Windows 10: unzipping a file in VBS - errors with Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.2026]

Discus and support unzipping a file in VBS - errors with Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.2026] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a vbscript that among other things unzips a compressed file. The code has been working on a number of servers one pc was just upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jonsilver4, May 21, 2021.

1. unzipping a file in VBS - errors with Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.2026]

I have a vbscript that among other things unzips a compressed file. The code has been working on a number of servers one pc was just upgraded to Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.2026] and now it errors. set objShell = CreateObject"Shell.Application" set FilesInZip=objShell.NameSpacemyzipfilename.items ---> Microsoft VBScript runtime error: Object required: 'objShell.NameSpace...'an

:)

jonsilver4, May 21, 2021

2. unzip files in windows 10

I see multiple questions about unzipping files in windows 10 with the same exact response about opening the folder via 'windows icon +E' which I can use to open a folder but I get no option for unzipping other than I need to download Winzip. Is this functionality
    not included in windows 10 as it has been previously? Please don't just post the same copy and paste response that didn't work for quite a few people based on comments from your site.
    The steps below DO NOT WORK for windows 10. I've been using previous versions of windows for years and while this used to work it doesn't in your new version.

• Locate the zipped folder that you want to unzip (extract) files or folders from.
    • Do one of the following:
      • To unzip a single file or folder, open the zipped folder, then drag the file or folder from the zipped folder to a new location.
      • To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.

JaimeScaggs, May 21, 2021
  3. VBS Msgbox

Denis,

• I was too lazy to compute the size programmatically. And, it the 2005 version the message box always came up hidden, so I always used 0 for the top. It's also part of my OCD to be able to control everything.
    • I personally don't need it to timeout. I used this in vbs files to ask to continue to the next step, skip the next step or cancel the vbs. BTW, I added the code back in but keep it assign it to 0.
    • Sound was calling Windows Media Player: WshShell.Run "C:\Users\donast\desktop\sndrec32.lnk",7,false the lnk is a shortcut on my old desktop that had: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"
      "C:\Users\Public\Music\Wavefiles\Twilight.wav"
    • Yes. The value is the number of the button in the order specified when calling it.
    • Never really thought about it as all my VBS/VBA code is relatively simple and I add comments in the file as necessary to remind me what is going on. I don't usually have anyone to share my code.
    FYI I use a VBS to call it. Here's a line from a test vbs I use to run your version:

choice=Wshshell.run("custommsgbox.vbs " & wscript.scriptname & " ""CopyFiles.vbs done. Continue with UnArchVista.vbs?"" ""White"" ""Black"" 40 ""Yes"" ""No"" ""Cancel""",1,true)

Copy it to a text editor to see all the spaces, etc. Took me a while back the to figure it out.

Don

DRARetired, May 21, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

unzipping a file in VBS - errors with Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.2026]

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 21, 2021
Thema:

unzipping a file in VBS - errors with Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.2026]

1. unzipping a file in VBS - errors with Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.2026] - Similar Threads - unzipping file VBS

2. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  3. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  4. unzipping files

in Windows 10 Customization
    unzipping files: My former computer does not show a default app for unzipping folders. My new one came with the lovely 7 zip and I am HATING how it doesn't work. When I click on a zipped folder or file or whatever you want to call it, I use to be able to open a new window to choose where it...
  5. unzip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unzip files: I can not upzip a downloaded file. Keeps saying access denied, I've tried everything in the help sections. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unzip-files/6718138b-32bc-4ec5-b623-4ddf16bbd427
  6. Error in the File C:system33\windows 1,2 .vbs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error in the File C:system33\windows 1,2 .vbs: Whenever I turn on my pc these 2 errors appear. Can anyone pls help me fix these, they appear every time I turn on my pc or turn on the Power supply. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. Unzipping files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unzipping files: I want to use my nintendo switch pro controller, I’ve tried with 3 different programs, but they’re all zipped and i simply don’t know how to unzip them. I’ve extracted them but in the extracted file there’s still no .exe, so i can’t run the program What do i do? submitted by...
  8. Unzipping files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unzipping files: Somehow late last night while trying to load files from my old desktop to my new Samsung laptop I inadvertently changed the app it uses to unzip to PerfectExpert. At least I think that is what happened. I went to Settings>apps>default apps and found the app name; i.e....
  9. Unzipping Files with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unzipping Files with Windows 10: Hi, I'm having trouble unzipping personal files which have been sent to me using Windows 10 which I thought could be used for this purpose? I've received the following statement with the Zipped file - " For data security purposes, these have been delivered in an encrypted...
  10. unzip a file?

in Windows 10 Support
    unzip a file?: How can I unzip a file? I don't have a compressed folder just a zipped file. If I double click on it I get garbage. Anyone knows how I can read my .zip file? 29484