Windows 10: Unwanted site loading

Discus and support Unwanted site loading in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hope this is a good place to pose this question, forgive me if it is not, this is my first time in the Forum! Every time I load a site I am looking... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RogerManley, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Unwanted site loading

Hope this is a good place to pose this question, forgive me if it is not, this is my first time in the Forum!
    Every time I load a site I am looking for another site which I accessed several days ago also loads in the background. I clearly have activated some option but I can find no way to stop the unwanted site loading.

It is all quite harmless (it is a travel advice site which loads, unbidden).

Please advise how to stop this.

:)

RogerManley, Mar 29, 2016

2. How do I block unwanted emails in Windows 10?

How to block unwanted emails on mail site?

Pat Huntox, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Unwanted web sites; pages

Bruce, the TDSSKiller did not help. It did nof find any malware on the PC. However, Zeman Antimalware did locage several of them and cleaned them all.

Thanks for your assistance. It is appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Catalino Perez

CatalinoPerez, Mar 29, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Unwanted site loading

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you sure the site that loads is legitimate? Its quite common for rogues to masquerade as a legitimate site.

What browser are you using?

swarfega, Mar 29, 2016
  5. Thank you for showing interest.
    Yes, I am confident the unwanted site is legitimate. It is "Trip Advisor", the page which loads is about a hotel which I was researching. It is as if the site is saying ".....I will keep this page infront of you in case you want to come back and make a booking.....". It is not much of a problem, just a niggle that I keep having to delete:switch it off.

(You can probably tell I am not highly IT savvy!).

6. Sorry forgot to say I use "Firefox".

7. caperjack Win User
    I would try check In firefox settings and check the home page setting, maybe restore to defaults if that site is listed or just change the setting to another site

caperjack, Mar 29, 2016
  8. Fafhrd Win User

Unwanted site loading

Fafhrd, Mar 29, 2016
  9. Thanks for all the advice, it has helped me resolve the issue by resetting the defaults.

10. caperjack Win User
    that's great , happy computing ,

caperjack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted site loading

1. Unwanted site loading - Similar Threads - Unwanted site loading

2. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  3. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  4. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. sites not loading well

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sites not loading well: when i go to a site and it loads, the icon continues to circle for quite a while. This has not happened before.Everything is up to date and I have cleared ALL of my cache, cookies, browser history etc.Do you have a suggestion or possible explanation for why this is happening....
  6. why is this site not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is this site not loading: You don't have permission to access "http://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/login" on this server. Reference #18.17d8d217.1616625860.accebc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-site-not-loading/579146bc-cf6d-4b15-be19-27d5d6887424
  7. Unwanted web site

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unwanted web site: An unwanted website pops up on my pc almost whenever I am on line --How to get rid of it??? It's called Daily Motion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-web-site/357e98a6-5e1a-4ab3-9e7a-b786134f2f0f
  8. Unable to load certain sites

Unable to load certain sites: Help, I am using a Surface Pro and running windows 10. Using my home private wifi network, I can't access certain websites like YouTube, messenger, Netflix, and Reddit. Do these websites have something in common? I don't think my network is the problem because I can access...
  9. web site loading

web site loading: my children played with my desk top and for some reason facebook will not load properly. all other web pages load only facebook has this problem however, facebook works fine on my phone and Ipad?...
  10. Site won't Load

Site won't Load: I play on pogo.com and the site loaded and worked Friday afternoon however yesterday I keep getting this message signin.ea.com took too long to respond. I have clear cookies & cache, rebooted my rooter and nothing works. The game site says its a microsoft update problem...