Windows 10: Unwanted Tackbar Item

Discus and support Unwanted Tackbar Item in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 ver 20H2 I get get a strange icon on my taskbar and it produces this. What is it and how can I get rid of this unwanted thing? Thank you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Aug 14, 2021.

1. JJG10 Win User

Unwanted Tackbar Item

Windows 10 ver 20H2 I get get a strange icon on my taskbar and it produces this. What is it and how can I get rid of this unwanted thing? Thank you

:)

JJG10, Aug 14, 2021

2. How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?

paulckruger, Aug 14, 2021
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Aug 14, 2021
  4. Unwanted Tackbar Item

How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?

I have found everything but what I am looking for!

UNPIN UNWANTED ICONS FROM TASK BAR
    I just upgraded two systems to Win 10 this weekend but am having trouble finding out how to remove unwanted icons from the task bar.

• Desktop
    • Downloads
    • Pictures
    • Documents
    • Music

These take up space I prefer to use for desired icons. I don't need or want them there but there is no "un-pin" option for those. I have searched and all I can find are results to hide the entire task bar or instructions on how to add to the taskbar but not a word on how to remove those unwanted items.

I would also like to know how I can un-pin one specific drive which is encrypted so it is not available on taskbar...it always wants me to format it! Better to hide from taskbar. Still needs to remain visible to encryption program of course.

I still have time to return to Win 7 if I find Win 10 to be un-user friendly so hope someone has solved some of the problems with the upgrade.

( I already turned off all the privacy leaks MS installed ! *Wink )

Thanks!

paulckruger, Aug 14, 2021
Thema:

Unwanted Tackbar Item

1. Unwanted Tackbar Item - Similar Threads - Unwanted Tackbar Item

2. Win 11 and tackbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 and tackbar: Does anyone else have problem with the stupid positioning of the taskbar?In the last versions you could move your taskbar wherever you want left, right, top, bottom Bottom was a default. Now it is very hard to change the position. And when you do it true the register, the...
  3. Win 11 and tackbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 and tackbar: Does anyone else have problem with the stupid positioning of the taskbar?In the last versions you could move your taskbar wherever you want left, right, top, bottom Bottom was a default. Now it is very hard to change the position. And when you do it true the register, the...
  4. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  5. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted items on Desktop: Over the last 2-3 days I've noticed something deferent when i start my desktop. I'm running Win 10 Home ver: 21H1. When Windows loads the Theme appears along with the retangular box to enter my PIN. In the lower left side of the screen my first and last name appears and a...
  6. Unwanted items on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unwanted item on my desktop

Unwanted item on my desktop: Sometimes I have this vertical slider: https://postimg.cc/zbCKzkQB that stays on top. I don't know what it is and how to remove it, short of logging off. It does not even work: when I move it, it goes back down. Clicking on the X does not kill it, nor the escape key. I...
  8. Unwanted Context menu item

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted Context menu item: Hello to everybody! I would like some help with a Context menu item that I can't get rid of. Since I tried an application (Master PDF Editor 5), the item ''Open with Master PDF Editor 5'' has been added to the Context menu. When I right click on a pdf file, I see this item...
  9. How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items

How to Remove Unwanted Menu Items: I have 30 laptops we use in our school environment. I want to reduce the visual distractions for the student on the Start menu. I have been looking for a way to remove "Settings" and "Windows Security" from the User Menu. These are not located in the two places that I know...
  10. Deleting unwanted items

Deleting unwanted items: When I open up I have a lot of unwanted items along the top. Dragging to the recycling bin does not work. These are not APPS they are topics I looked at some years ago....