Windows 10: Unwanted site loading

Discus and support Unwanted site loading in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hope this is a good place to pose this question, forgive me if it is not, this is my first time in the Forum! Every time I load a site I am looking... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RogerManley, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Unwanted site loading

Hope this is a good place to pose this question, forgive me if it is not, this is my first time in the Forum!
    Every time I load a site I am looking for another site which I accessed several days ago also loads in the background. I clearly have activated some option but I can find no way to stop the unwanted site loading.

It is all quite harmless (it is a travel advice site which loads, unbidden).

Please advise how to stop this.

:)

RogerManley, Mar 29, 2016

2. How do I block unwanted emails in Windows 10?

How to block unwanted emails on mail site?

Pat Huntox, Mar 29, 2016
  3. Unwanted web sites; pages

Bruce, the TDSSKiller did not help. It did nof find any malware on the PC. However, Zeman Antimalware did locage several of them and cleaned them all.

Thanks for your assistance. It is appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Catalino Perez

CatalinoPerez, Mar 29, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Unwanted site loading

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Are you sure the site that loads is legitimate? Its quite common for rogues to masquerade as a legitimate site.

What browser are you using?

swarfega, Mar 29, 2016
  5. Thank you for showing interest.
    Yes, I am confident the unwanted site is legitimate. It is "Trip Advisor", the page which loads is about a hotel which I was researching. It is as if the site is saying ".....I will keep this page infront of you in case you want to come back and make a booking.....". It is not much of a problem, just a niggle that I keep having to delete:switch it off.

(You can probably tell I am not highly IT savvy!).

6. Sorry forgot to say I use "Firefox".

7. caperjack Win User
    I would try check In firefox settings and check the home page setting, maybe restore to defaults if that site is listed or just change the setting to another site

caperjack, Mar 29, 2016
  8. Fafhrd Win User

Unwanted site loading

Fafhrd, Mar 29, 2016
  9. Thanks for all the advice, it has helped me resolve the issue by resetting the defaults.

10. caperjack Win User
    that's great , happy computing ,

caperjack, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted site loading

1. Unwanted site loading - Similar Threads - Unwanted site loading

2. Unable to load certain sites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to load certain sites: Help, I am using a Surface Pro and running windows 10. Using my home private wifi network, I can't access certain websites like YouTube, messenger, Netflix, and Reddit. Do these websites have something in common? I don't think my network is the problem because I can access...
  3. web site loading

web site loading: my children played with my desk top and for some reason facebook will not load properly. all other web pages load only facebook has this problem however, facebook works fine on my phone and Ipad?...
  4. Site won't Load

Site won't Load: I play on pogo.com and the site loaded and worked Friday afternoon however yesterday I keep getting this message signin.ea.com took too long to respond. I have clear cookies & cache, rebooted my rooter and nothing works. The game site says its a microsoft update problem...
  5. windows won't open to my site, keeps on loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows won't open to my site, keeps on loading: I am trying to edit my resume and when I click to edit resume windows just keeps trying to locate it and won't connect. show loading continously...
  6. One site (Pinterest) no longer loads in Edge but it will load in IE11.

in Browsers and Email
    One site (Pinterest) no longer loads in Edge but it will load in IE11.: OS: Windows 10 Pro v.1607 Suddenly Pinterest.com fails to load in Edge; a few pins appear but then the page freezes. This same Pinterest account works fine in IE on this same computer and also loads fine in Edge on other computers. Here is what I've tried without success:...
  7. Random sites and pages won't load (on all browsers)

in Browsers and Email
    Random sites and pages won't load (on all browsers): Hi, this happened two weeks ago. almost 30 percent of images on facebook will not load. some web sites or pages will not load, for example https://www.heroku.com. for this site I'm getting SSL connection error ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR in Chrome. I try http and I get a blank...
  8. Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally: I am having a terrible time trying to get google.com and my gmail hosted web-mail to load at a normal speed or to even load at all. I have tried both Edge and IE. I am trying to stick with these two to take full advantage of the new features in Edge. I am also having delayed...
  9. HTTPS sites loading slow in Firefox on Toshiba laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HTTPS sites loading slow in Firefox on Toshiba laptop: Hi all; I have an odd issue with Firefox & Windows 10, with accessing HTTPS websites. The sites are very very slow to load and others do not complete the load cycle. I've had this issue for months now. Just tried the newly released Firefox v50 ... same issues. Also...
  10. Some Sites and NO facebook games loading in any browser

Some Sites and NO facebook games loading in any browser: I have upgraded Windows 8 to Windows 10 on my laptop and I was able to access all the sites before the update. I know have defender and firewall disabled but no change. Some sites still not loading and none of the facebook games load at all. It says to check my network...