Windows 10: Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers

Discus and support Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sporadic windows chimes, day and night, after updating Intel bluetooth and wifi drivers. Happens at random, every 15 to 30 minutes, even when computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Aiiyiiyiii, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers

Sporadic windows chimes, day and night, after updating Intel bluetooth and wifi drivers. Happens at random, every 15 to 30 minutes, even when computer is asleep.

Right clicked speaker icon to access Sound menu. Turned off all notification sounds, created and applied NoSounds profile, even turned system sounds volume to zero, and master volume control to zero, and it still happens.

Driving me crazy.

Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.685

:)

Aiiyiiyiii, Dec 20, 2020
  2. gorgor Win User

How to remove unwanted OEM Windows driver or app updates

This became worse and worse over the last 1-2 years. MS did more and more to remove the possibility for users to remove driver updates or Apps which are pushed through Windows Update for devices, especially for laptops. This then includes tons of unwanted Software, Touchpad, Sound, OEM apps, ect. Or just Intel iGPU or Nvidia GPU drivers, which are old OEM builds for example by Dell. This then includes services and UWP apps too.

In the beginning, you could easily disable driver updates through control panel system. This doesnt work anymore since over a year now. I am not sure if this is a bug, or MS secretly deactivated the functionality.

Then they also removed the specific driver and OEM app updates from the Update list, most updates are not listed anymore in the installed update list, you cant remove them anymore after Windows installed them.

wushowhide.diagcab doesnt work too anymore 100%. Most driver updates you flag with them are ignored and Windows still installs them. Most OEM app updates are not even listed to hide.

I had so many issues over the past months on my Dell XPS laptop, because of Windows just pushes and forces broken drivers or apps through Windows Update, and then even ROLLS back drivers. I have literally no control anymore over my PCs.

Here is an example:

Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers [​IMG]

Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers [​IMG]

These forced OEM app updates are not listed in the Updates to remove list. These driver updates are forced through even you deactivated the functionality in several ways. That yellow flagged Intel Media SDK, for example, is broken since weeks and Windows tries to install it everyday and fails.

How do I remove for example the unwanted OEM app "Waves - SoftwareComponent - 5/15/2018 12:00:00 AM" which runs as a service in the background all the time I dont want. Same as "9NB9SRTL2KPT-WavesAudio.WavesMaxxAudioProforDell".

This is just unbelievable. There has to be a way to deactivate this out of control nonsense. And also remove the already installed updates.

gorgor, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers

Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

the message appears again on restart after uninstall

SubhashKedia, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers

1. Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers - Similar Threads - Unwanted sounds updating

2. Mouse lag after unwanted "driver updates"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lag after unwanted "driver updates": Hi,Long story short, I used a program that I shouldn't have to update drivers. It's not malware, but it's clearly garbage and I've since uninstalled it. The program is PC Helpsoft and when it updated drivers I immediately noticed issues, one of which being what appears to be...
  3. Mouse lag after unwanted "driver updates"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse lag after unwanted "driver updates": Hi,Long story short, I used a program that I shouldn't have to update drivers. It's not malware, but it's clearly garbage and I've since uninstalled it. The program is PC Helpsoft and when it updated drivers I immediately noticed issues, one of which being what appears to be...
  4. Mouse lag after unwanted "driver updates"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers

Unwanted windows sounds after updating Intel drivers: Sporadic windows chimes, day and night, after updating Intel bluetooth and wifi drivers. Happens at random, every 15 to 30 minutes, even when computer is asleep. Right clicked speaker icon to access Sound menu. Turned off all notification sounds, created and applied NoSounds...
  6. Unwanted Sound

Unwanted Sound: I've developed an unwanted sound problem. My web browser is Google Chrome. When I go to a web site whether it's this one,or yahoo, or my email, I hear through my speakers a live stream of MSNBC. Sometimes it's only a 1 second blip before it stops, other times it may go on for...
  7. Windows update with intel drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update with intel drivers: I recently changed hardware from intel to amd and got rid of the intel graphics drivers but windows update wants to reinstall them. is it a registry thing?...
  8. Intel Drivers Update

Intel Drivers Update: [ATTACH]Since the new update of my graphics driver(26.20.100.7263) The control panel is nowhere to be found. Intel says I should download the app in the Microsoft store and I did, but it says an old version has been installed so I can't open. When I checked the Intel's...
  9. No sound after updating drivers

No sound after updating drivers: Hello, I have recently tried to update sound drivers and I've lost all sound output after that. The sound test shows working but there's no sound. Nothing I've tried helped. Rolled back the drivers, running diagnostics..I even reinstalled the windows still have the same...
  10. Intel Sound Driver

Intel Sound Driver: I recently got an update for Intel Sound Drivers, through windows update and after restarting the laptop it says "No Audio Output Device is Installed". What should I do?...