Windows 10: Unzipped file (photo with tags) converted to pdf, replaced original, and text for photo lost

Discus and support Unzipped file (photo with tags) converted to pdf, replaced original, and text for photo lost in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I was sent a photo in a zipped file that had tags attached to the people in the photo to identify them. I needed to forward this photo on, did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nishiki, Jun 1, 2019.

1. nishiki Win User

Unzipped file (photo with tags) converted to pdf, replaced original, and text for photo lost

Hello

I was sent a photo in a zipped file that had tags attached to the people in the photo to identify them.

I needed to forward this photo on, did so, but the recipient doesn't see the text in the tags, just the circles with blank.

Now when I tried to look at it in my download file, it takes me to a pdf version that doesn't show the text.

When I look at it in the original email attachment, the tags by the people are there, but the text for the tags is to the left of the photo and not in the same order (so I can't identify which name belongs to who.)

Can you help me to fix this?

:)

nishiki, Jun 1, 2019

2. Unable to unzip pictures to windows photo viewer

Hi Carol,

you might face such issues if the file is zipped.

I suggest you to unzip the file and check.

To do so follow the steps below.

Open File Explorer and find the zipped folder.
    • To unzip the entire folder, right-click (or press and hold) it, select
      Extract All,
      then follow the instructions.
    • To unzip a single file or folder, double-click the zipped folder to open it. Then, drag or copy the item from the zipped folder to a new location.

Reply us with the status of the issue in regards with Windows Photo Viewer. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 1, 2019
  3. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Unzipped file (photo with tags) converted to pdf, replaced original, and text for photo lost

apply tags to photos in file explorer [win v10]

Hi Lisa,

Applying tags to pictures in File Explorer is a great search feature in Windows 10. This works like keywords or labels that you can add to your photos so you can easily find or access them.

To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you follow these procedures on how to add tags to your photos:

• Go to File Explorer and select the photo you want to add a tag.
    • Upon selecting the picture, press right-click and choose Properties.
    • Click the Details tab. Under the Description section is a category marked as
      Tags.
    • Click on the right portion of this to get the text box open so you can indicate your tag.
    • Click OK at the bottom to save it.

Feel free to inform us if the steps above resolved your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Unzipped file (photo with tags) converted to pdf, replaced original, and text for photo lost

1. Unzipped file (photo with tags) converted to pdf, replaced original, and text for photo lost - Similar Threads - Unzipped file photo

2. Tagging photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Tagging photos: Hello i need a program to search through my photo collection and do facial recognition, so will be presented with all photos that have Fred which I identified from a previous photo. Once I have all the Fred photos displayed, then by selecting all I can add the TAG Fred to the...
  3. Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file: So I have pictures that I took on my phone that i put on my desktop through the photos app, and I want to put it in a file, I've been trying to do it but I cant figure it out, can anyone help?...
  4. Photo tags

Photo tags: Good day team I have an HP laptop with windows 10 Trying to change tags in photos After making changes the old tags return Ray https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-tags/93dae9f7-df07-4b75-98cd-69ba1807e405
  5. Photo tags

Photo tags: In a previous version of Microsoft photo gallery I tagged 31 gig worth of pictures using the provided face recognition technology. After restoring from a back up hard drive into a new computer, I can not find any of my tag info. Where is it? Why does it not display in...
  6. Photo Tagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Tagging: Tagging photo was a breeze in my now defunct Picasa. I Have Photoshop Elements but the photo Organizer is buggy as hell. My question is how I tag a photo or a group of phots in Microsoft Photos Windows 10. Thanks....
  7. Tagging Photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tagging Photos: I have a lot of untagged photos on One Drive. Is there a way I can tag multiple photos at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tagging-photos/35479a17-c720-4a4d-b523-f0fe2a96a375
  8. lost photo file

lost photo file: I have windows 10. i lost a photo file and can not restore it. i have enabled the volume shadow copy per some advice. i have no file history and can not enable that. I had the photos on my computer and on a Passport drive. what is the safest way to retrieve the photo file?...
  9. Lost a photo I need to tag a collection

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost a photo I need to tag a collection: I decided to tag the names of my family on the photos but made a mistake so I backed one of the names out. But I lost this photo and cannot tag all the collection. Can I add this photo back so that I can tag all the collection?...
  10. Replacement for Photo Manager for easily tagging photos?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replacement for Photo Manager for easily tagging photos?: I just bought a new Windows 10 computer and cannot find Photo Manager. There's only Photos, which, while pretty, has no where near the organizational power of Photo Manager. I can't search by my tags let alone add new ones in an easy way. Am I missing something? I have...