Windows 10: "Up a folder" instead of "go to previous folder" ?

Discus and support "Up a folder" instead of "go to previous folder" ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In Windows Explorer, when I press 'backspace', it goes to previous folder. Is there any way to map that to go up a folder instead ? Or is there another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Marron, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Marron Win User

"Up a folder" instead of "go to previous folder" ?

In Windows Explorer, when I press 'backspace', it goes to previous folder. Is there any way to map that to go up a folder instead ? Or is there another shortcut for "up a folder" ?

:)

Marron, Jul 3, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Jul 3, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Jul 3, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

The arrow shown in screenshot takes you up one level. The keyboard shortcut for it is ALT + UP Arrow.

"Up a folder" instead of "go to previous folder" ? [​IMG]

Kari, Jul 3, 2015
  5. ksdixon Win User
Thema:

1. "Up a folder" instead of "go to previous folder" ? - Similar Threads - folder instead previous

2. Folder opening the same folder instead of going in folder path.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder opening the same folder instead of going in folder path.: So recently i noticed everytime i go into a folder it will just open the same path that i'm currently in.Example when i double click on Desktop folder in File Explorer, it doesnt show me the files i have on desktop but instead it opens a duplicate folder.Anyone ever...
  3. Folder opening the same folder instead of going in folder path.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder opening the same folder instead of going in folder path.: So recently i noticed everytime i go into a folder it will just open the same path that i'm currently in.Example when i double click on Desktop folder in File Explorer, it doesnt show me the files i have on desktop but instead it opens a duplicate folder.Anyone ever...
  4. Libraries are placed in onedrive folder instead of local folder

Libraries are placed in onedrive folder instead of local folder: Just bought a new Dell laptop with Windows 11 with Windows 11 home, version 21H2. The downloads library is local as it should be C:\users\UserHHH\Downloads but the pictures and documents libraries are placed on c:\users\UserHHH\OneDrive\Documents. This is not working well for...
  5. Folder - Previous Versions question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder - Previous Versions question: [ATTACH] Hello guys How do i create a restore point (create a version i'll be able to go back to incase i mess something up) to a certain folder? I couldn't find anything on the internet, most likely not knowing what to search. thanks!...
  6. Emails going to drafts folder instead of being sent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails going to drafts folder instead of being sent: I see a lot of posts for the same problem. How can this be corrected? It's very frustrating when you think you've sent an email and await an answer when only to find it in the "drafts" folder. What is the problem and why is this happening?...
  7. Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent

Emails going to sent folder instead of being sent: I see a lot of posts for the same problem. How can this be corrected? It's very frustrating when you think you've sent an email and await an answer when only to find it in the "drafts" folder. What is the problem and why is this happening?...
  8. Windows Mail sends emails ok but instead of the emails going into the Sent folder they go...

Windows Mail sends emails ok but instead of the emails going into the Sent folder they go...: Windows Mail sends emails, using my outlook.com or my gmail.com email addresses, fine but instead of the sent emails going into the Sent folder they go into my Spam folder. I then have to move them from Spam to the Sent folder. Anyone else having this problem?...
  9. previous windowsfiles and folders

previous windowsfiles and folders: If I remove files from a previous Windows installation using storage sense, can they be restored, if needed. Or are they deleted permanently? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/previous-windowsfiles-and-folders/17f4e924-e61e-4c14-815d-0bb704d035aa"
  10. Folder copy instead of overwrite

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder copy instead of overwrite: When I copy folders to my flash drive I sometimes get "foldername - copy" added instead of the folder being over written. Does any one know why ? 99671