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Clone Admin profile to standard profile???: I have been using my admin profile daily. I want to make a standard user account for myself (for online safety issues). I now have two accounts - both are currently admin user accounts I logged into the newer admin one and EVERYTHING was so different. I want to clone my...
  9. Windows colour profile problems

Windows colour profile problems: I have 2 Win10 Pcs, both with the same model of Dell monitor. One is calibrated with the LUT in the monitor, and one with an ICC profile (defunct USB hub, so no access to the LUT) . Both PCs have the same wallpaper picture, one of mine. The wallpaper looked the same as the...
  10. ICC colour profiles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ICC colour profiles: I want to remove a yellowish tint from my laptop screen - LG Display LP173WF4-SPF5 I have added a few ICC profiles but the colours look exactly the same, is this possible with laptop screens or is it just for monitors?...