Windows 10: Up and running on Thinkpad X120E; AMD E-350 / Zacate /Hudson

Discus and support Up and running on Thinkpad X120E; AMD E-350 / Zacate /Hudson in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; In case anyone web searches this one - Have build 9926 running pretty well on Thinkpad X120E; 8gb, conventional hdd, E-350 APU. All the devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cognus, Jan 30, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

Up and running on Thinkpad X120E; AMD E-350 / Zacate /Hudson

In case anyone web searches this one - Have build 9926 running pretty well on Thinkpad X120E; 8gb, conventional hdd, E-350 APU. All the devices actually loaded pretty well - the only thing I fetched so far, manually, was the AMD USB filters package. Luckily, so far the updates of W10 have not supplanted the Microsoft genereic SATA driver. On other similar builds this is an issue I have to manage because AMD can't seem to code a working SATA driver consistently.
    It causes a lot of I/O traffic apparently on state check or something - retries/bus-traffic. there are a couple of good SATA drivers for it but it was less work to just sub the Microsoft generic

other than those things, everything else intalled pretty smoothly, although I needed to turn off a few ill-behaved services that were creating a storm of CPU and disk activity. now nice and quiet.

I do have the "installation fail error code ####" in the events log a few times but 90% is all good so far

I have W10 on another APU build - a HP G4-1117dx with A4-3300m and it works rather well. Based on that one, which has been up for a few weeks, I thought I would see similar speediness on this X120E but so far its about like 7 in responsiveness except when something is being fetched from Wupdates in the background

:)

cognus, Jan 30, 2015
  2. Soulhike Win User

Foxconn Nettop with AMD E-350 no chipsetdriver for Windows 10 help me please

Hello i have upgraded to windows 10 pro an now my nettop is lame. I did not find any chipsetdriver.

Under windows 8 pro it runs fine and after upgrade to 8.1 pro and 10 pro the nettop did not run fine.

There are no drivers for the AMD E-350 it has the "amd a45 fch chipset". Can anybody help me!

My Netbook with amd E-350 runs fine it has "AMD A50M cipset". Sorry for my bad english.

Soulhike, Jan 30, 2015
  3. New Nokia Booklet 4G

Will there be a new Nokia Booklet? Maybe with 4G and the new AMD Zacate? Because the current one is so slow, zacate would be perfect for it. I would love to see that.

oyeahman69, Jan 30, 2015
Thema:

Up and running on Thinkpad X120E; AMD E-350 / Zacate /Hudson

1. Up and running on Thinkpad X120E; AMD E-350 / Zacate /Hudson - Similar Threads - running Thinkpad X120E

2. Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI: This might be a strange issue but when I play music through Spotify connected to a projector over HDMI, I get weird audio stuttering over HDMI audio. But when I use miracast and connect my laptop over ethernet, I don't have any audio stutter. To be clear, the audio stutters...
  3. Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thinkpad P16s AMD Audio Stutter over Integrated HDMI: This might be a strange issue but when I play music through Spotify connected to a projector over HDMI, I get weird audio stuttering over HDMI audio. But when I use miracast and connect my laptop over ethernet, I don't have any audio stutter. To be clear, the audio stutters...
  4. AMD Thinkpad Blue Screen of Death after Waking up from Sleep and playing video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Thinkpad Blue Screen of Death after Waking up from Sleep and playing video: I currently use the T14s AMD Gen 1 laptop running Windows 10. However, for the past three weeks, I started getting the blue screen of death every time I woke up from sleep.After I wake up from sleep, the BSOD usually occurs when I start playing some sort of video. The video...
  5. Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset...

Microsoft/Windows Update USB 3.0 drivers don't function correctly on AMD Hudson D3 chipset...: Microsoft/Windows Update in Windows 10 seems to like to update drivers that it shouldn't, including Video, USB 3.0, SATA devices, most of which function better with old, out of date drivers from the manufacturer than they do with the Microsoft-provided drivers, assuming the...
  6. AMD e-mail

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD e-mail: Received this e-mail from AMD today....I believe this applies to latest Insider W10 version. 158830
  7. AMD E 300

in Windows 10 Customization
    AMD E 300: I have a HP 2000 Laptop with AMD e 300 APU 1.30 Ghz and it is super slow, even slower than my old Core 2 duo. I thought the CPU could have at least Turbo boost or 4 cores. Does anybody know how to overclock it? Thanks, Habib...
  8. Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate

Drivers for AMD "Hudson" chipset, Zacate: anyone here running Win10 on AMD notebook, Zacate family [earlier E series] ? just wondering how many drivers I'll be missing and how to find. I'm wanting to try this on Lenovo Thinkpad X120e 10 is running swell on my A4-3300m based HP G4-1117dx except for onboard...
  9. GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ????

GOOD SATA driver for AMD Zacate/Hudson/E-series ????: we in the forgotten backwaters of AMD-based devices have suffered from bad SATA drivers.*Confused With all my Windows 10 installs on such, I have to switch to the very slow but stable generic MS Standard SATA device driver. The auto-installed AMD SATA on Win 10/8/7 creates...
  10. White Flag on Thinkpad X120e - Disk Perf, Audio -

White Flag on Thinkpad X120e - Disk Perf, Audio -: Going way back to the 99xx builds, I've never observed Conexant 20582 'SmartAudio HD' working. Still not working with 10159. Shows good in Dev Mgr, shows mixer, volume control, etc, certainly not muted but not a peep. Also, disk perf on this model is awful. Its pretty bad...