Windows 10: Unwanted switching between applications

Discus and support Unwanted switching between applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Dear All, At work we have some issues with various computers that sometimes it switches automatically between programs. This happens when you're... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MelvinNolet, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Unwanted switching between applications

Dear All,

At work we have some issues with various computers that sometimes it switches automatically between programs.

This happens when you're typing an email, work in Word/Excel, browse online with Edge/Firefox/Chrome or any other program.

But it also happens when you're just sitting behind your computer doing nothing.

The strange thing is that sometimes it won't happen for hours and other times it happens multiple times a minute.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Kind regards,

Melvin Nolet

:)

MelvinNolet, Feb 4, 2020

2. Switching from one application to another

Hi Dean,

For us to better assist you with your concern on switching application, we'd like to ask a few question.

• Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed?

To determine the version and OS build number, type winver in the search bar of Start menu.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Unwanted switching between applications

Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Unwanted switching between applications

1. Unwanted switching between applications - Similar Threads - Unwanted switching between

2. Computer lags when switching between or after closing an application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lags when switching between or after closing an application: Hello,I've noticed for the past couple of weeks that my computer will lag when I either try alt-tabbing or pressing the Windows key to switch to another application making it impossible to use the other applications. I've noticed it only really happens when I'm in a game and...
  3. Computer lags when switching between or after closing an application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lags when switching between or after closing an application: Hello,I've noticed for the past couple of weeks that my computer will lag when I either try alt-tabbing or pressing the Windows key to switch to another application making it impossible to use the other applications. I've noticed it only really happens when I'm in a game and...
  4. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  5. Switching between applications in windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switching between applications in windows: Good day to you all. Question about switching applications in windows 10 operating system. There are several ways to switch between open applications. Two ways out of several more: 1. Using the alt/win+tab keyboard shortcuts. 2. Selecting the desired application on the...
  6. Unwanted Applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwanted Applications: Hello Team, After deploying the Winodws 10 OS Image in our clinet machines we do see that unwanted application got installed. Is there any way to stop? below are the few apps list. Can we remove this apps from windows 10 image level? Yes we can block this system level but...
  7. Cant switch between applications using taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cant switch between applications using taskbar: Hi All, I've been facing a issue with taskbar applications. whenever i have more than one instance of the same same application like two workbooks of excel or two windows of chrome i cant switch to different application using the thumbnail that comes on application icon in...
  8. Unwanted application

Unwanted application: After visiting a recipe site, I now have the app websearchdl.com that comes up everytime I boot up my computer. It shows on my toolbar that this website in not secure. I have used all the Microsoft apps to check my computer for potential threats and after the scans it comes...
  9. Uninstalling unwanted applications

Uninstalling unwanted applications: Hello my name is Hugh and I am facing some issues when I uninstalled a program from my Windows 10 desktop. I uninstalled utorrent but I still have the program in my task manager on the startup page. If anyone can help me get rid of it completely then it will be much...
  10. Using taskbar icons to switch between open applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Using taskbar icons to switch between open applications: I have been using Windows 10 successfully on my HP laptop since I bought it, and in particular clicking on the taskbar icons to switch between open applications. Sometime yesterday evening, for no apparent reason, this facility has ceased to work. Having found previous...