Windows 10: Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working

Discus and support Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, I have seen this issue, but none of the solutions seem to work for me. Basically, when I boot up the computer, they won't work. If I uninstall the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by smarinovic, May 25, 2021.

1. Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working

Hey, I have seen this issue, but none of the solutions seem to work for me. Basically, when I boot up the computer, they won't work. If I uninstall the keyboard and reboot, as many suggest, the arrow keys will work again but not for too long. Sometimes they will work for 5 minutes, sometimes and hour, but if given enough time, they will always stop working and I need to uninstall the keyboard and reboot again. Sometimes this doesn't even work the first time and I have to try again. When I try to update the drivers, it says that they are the most up to date. Any idea what it happening here? Thanks

:)

smarinovic, May 25, 2021

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, May 25, 2021
  3. Windows + Arrow Keys Stops working

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• Are you using a USB keyboard?

• Have you made any changes to the PC prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of your keyboard?

Since you are able to use the other shortcut keys, means that the keyboard works fine. This issue can occur if the
    Arrow keys on the keyboard are faulty.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try using the Arrow keys on other programs. Check if they are functional.

Most of the sytems have “Fn” key or a Function Lock key. This key can be used to
    Enable and Disable the Arrow keys. Check if the
    Arrow keys function after toggling the Fn key.

Method 2:

Try connecting a different keyboard to your computer. Try the shortcut keys once again. Check if they works.

Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, May 25, 2021
  4. Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working

down arrow key stopped working

My buddy's girlfriend was having this problem with a lappy except multiple keys weren't working. She tried troubleshooting, cleaning, canned air, checking drivers, then she called me. I asked "have you tried rebooting it?" She sheepishly said "no", rebooted, and problem solved.

Reboot is #1 on "shit to do when something isn't right" list.

DonInKansas, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working

1. Up and Down Arrow Keys Randomly Stop Working - Similar Threads - Down Arrow Keys

2. up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down: My arrow keys are used for page up and down how do i reset it to default as they no longer work in games and when i test it all the other arrow keys work but up and down register and page up and page down....
  3. up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys are used for page up and down: My arrow keys are used for page up and down how do i reset it to default as they no longer work in games and when i test it all the other arrow keys work but up and down register and page up and page down....
  4. Up and down arrows do not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Up and down arrows do not work: Up and down arrow keys do not work at all anywhere. They do not work even in a different keyboard plugged to a different usb port, they do also not work in the on-screen keyboard. Restarting did not help. Toggling scollock or numlock did not help. This started yesterday....
  5. Up and down arrows do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Up and down arrows do not work: Up and down arrow keys do not work at all anywhere. They do not work even in a different keyboard plugged to a different usb port, they do also not work in the on-screen keyboard. Restarting did not help. Toggling scollock or numlock did not help. This started yesterday....
  6. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  7. up and down arrow keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    up and down arrow keys: whenever i press the down arrow key it goes down but then up again but when i hold it it works if i press the up-arrow key on the keyboard it goes up two times how do i fix this on the msi laptop...
  8. up key not working and down arrow key scrolling on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    up key not working and down arrow key scrolling on its own: so basically my laptop keyboard up arrow isn't scrolling up on any webpages and when I hold my down arrow key to long it strolls on its on, its really frustrating as those two keys alone are one of the main keys I use pls help me asap...
  9. Arrow Keys Stopped Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow Keys Stopped Working: Yesterday the arrow keys on my computer worked perfectly. Today while using Excel, the arrow keys would not advance the active cell marker to the next cell, either up, down, left or right. I searched the net for a solution, but none of the answers matched either the MS...
  10. Page up and down keys, arrow keys do not work for scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Page up and down keys, arrow keys do not work for scrolling: How do I get the arrow keys and/or page up and down keys to work for scrolling webpages in Windows 10? I do not want to use the cursor and touchpad buttons....