Windows 10: unwanted updates to microsoft

Discus and support unwanted updates to microsoft in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I called Microsoft on 7/31/2020 because my computer is constantly subject to unwanted updates whenever it is one. I asked that Microsoft stop sending... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by JeffreyRothstein, Jul 31, 2020.

1. unwanted updates to microsoft

I called Microsoft on 7/31/2020 because my computer is constantly subject to unwanted updates whenever it is one. I asked that Microsoft stop sending me mysterious and unwanted updates--some of which are effecting how my computer operates and adding unnecessary programs to my hard drive, which take up extra space--that I did not request. The tech support person, who hung up on me after claiming that we were "going around in circles" verified beforehand that he could not stop windows from "updating," my computer even though I had requested a stop to unwanted updates, excluding virus protection. He claimed that since I used windows I had agreed to these terms. He had previously sent me into a particular setting which only offered to delay updates for up to 7-days.

Since windows is the only operating system one can use unless one is on Macintosh, it is essentially a monopoly and doesn't provide any adequate choices. When I pointed this out to your representative--who never gave me his name, but who was in Nicaragua, he became obnoxious, claimed I only wanted to "hear the answers I wanted to hear," as if I were asking him to defy some sort of natural law, and then refused to let me speak to his supervisor. Since I have no choice but to use Windows online, sending me unwanted updates is a form of online fascism and reflects the fact that windows is only interested in data mining its unwitting customers--who have apparently tacitly agreed to all of these ludicrous conditions, since they otherwise would have no internet access. The Orwellian logic your representative employed was/is Orwellian. If you continue to send me unwanted updates I will be forced to take a legal action since your entire rationale is based on the fact that I have entered into a relationship with the only company that I can use, as there are no alternatives, if i don't go out and buy a Mac, which would be quite expensive at this point.

I am imploring you to stop updating my computer without my express and direct permission!!

I hope that this argument ends here; otherwise I will seek legal council and add my name to any class action suits presently being brought against Windows for various reasons. This is not the middle ages and your hubristic attitude reflect the unfortunate fact that Microsoft has in essence become hegemonic.

I expect a response from someone in a supervisory or management capacity within seven days. If not, I will assume that you are being a corporate bully and I will contact a lawyer, write to a local congressman and write a letter to the newspaper in Madison Wisconsin, in addition to contacting every public Better business bureau and the burau of consumer complaints.

If you attempt to get reprisals by downloading bad programs on my computer, I will record it and use it as evidence. I do not trust Microsoft and your own Technical support people have reinforced my belief that you are only interested in data mining and using downloads as an unwitting form of corporate harassment.

Respectfully and Sincerely,

Jeffrey Z Rothstein

:)

JeffreyRothstein, Jul 31, 2020
  2. OSdevr Win User

Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Available Today

Oh dear they're still pushing that. I STILL don't like the metro tiles and stuff!

OSdevr, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 31, 2020
  4. unwanted updates to microsoft

Unwanted search bar on Microsoft Edge and Steam Browser

Hi Noah,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you clear the data of Edge and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbw

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge and check.
    With respect to issue that you are facing with Steam I would suggest that you contact the developer as we do not support third part application.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

unwanted updates to microsoft

1. unwanted updates to microsoft - Similar Threads - unwanted updates microsoft

2. HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES?: HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES? MY COMPUTER DOESN'T SUPPORT WIN 11 AND I DON'T EVEN WANT TO INSTALL NEW UPDATES.Windows 10 pro Version 22H2Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzRam: 16.0GBHD: 465 GBDEVICE ID: 87CF5103-D08E-47DD-B29E-4CF49B4F835APRODUCT ID:...
  3. HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES?: HOW TO AVOID UNWANTED UPDATES? MY COMPUTER DOESN'T SUPPORT WIN 11 AND I DON'T EVEN WANT TO INSTALL NEW UPDATES.Windows 10 pro Version 22H2Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHzRam: 16.0GBHD: 465 GBDEVICE ID: 87CF5103-D08E-47DD-B29E-4CF49B4F835APRODUCT ID:...
  4. Unwanted updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unwanted updates: How can I stop automatlc updates.Every tlme I update I can't get online anymore. It has something to do with May 2000 update messing up the proxy setting. I don't care. I'm perfeticly happy with windows the way it is.How can I stop the updates and schedulling of any future...
  5. Lost passwords when unwanted updates from microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost passwords when unwanted updates from microsoft: After Microsoft updates my passwords to my medical records and other documents were lost. Had these passwords for along time. My bussiness NOT YOURS! Please recover my passwords. I do not need a line of ----, just my passwords back....
  6. Microsoft installing unwanted apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft installing unwanted apps: I recognize that this forum is not attended by the folks at Microsoft, but hope someone can give me some insight. For the third time in several months when I booted my computer this morning I discovered that once again Microsoft had installed software I do not want; did not...
  7. Windows update installed unwanted Microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update installed unwanted Microsoft edge: As if it wasn't annoying enough that a programme was installed on my PC without my knowledge or permission, It changed my home page and deleted all my history on Chrome. I'm afraid I regard this as an aggressive hack by microsoft. Any other programme that did this, is called...
  8. unwanted update

unwanted update: I am continually getting an Android update dated 2016. It has downloaded and installed most days since Feb 2020....At least 100 times. How do I get rid of this pest? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-update/7b144f5f-37fb-4e52-9145-53bf98255b4a
  9. Unwanted updates for Win 10

Unwanted updates for Win 10: For the last several days my system has mysteriously updated windows suddenly.. no warning.. and hundreds of files are missing. I need to block this. I have had to reconstruct critical documents four times. Can anyone advise?...
  10. unwanted apps in Microsoft store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unwanted apps in Microsoft store: When I go to the Microspft store and go to My Library, I find all of these apps that I do not use or want. There is no option to delete them. I am given the option to share or launch, I do not want either one of those options. How do these apps get on a computer if I...