Windows 10: Unwanted Speech Services

Discus and support Unwanted Speech Services in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I "swipe down" using a touchpad on Windows 10, I often get a pop-up bar at the top of the screen that says, "To use dictation, go to settings and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tmartin32, Nov 7, 2018.

1. tmartin32 Win User

Unwanted Speech Services

When I "swipe down" using a touchpad on Windows 10, I often get a pop-up bar at the top of the screen that says, "To use dictation, go to settings and turn on speech services." I don't want this. I don't have a microphone enabled. Sometimes the service hangs up, and the unwanted bar cannot be closed. This blocks access to my browser tabs until I log off or restart.

How do I disable?

:)

tmartin32, Nov 7, 2018

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Lex Del Win User
    Speech For Phone Accessibility

Hi Chanty,

To set up Speech, please follow the steps:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap Speech.
    • Tap Read aloud incoming text messages.
    • Select from the following:
      • Always on
      • Bluetooth and headsets
      • Bluetooth only
      • wired headset only

For Text to speech settings, follow the steps below:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap speech.
    • Set desired options.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, Nov 7, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Unwanted Speech Services

Magnifier & Speech Recognition problems

Suggest you pick one of the ones I listed- or search for another- something that is really intuitive and easy...

Are you aware of these controls?

Unwanted Speech Services [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Unwanted Speech Services

1. Unwanted Speech Services - Similar Threads - Unwanted Speech Services

2. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  3. Cortana and online speech recognition service issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and online speech recognition service issue: I have been trying to setup Cortana but i am having problem setting it up because it won't pickup online speech recognition service setting that is enabled in my settings and works fine on Microsoft edge speech search and google too but cortana while setting up always asks me...
  4. No "Allow user to enable online Speech services" settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No "Allow user to enable online Speech services" settings: Hi all,I noticed that i want to disable "Allow user to enable online Speech services" via GPO in Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Regional and Language Options\. No configuration there. The closest setting there was "Allow input...
  5. No "Allow user to enable online Speech services" settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No "Allow user to enable online Speech services" settings: Hi all,I noticed that i want to disable "Allow user to enable online Speech services" via GPO in Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\Regional and Language Options\. No configuration there. The closest setting there was "Allow input...
  6. Speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech: Hi! I have problem with installing speech, what i mean is.. it is instaling but! Its not moving on. Its like this for 3 hours now and i tried even trun off and on my computer but nothing happend...
  7. Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge

Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge: First, Microsoft tried this with Internet Explorer. They "claimed" it was always meant to be part of the O.S. Anti-trust lawsuits said otherwise and required Microsoft to make it removable. Here we are again with Edge and I would like to have ZERO browser products made by...
  8. Speech

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Speech: I Can't talk and I wonder why I can't I go to discord to talk and I also can't speak in steam I have been getting very frustrated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech/01786a2d-021d-40c0-8564-6c856beeab1e"
  9. Unwanted McAfee services running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted McAfee services running: HP Envy laptop I never had mcafee products. I use Norton. But I found the following exe files in my task manager: "Processes" McAfee Core Firewall Service McAfee Management Service McAfee Management Service Host McAfee Process Validation Service "Services"...
  10. Tool to remove all unwanted tools and services.

Tool to remove all unwanted tools and services.: Hi people.. As we all know, the classical Windows XP has a tool.... XpLitePro ... to remove áll unwanted software and services you wish to have deleted. XpLite could both remove hidden programs/services which are not visible in configuration screen/ remove programs section...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. to use dictation go to settings

2. to use dictation go to Settings and turn on online speech recognition popup

3. turn off to use dictation go to settings and turn on speech services

4. when typing to use dictation go to settings pops up,
  5. to use dictation go to settings and turn on,
  6. how to disable to use dictation go to settings and turn on speech services,
  7. to use dictation go to settings and turn on speech,
  8. disable to use dictation go to settings and turn on speech services,
  9. unwanted speech services fix