Windows 10: Unwanted tiles on Start

Discus and support Unwanted tiles on Start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a few tiles in Start I can't get rid of. They can't be unpinned and clicking on them R or L just leads to the store or an add to buy them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VBor, Dec 31, 2018.

1. VBor Win User

Unwanted tiles on Start

I have a few tiles in Start I can't get rid of. They can't be unpinned and clicking on them R or L just leads to the store or an add to buy them. Dolby Access, Royal Revolt 2 and Township are the apps. They actually aren't in the app list so don't actually seem to be installed. Can anyone help?

:)

2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Unwanted Apps in Start, Need help with script

The whole purpose of this is to complete a unfinished script I have set in place already that I'm using which works well without any integrity violations...but

The point is that I'm trying to come up with a simple script addition, that automates this such described manual 1-minute job, and to turn that in to a 1-second script...

In the original post I explain that I have a script that removes everything pre-installed already except for these few unwanted items which are left behind listed as tiles on start.

The only pre-installed apps I have included to stay in my current script i'm working on are listed in my photo below, but the problem still remains as I have unwanted tiles listed in start I would like remove via a script so that could be included in the final one I'm working on.

MrWhispers, Jan 10, 2020
  4. VBor Win User

Unwanted tiles on Start

Unwanted tiles on Start

I have a few tiles in Start I can't get rid of. They can't be unpinned and clicking on them R or L just leads to the store or an add to buy them. Dolby Access, Royal Revolt 2 and Township are the apps. They actually aren't in the app list so don't
    actually seem to be installed. Can anyone help?

Thema:

Unwanted tiles on Start

1. Unwanted tiles on Start - Similar Threads - Unwanted tiles Start

2. Glitched start tile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Glitched start tile: [IMG]And no, it wont go away. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/glitched-start-tile/5b1f123e-582b-4104-810b-a4936b4cc5f1
  3. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  4. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  5. Tiles on the start page

Tiles on the start page: I have modified the tiles in groups of app types, like Office, Creative, games & utilities, but when I shut down or restart, the tiles are back to the default settings....
  6. start tiles

start tiles: cant remove or unpin or delete folder in start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/efe6c51f-207c-496a-a6cf-1bd004f85749
  7. start tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start tiles: how do you build an app in the tile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-tiles/16a37e54-ad94-4a28-ae17-99d0eab44401
  8. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  9. Unwanted live tiles on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Unwanted live tiles on desktop: I am an IT volunteer at a day centre and am working with a gentleman who has live tiles on the desktop which are unwanted. I can't seem to find the control panel if that is the way to rectify the problem. Does anyone know how to restore the desktop icons please? Many...
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326