Windows 10: Up arrow no longer works on lock screen

Discus and support Up arrow no longer works on lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; The up arrow no longer pushes the background up to reveal the login/password. I have to hit ctrl+alt+del like some chump. What changed and how do I get... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by fischgeek, Sep 13, 2021.

1. fischgeek Win User

Up arrow no longer works on lock screen

The up arrow no longer pushes the background up to reveal the login/password. I have to hit ctrl+alt+del like some chump. What changed and how do I get this back?

:)

fischgeek, Sep 13, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Startup photos no longer working

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key.
    • Click on setting.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on lock screen.
    • Turn on “Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 13, 2021
  3. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 13, 2021
  4. Up arrow no longer works on lock screen

Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

Up arrow no longer works on lock screen

1. Up arrow no longer works on lock screen - Similar Threads - arrow longer works

2. Keyboard " Up arrow" aren't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard " Up arrow" aren't working: Corsair K60 RGB PROthe arrow to scroll up isn't working proprely and on the number pad, there is an arrow on the 8th number and it isn't working on my pc anymore.But it does on another pc. What's the matter here ? could be since update windowsTo be more precise, on a website,...
  3. Up and down arrows do not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Up and down arrows do not work: Up and down arrow keys do not work at all anywhere. They do not work even in a different keyboard plugged to a different usb port, they do also not work in the on-screen keyboard. Restarting did not help. Toggling scollock or numlock did not help. This started yesterday....
  4. Up and down arrows do not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Up and down arrows do not work: Up and down arrow keys do not work at all anywhere. They do not work even in a different keyboard plugged to a different usb port, they do also not work in the on-screen keyboard. Restarting did not help. Toggling scollock or numlock did not help. This started yesterday....
  5. Up and down arrows not working properly

Up and down arrows not working properly: I recently purchased an Asus ROG laptop. Now the up and down arrows are not working properly. It works okay in Outlook but in Facebook, for example, when I press the down arrow the pointer goes to the right line by line for just a bit then it stops altogether. I have tried...
  6. Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work

Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work: Got a weird problem where the left and right arrow keys don't work anywhere in Windows: for games, word processing, browsing, or anything else... except when I use them in conjunction with a keyboard shortcut for example, ctrl+right or alt+right does what it's supposed to...
  7. The Lock Screen Slideshow All of the Sudden No Longer Works

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    The Lock Screen Slideshow All of the Sudden No Longer Works: Today, I woke my computer out of sleep mode, and for some reason the slideshow option for my lock screen background has just quit working on me. This has happened all of the sudden too, as I have not installed or uninstalled any windows updates, PC manufacturer updates, or...
  8. My up and down arrows are not working.

My up and down arrows are not working.: does anyone know why my up and down arrows have stopped working for scrolling web pages and also for controlling my volume. My back space button stopped working also for a while at the same time but seems to be ok now....
  9. Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shutting Off Screen Lock Settings No Longer Works: I've always shut off screen locking, hibernation, screen saver, and sleep. For as many years as these features have existed, I've turned them off. Around a month ago I started finding my screens blank upon returning to my system after a half hour or so. A click of the...
  10. Arrow keys no longer work properly in Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arrow keys no longer work properly in Photos: Hitting right arrow once will move to the next image in a folder, then stop responding. The left arrow will then work to move back to the previous image but no further. Clicking the onscreen arrows still works....