Windows 10: Unzip - not available on right click in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Unzip - not available on right click in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi How do I get unzip back on my shortcut menu that appears if I right click on a file that I want to unzip. I cannot find the option associate it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ricki_Auz, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Ricki_Auz Win User

Unzip - not available on right click in Windows Explorer

Hi

How do I get unzip back on my shortcut menu that appears if I right click on a file that I want to unzip.

I cannot find the option associate it with in choose default apps by file type.

The only option that comes up is:

Look for an apps in Microsoft Store.

Thanks

:)

Ricki_Auz, Oct 4, 2020

2. Unable to unzip pictures to windows photo viewer

Hi Carol,

you might face such issues if the file is zipped.

I suggest you to unzip the file and check.

To do so follow the steps below.

Open File Explorer and find the zipped folder.
    • To unzip the entire folder, right-click (or press and hold) it, select
      Extract All,
      then follow the instructions.
    • To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.

Reply us with the status of the issue in regards with Windows Photo Viewer. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 4, 2020
  3. unzip files in windows 10

I see multiple questions about unzipping files in windows 10 with the same exact response about opening the folder via 'windows icon +E' which I can use to open a folder but I get no option for unzipping other than I need to download Winzip. Is this functionality
    not included in windows 10 as it has been previously? Please don't just post the same copy and paste response that didn't work for quite a few people based on comments from your site.
    The steps below DO NOT WORK for windows 10. I've been using previous versions of windows for years and while this used to work it doesn't in your new version.

• Locate the zipped folder that you want to unzip (extract) files or folders from.
    • Do one of the following:
      • To unzip a single file or folder, open the zipped folder, then drag the file or folder from the zipped folder to a new location.
      • To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.

JaimeScaggs, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Unzip - not available on right click in Windows Explorer

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Unzip - not available on right click in Windows Explorer

1. Unzip - not available on right click in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Unzip available right

2. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  3. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  4. explorer right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    explorer right click: I do not get a format option when I right click on CD driveDiskmanager, however, does have a format optionScandisk and DISM both run without finding any problemsc: cd \Windows/System32 Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup pause Dism /online /cleanup-Image...
  5. Windows Explorer right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer right click: If, in Windows Explorer, I right click on a file, to see the "Properties", I am presented instead with an ENORMOUS List of "facilities" that I NEVER use, but I have then to click the down arrow to get where I want.How can I -EITHERRemove most of these items from that menu...
  6. right click windows explorer fails

right click windows explorer fails: windows 10 Pro workgroup right click in windows explorer and explorer disappears ran sfc Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.592] c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take...
  7. Windows Explorer spins on Right-Click

Windows Explorer spins on Right-Click: Hello all, I've been encountering a problem on a number of machines with the following symptoms: Right-clicking a file in File Explorer/Desktop takes about 5 minutes for the context menu to open. Clicking Run As Administrator in the Start Menu is unresponsive. File...
  8. Can't right click on Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't right click on Windows Explorer: Whenever I right click it just hangs forever with the little blue thing, if I close Windows Explorer the entire screen resets. I tried downloading ShellExView, it's useless! Don't suggest that awful program. I tried reinstalling my drivers, didn't work! How can I fix this...
  9. Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click: I've been having this problem for about 2 months now. Basically whenever I go to right click a folder / my desktop explorer stops responding and eventually crashes. I've tried disabling extensions using ShellExView, and disabling shimgvw.dll using CMD Prompt. Can't really...
  10. Right click not working in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working in Explorer: Not sure when this issue came up, maybe a few days or longer, I just kept doing other things to get by. If on a webpage or desktop I can use the right click, but in explorer if I right click a folder it brings up the menu, then taskbar icons all flash, then quickly...