Windows 10: Unwanted wake up from sleep

Discus and support Unwanted wake up from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, When putting the PC to sleep, it wakes up on its own after some time (don’t know exactly, roughly after 1-2h). Setup: Win 10 Pro, ASRock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by noap, Nov 4, 2017.

1. noap Win User

Unwanted wake up from sleep

Hi,

When putting the PC to sleep, it wakes up on its own after some time (don’t know exactly, roughly after 1-2h).
    Setup: Win 10 Pro, ASRock Z270M-ITX/ac board, i7-7700k

Already run the following commands:
    powercfg –lastwake
    --> shows the same result every time (no matter if I wake the PC or it wakes up on its own): Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible-Hostcontroller – 1.0 (Microsoft)
    powercfg –devicequery wake_armed
    --> shows HID mouse only, since I’ve disabled everything else via device manager

Fortunately, I’ve been able to find out the root cause: the wireless keyboard. If I unplug the keyboard’s USB receiver, the PC stays asleep.
    Unfortunately, I don’t know how to disable the unwanted wake ups, since I’ve already disabled it in the device manager, as already mentioned. All tutorials I've found so far didn't help me solve the problem.

Any ideas?

:)

noap, Nov 4, 2017
  2. MSuser89 Win User

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10 right when in goes into sleep mode. so it wakes up immediately after going into sleep mode. how to fix?

MSuser89, Nov 4, 2017
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Lenovo ideapad 100S will not resume from sleep mode.

Hi Michael,

Pressing a key on the keyboard or tapping on the mouse pad wakes the laptop from sleep. However, if it won't wake up, there are several ways to wake it up:

• Press the power or sleep button to wake it up.
    • Close the lid of the laptop and open it again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Erika Aro, Nov 4, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Nov 4, 2017
  5. noap Win User
    I couldn't find an entry named HID\VID_046D&PID_C52B, but other than that I've disabled all but one HID mouse entry.

noap, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unwanted wake up from sleep - Similar Threads - Unwanted wake sleep

2. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR on wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR on wake up from sleep: Hi Experts, I have an issue with my lenovo ideapad z710 on windows 10. Some times when the laptop is waken from hibernation, its stops responding and i get a blue screen of death with details below. The problem happens intermittently. I updated to the latest drivers with no...
  3. Wake from sleep - unwanted ethernet, versus mouse?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake from sleep - unwanted ethernet, versus mouse?: About a week ago I started noticing that my PC, which normally goes to sleep at the three-hour mark of inactivity, would be awake when I returned from work, or to a lesser extent, in the morning. Using the event viewer, I found that the source of these unwanted wakes -...
  4. wake up from sleep?

wake up from sleep?: I can't wake up my computer from sleep be clicking the mouse or using the keyboard. I have tried everything and all the settings in device manager are set the same as my other computer and that one works fine....
  5. Cant wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant wake up from sleep: I have a Dell Inspirion laptop 7373. Most of the time when it goes to sleep I can not wake it. The keyboard is lit, so I think its just the display that is not waking. I press the power key all the function buttons etc. Any help would be appreciated I tried a lot of...
  6. Wake up from sleep

Wake up from sleep: Hi My laptop doesn't wakeup after I put it to sleep, I just get a blank grey screen. I have to force a restart. What am I doing wrong https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/c338a9d8-9ad1-4408-ac39-f86c54be1119
  7. Windows wakes up unwantedly

Windows wakes up unwantedly: Hello, I've been having the issue of my computer unwantedly waking up from sleep mode. It occurs very often right after putting it to sleep (I usually have to put it asleep again once or twice more before it doesn't wake up again) or when I get up from the chair at my desk...
  8. Will not wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Will not wake up from sleep: I have 1809-17763.379 and if I choose sleep by right clicking the start button the computer will not wake up with the mouse or keyboard. It will wake up from screensaver with the mouse. If I push the power button it will wake up. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 130026
  9. Wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wake up from sleep: Sirs, Windows 10 Version 1809 is very slow to recover from 'sleep'. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wake-up-from-sleep/98c1ef70-18db-42b8-84c2-8c43d679e85b
  10. waking up from sleep mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    waking up from sleep mode: how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-from-sleep-mode/b4ff1b9a-ea46-4a3a-975c-1d05f338aeae"