Windows 10: Unwanted Sound

Discus and support Unwanted Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've developed an unwanted sound problem. My web browser is Google Chrome. When I go to a web site whether it's this one,or yahoo, or my email, I hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kwb737, Aug 11, 2020.

1. kwb737 Win User

Unwanted Sound

I've developed an unwanted sound problem. My web browser is Google Chrome. When I go to a web site whether it's this one,or yahoo, or my email, I hear through my speakers a live stream of MSNBC. Sometimes it's only a 1 second blip before it stops, other times it may go on for close to 10 seconds before it stops on it's own. Any one what is causing this and how to stop it. Rather annoying. Thank you in advance.

:)

kwb737, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Unwanted Sound :p

Tenforo, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

Tenforo, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Unwanted Sound

1. Unwanted Sound - Similar Threads - Unwanted Sound

2. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  3. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Potentially unwanted app still lingering?: I had a potentially unwanted app appear on Windows Defender and removed it. A little while later whilst I'm clearing up some tasks that were enabled on startup I noticed one called utweb.exe Utweb and after searching it up it appears to be affiliated with the unwanted app....
  4. Potentially unwanted app still lingering?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  6. Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers: Sporadic windows chimes, day and night, after updating Intel bluetooth and wifi drivers. Happens at random, every 15 to 30 minutes, even when computer is asleep. Right clicked speaker icon to access Sound menu. Turned off all notification sounds, created and applied NoSounds...
  7. Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers: Sporadic windows chimes, day and night, after updating Intel bluetooth and wifi drivers. Happens at random, every 15 to 30 minutes, even when computer is asleep. Right clicked speaker icon to access Sound menu. Turned off all notification sounds, created and applied NoSounds...
  8. Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input

Unwanted microphone sounds when using USB sound input: I plugged in a USB turntable but the only input where I get sound is the MICROPHONE input. I changed it's input to 24bit Stereo and clicked LISTEN, so I can now hear the sound. Unfortunately the internal microphone is still on so I'm getting lots of echo. I've turned off...
  9. How to track down an unwanted sound?

How to track down an unwanted sound?: Windows 10 Build 14942 and Bluetooth. A four-note "attention" or "warning" sound is continually overriding my Bluetooth sound, which otherwise, seems to be behaving normally. I haven't been able to see any flashing icons or other indicators that an app wants my attention....
  10. Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted repeating xylophone sound, how to turn off?: I have a repeating periodic xylophone type sound that my computer keeps making. It's annoying and I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. It doesn't seem to be associated with any particular program. The "Adjust System Volume" has the speakers on (so I can listen to...