Windows 10: UNWANTED SMALL BLANK WHITE POP UPS AND VERY SLOW OPENING OF SOFTWARE AND FILES

Discus and support UNWANTED SMALL BLANK WHITE POP UPS AND VERY SLOW OPENING OF SOFTWARE AND FILES in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello! I'm having trouble with little white windows continually popping upon my desktop at different times, slow boot-up, very slow opening of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertChisholm3, Sep 11, 2020.

1. UNWANTED SMALL BLANK WHITE POP UPS AND VERY SLOW OPENING OF SOFTWARE AND FILES

Hello!

I'm having trouble with little white windows continually popping upon my desktop at different times, slow boot-up, very slow opening of software and very slow opening of individual files. But first, details of my computer and operating system:-

COMPUTER:

Acer Aspire ES1-531-C6FQ
    Mfg date: 2015/10/07
    Serial no.: NXMZ8AA00154109E586600

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows Product Key Information:
    Product Name: Windows 10 Home
    Version: 18362.1016 64-bit OS
    Product ID: 00325-80260-02800-AAOEM
    Installed Key: W8HWN-BWHXM-H9X2R-PQ6DH-2R393
    OEM Key: W8HWN-BWHXM-H9X2R-PQ6DH-2R393
    OEM Edition: Win 10 RTM Core OEMUNWANTED SMALL BLANK WHITE POP UPS AND VERY SLOW OPENING OF SOFTWARE AND FILES :DM

First of all, bootup is very slow with the "hourglass" icon displaying on the desktop continuously for about 90 sec., after the desktop first appears following startup of my computer.

Then after startup, multiple small while pop up screens appeared, accompanied by very slow opening about 2 mins. of a .png image file on the desktop, when opening it with MS Paint. An example of what was happening is shown in the screen shot below, captured in a .png file using the "print screen" command.

UNWANTED SMALL BLANK WHITE POP UPS AND VERY SLOW OPENING OF SOFTWARE AND FILES b603d457-bf49-4f62-87b0-f05591d9d2e6?upload=true.jpg

After that particular display appeared, many times a single small while pop up window would suddenly appear and then disappear after a fraction of a second.

Then I tried opening Google Chrome, and this took almost 1 min.

From reading elsewhere about problems comparable with the above, it appears that I might have a virus or malware problem.

What do you think could be causing this, and what should I do to fix it?

Robert T. Chisholm, Ottawa, Canada

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

RobertChisholm3, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

UNWANTED SMALL BLANK WHITE POP UPS AND VERY SLOW OPENING OF SOFTWARE AND FILES

1. UNWANTED SMALL BLANK WHITE POP UPS AND VERY SLOW OPENING OF SOFTWARE AND FILES - Similar Threads - UNWANTED SMALL BLANK

2. Unwanted pop ups?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted pop ups?: When you visit a website, and something unwanted pops up. Should one then leave the website by pressing X at the very top of the right corner, or just press away x what pops up? Often when you try to click away X what pops up, you still get to another/unwanted website.What...
  3. Unwanted pop ups?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwanted pop ups?: When you visit a website, and something unwanted pops up. Should one then leave the website by pressing X at the very top of the right corner, or just press away x what pops up? Often when you try to click away X what pops up, you still get to another/unwanted website.What...
  4. Unwanted pop ups?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Unwanted pop-ups

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unwanted pop-ups: How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-ups/1742328f-7133-4745-a0dc-e0556c5e7215
  6. Unwanted pop-ups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted pop-ups: How do I stop unwanted pop-ups from PC App Store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-ups/1742328f-7133-4745-a0dc-e0556c5e7215
  7. Unwanted pop-ups

8. Small White Box Keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small White Box Keeps popping up: A small white box keeps popping up on my screen after a windows update. I sought the helps of MS Tech who reinstalled the drivers of my graphics. After i restarted the problem is still there. It keeps popping up now and again and covers part of the screen. Kindly advise. It...
  9. Blank white pop up screen in Microsoft store

Blank white pop up screen in Microsoft store: when i try to download anything in the microsoft store I keep getting a pop up screen that says "please wait a moment" and the that pop up screen turns white and nothing happens....
  10. unwanted pop up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unwanted pop up: How do I get ride of this. Every time I start my computer this pops up.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-pop-up/7f001aee-234a-4546-bc43-e39be9b8fe33"