Windows 10: Unwelcome remote access

Discus and support Unwelcome remote access in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I’ve suspected for some time that somebody was visiting my system without my knowledge or permission and now I know I’m right. At the moment, I’m... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JoeLangefeld, May 8, 2022.

1. Unwelcome remote access

So I’ve suspected for some time that somebody was visiting my system without my knowledge or permission and now I know I’m right. At the moment, I’m having malware issues, but that’s another story for somewhere else. I currently have my computer disconnected from the internet and even now, event logs are telling me about netlogon sessions and how things are being changed like I said.. there’s helper malware and how a restart is required, but I don’t know what for…. So I just back-tracked to a restore point that I believe was made during one such session. I’ve deleted netlogon.dll out of des

:)

JoeLangefeld, May 8, 2022
  2. RuskinF Win User

Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, May 8, 2022
  3. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, May 8, 2022
  4. Steevo Win User

Unwelcome remote access

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Unwelcome remote access

1. Unwelcome remote access - Similar Threads - Unwelcome remote access

2. Unwelcome remote access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unwelcome remote access: So I’ve suspected for some time that somebody was visiting my system without my knowledge or permission and now I know I’m right. At the moment, I’m having malware issues, but that’s another story for somewhere else. I currently have my computer disconnected from the internet...
  3. Unwelcome remote access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unwelcome remote access: So I’ve suspected for some time that somebody was visiting my system without my knowledge or permission and now I know I’m right. At the moment, I’m having malware issues, but that’s another story for somewhere else. I currently have my computer disconnected from the internet...
  4. Unwelcome program !

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unwelcome program !: After updating a program a few days ago I didn't realise that it also added Spyhunter 5 ! I quickly uninstalled it and checked registry for any fragments etc. Although it seems to have been removed it still shows on the "Select what item to show in the taskbar list" under...
  5. Remote Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Access: I have followed the instructions to Enable access on my desktop I have downloaded the client to my laptop. I have keyed in the computer name I want to connect to When I execute Remote Access on the laptop I am asked to key in the user id and password I specified when I...
  6. Remote Access

Remote Access: I have two PCs, one is a Laptop with Windows 10 Pro and a Desktop with Windows 10 Home. My network identifies both, one as "WIN10-PRO" and the other as "WIN10-HOME". I have no problem remotely accessing "WIN10-PRO" files from "WIN10-HOME"; however, I cannot remotely access...
  7. remote access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remote access: can i use the windows 10 remote workstation software download on my windows 10 home computer to remote into my office 7 windows at work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access/eead4cae-a3f1-4ec7-9587-21304e9ae60a
  8. Remote access

Remote access: I unfortunately allowed someone maintaining they were from BT Openreach and they were trying to get me to make a payment through my bank. Very fortunately this was not successful and no damage appears to have been done I am now concerned that they may be able to still...
  9. Unwelcome driver updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwelcome driver updates: Every time my PC with Windows 10 is updated automatically is a big headache since some drivers are updated and do not work properly as I can do so that every time my pc is updated automatically my drivers are not updated?...
  10. Unwelcome reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unwelcome reboot: Microsoft updated my OS in the middle of the day, while my back was turned getting supper. I lost a days work on Excel 2007 when, unwelcomed, they rebooted my system. Is there a way to prevent this?...