Windows 10: Unwanted Taskbar

Discus and support Unwanted Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After downloading garage band from garagebandforpc.org, a strange task bar appeared at the top of my desktop. I went to my taskbar settings, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AwkwardPizzaDude, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Unwanted Taskbar

After downloading garage band from garagebandforpc.org, a strange task bar appeared at the top of my desktop. I went to my taskbar settings, I restarted my computer, I uninstalled Garage Band, and I scanned my computer for malware, but none of these things helped, leading me to believe that this is an issue with Windows itself.

As you can see, I've blurred out my desktop for reasons of confidentiality, but you can also see 2 distinct task bars. The one at the bottom is the normal taskbar, and the one at the top is the taskbar that strangely appeared.

Unwanted Taskbar f304faaf-d5b7-444d-a018-227488873abf?upload=true.jpg

:)

AwkwardPizzaDude, Apr 28, 2020

2. Unwanted items on Windows 10 taskbar

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps below to customize the taskbar and also try to unpin the unwanted icons from the taskbar.

Step 1: Try customizing which icons which will be displayed on the task bar and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Settings.

3. Then select System.

4. Click on Notifications and actions.

5. Then click on Select which icons appear on the taskbar. Also click on
    Turn System icons on or off.

6. Try to turn off unwanted icons on the taskbar.

Step 2: I recommend you to unpin unwanted shortcut icons which is created on the taskbar.

1. Right click on unwanted icons on the taskbar other than System icons such as network icon and sound icons.

2. Then click on Unpin from taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on taskbar
    issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Unwanted Taskbar

how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Unwanted Taskbar

1. Unwanted Taskbar - Similar Threads - Unwanted Taskbar

2. How to remove unwanted infinity shaped snake from Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove unwanted infinity shaped snake from Windows 10 Taskbar: I am wondering if there is a way to remove the infinity shaped snake that appeared in my task search bar. It displays the daily news and trending searches....
  3. How to remove unwanted infinity shaped snake from Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove unwanted infinity shaped snake from Windows 10 Taskbar: I am wondering if there is a way to remove the infinity shaped snake that appeared in my task search bar. It displays the daily news and trending searches....
  4. How to remove unwanted infinity shaped snake from Windows 10 Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar: I,For some reason, I am seeing artifacts in the line that shows up under open windows. I thought I could take a screenshot, but it doesn't show up.On my PC Windows 10, I see a second line and a third line that flashes. All the lines are thinner than what shows up in the...
  6. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar: I,For some reason, I am seeing artifacts in the line that shows up under open windows. I thought I could take a screenshot, but it doesn't show up.On my PC Windows 10, I see a second line and a third line that flashes. All the lines are thinner than what shows up in the...
  7. Unwanted lines appear on the taskbar

8. How to stop daily taskbar unwanted notices of "this date in history" ? Why is it forced on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop daily taskbar unwanted notices of "this date in history" ? Why is it forced on...: Microsoft finds it necessary to force unwanted content without recourse for removal. Lack of choice and control over MY property is unacceptable. Failure to provide options for "features" means Microsoft DECIDES what I will get with NO OPTION for choice. What a...
  9. How to stop daily taskbar unwanted notices of "this date in history" ? Why is it forced on...

How to stop daily taskbar unwanted notices of "this date in history" ? Why is it forced on...: Microsoft finds it necessary to force unwanted content without recourse for removal. Lack of choice and control over MY property is unacceptable. Failure to provide options for "features" means Microsoft DECIDES what I will get with NO OPTION for choice. What a...
  10. How to stop daily taskbar unwanted notices of "this date in history" ? Why is it forced on...